Would I be a Sag or Cap rising and planets in the houses?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Leoness118

Would I be a Sag or Cap rising and planets in the houses?

Post by Leoness118 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:58 am

So I have some questions.. A lot of online birth chart calculators tell me I'm a Sag rising, but they ask for the birth city alone, whereas with iFate.com's birth chart calculator it gives you the option of pinpointing where exactly on the map you were born in the city that you were born. Unlike the other birth chart calculators that tell me I'm a Sag rising and Libra Midheaven, the iFate calculator tells me I'm a Cap rising and Scorpio Midheaven. I'm not sure which one sounds more like me, but I don't think I come across very extroverted or friendly like I think Sag rising is supposed to mean you appear, in fact I'm quite shy with people and not very sociable. So, is there at all a good way of knowing? I think it's confusing because Capricorn is in my 1st house either way, so isn't what sign is in your 1st house supposed to be your rising sign?

Also, I've read about what having planets in houses mean, but I guess I just don't understand it clearly. I have my Leo sun in the 8th house (along with Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter, according to most of the house systems, not equal house), would that mean that I have Scorpio characteristics as well as as Leo? Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm sorry about all the questions. I've attached my birth chart (from Astro) in case that is needed.
Attachments
mybirthchart.gif
mybirthchart.gif (115.42 KiB) Viewed 5708 times

Lunesoleil

Re: Would I be a Sag or Cap rising and planets in the houses?

Post by Lunesoleil » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 am

Leoness118 wrote:Unlike the other birth chart calculators that tell me I'm a Sag rising and Libra Midheaven, the iFate calculator tells me I'm a Cap rising and Scorpio Midheaven.
hi Leoness118

For shyness no tropical or sidereal zodiac will change your opposition Sun / Chiron with Saturn by the Moon and Black Moon, your shyness to certainly its source in rigidity family, father too strict mother, or the joy of living was not admitted. This global confrontation is played in the eight and two axis, the axis of the losses and gains which certainly requires you a drastic economy with Saturn in two
I use the placidus system, when we are student it would be wise at the beginning does not mix and remain on a single calculation of reference with the internet we have to do to more confusion in the learning of astrology but also a possibility of forward remarkable bond never achieved in the history of astrology

Tell me Leoness you what sex female or male? Thank you  :)
[initiative]*[décision]*[évaluation]*[réorganisation]

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm

astro.com is VERY accurate, so stay with that.....

You have mercury retrograde (going backwards)

""Mercury Retrograde
* reconsiders before speaking
* lots of inner conversation and thoughts
* expresses self better in writing
* feels misunderstood
Mercury involves mental processes and communication of all kinds. Exploring ideas, seeking knowledge, writing, public speaking, making contacts, even short trips and commerce fall into Mercury‘s domain. Mercury is retrograde at least three times each year, and is our most frequently retrograde planet. During this usually three week timeframe, misunderstandings increase, mail and email gets lost, messages are delayed or appear elsewhere, misdirection and frustration with miscommunications of all kinds tend to intensify. Odd ideas tend to occur as normal abilities and patterns of writing, learning, and speech become disrupted.

For a few, this retrograde actually has the opposite effect. New ideas, new speaking or writing abilities are often revealed in folks whose natal Mercury is retrograde. Are you normally hesitant or afraid to speak out? Do you find yourself very concerned with how others will take your words or what will happen if you speak your mind? You few, may tend to get a kind of vacation from or improvements in both your usual internal and external dialogue.

In Karmic terms, Mercury retrograde in your natal chart suggests that you may be dealing with old lessons about the negative consequences of uninhibited speech. Motives mean a lot to you. You could find yourself attracting more than your share of criticism or opposition to your ideas, but if you let that stop you from speaking your mind, you are essentially inhibiting yourself from communicating. You can learn to overcome your fears. Most other people are actually more concerned with how the world sees them than they are about what they think about you. Apply your curiosity, flexibility, and take an active interest in the welfare or interests of people around you. Half of your ability comes from listening! If speaking to groups of people makes you nervous, let your thoughts escape into the outside world by writing. Make small talk wherever possible about any topics of interest, while you boost your self confidence and begin to overcome your hesitance of expounding your personal views in public. "
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... c623fb80a9

pluto is a singleton
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 7ad594003f

Saturn retro is opposite sun which shows a lack of rapport with father
sun opposite saturn
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... stcount=40
http://www.myastrologybook.com/Sun-oppo ... rology.htm

"Sun square or opposition Pluto
People born under a challenging aspect between the Sun and Pluto are prone to inner tension and negative, self-destructive behavior. When things are going well, they suffer from fears that something will come along to change that. Their thought patterns can be negative, and if not kept in check, they can seriously undermine their happiness. Constantly worrying that the rug will be pulled from under their feet can easily become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sun-Pluto have tremendous power and strength--when they learn to accept and use that strength, instead of fear it, they are some of the most effective, insightful, helpful, and healing people around!

One of the most prominent characteristics of these aspects is the tendency to be intensely dissatisfied with their personal accomplishments and expressions of self. These people put a lot of pressure on themselves regarding their own endeavors. A child, for example, with a challenging Sun-Pluto aspect may work hard at a piece of artwork, decide it's not right, destroy it, and start all over again. This same child will be especially disturbed if they feel people are watching as they create their artwork. This is a simple example, but it's quite descriptive of the tendency for these people to be dissatisfied with their creative self-expressions, and to want to hide their expressions from others until they feel the output is "right". This is largely due to a perceived inability to express or reveal their true personalities to others. They experience a simultaneous urge to express themselves and to hide themselves. They struggle with a deep need to control themselves and life itself. Rarely are Sun-Pluto people completely satisfied with themselves. They are especially sensitive to criticism, and feel the need to "redo" themselves often. There is a marked fear of losing control, and this might stem from some traumatic event in childhood, or the childhood might have been crisis-ridden or emotionally-charged in general. As such, these people are often intensely fearful of, or threatened by, change. This can express itself through attempts to control their lives such that they can manage their fears of being taken off guard. Of course, this generally backfires! "
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sunaspects.html
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Leoness118

Post by Leoness118 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Thank you so much both of you! That all describes me to a tee.

iluminaughty

Post by iluminaughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:02 pm

post a photo of yourself and I will tell you your rising sign
".....Doing stuff is overrated. Like Hitler. He did a lot. But don't we all wish he woulda just stayed home and gotten stoned?......." (movie : tao of steve)

iluminaughty

Post by iluminaughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Give me your full chart and I'll try to help you.

Get a free printout here.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?& ... &pa=mobile

I need to see stars asteroids and points please.

Also send photo of yourself.....I'll tell you if your birtimes off....never trust hospitals.

Here's what your chart should look like :

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag4 ... d8d308.gif

Danny
".....Doing stuff is overrated. Like Hitler. He did a lot. But don't we all wish he woulda just stayed home and gotten stoned?......." (movie : tao of steve)

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 pm

iluminaughty wrote:post a photo of yourself and I will tell you your rising sign
Posting a photo is totally unnecessary for astrological matters as what you look like is simply family genetics.
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Western Astrology”