Career indicators in chart - help!

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

squiddaisy

Career indicators in chart - help!

Post by squiddaisy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:46 am

Hi All,

I'm looking to have my chart read in terms of what jobs/careers are indicated in my natal chart. My birth info is as follows:

Name: Jessica
DOB: Oct. 19, 1986
Time: 1:51pm
Rising Sign: (Supposedly Aquarius 00 degrees- right on the cusp of Capricorn)
Chinese: Fire Tiger (Born at mid-day- this means I'll have a rocky life, or something??)
Myers-Briggs Personality type: ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving type)

So, it seems I have a lot of  chart indicators for job/careers but I am really confused right now. I'm 25 with an undergrad BA (In Sociology and Italian Studies) and a lot of varied and unrelated travel and work experiences. I'm unsure of what I want to do, what my calling is, and even what it is I'm good at. In the past two years since I've graduated, I have learned a few things, however. I like working with people, I'm compassionate, I like autonomy, I'm good at organizing others, I like working with children, but not teaching them, I like comforting them and tending to their emotional needs more so than I like helping them learn to spell, do math, etc. I was thinking I would be frustrated for this reason if I became a teacher. I was thinking nursing instead but I have a lot of beef with Western Medicine, prescription drugs, insurance companies, and apathy for true wellness and preventative medicine in the american healthcare system, so that's kind of out too. For a young woman in the U.S. without direction, these seem to be the most obvious routes.

I also have an artistic turn of mind and enjoy taking fine art film photography- but it's mainly just a hobby. I also like collage. I am a good writer but find  it difficult to put together a succinct argument for essays so I feel like journalism wouldn't do. Also I hate working at the computer and get carpal tunnel symptoms after a short period of office-type work. I enjoy singing and have a natural talent for it despite never having studied. Problem is I am very nervous in front of people and don't understand music theory or know how to play an instrument so music is fairly inaccessible to me.

Some chart highlights that are pertinent to career that I know of so far:

Jupiter in Pisces supposedly indicates the healing arts. This configuration is in my second house so it seems to suggest this is a money making chart aspect?? I've also heard it can mean publishing?

My Mercury and Venus are perfectly conjunct in my tenth house of career, this indicates beauty in speech, singing and writing, which are apparent to me (I also have a certain grace and poise, elegance about me- people always used to ask if I was a ballerina and I am not.) So this could indicate singing, writing and art in general?

This Venus/Mercury conjunction is in Scorpio in the 10th house, which I've heard indicates research, cutting or surgery, acupuncture, and intensity in general. Both are very near my MC or Midheaven, with my Taurus Moon in the 4th house directly opposite near my IC...not exactly sure what this means. I think Freud and some other great psychoanalysts had this chart aspect.

Saturn is in my 10th house in Sagittarius- this may indicate a delay in success?

Pluto is in my 9th house in Scorpio very close to the Midheaven or MC, which seems to indicate power? Barack Obama and some politicians seems to have this chart aspect.

My Moon is my oriental planet and is almost 180 degrees behind my sun (Libra in the 9th house) maybe indicating counseling?

My Neptune is in Capricorn in the 12th house, I hear this can also have something to do with career.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jess
Attachments
natal chart 10-19-1986 with transits as of 7-21-2012.gif
Here is my natal chart with transits as of 7-21-2012 for more clarity in looking at career indicators- thanks!
natal chart 10-19-1986 with transits as of 7-21-2012.gif (110.77 KiB) Viewed 5372 times

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Midheaven – What to look for in career
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... ff05f50621

"Venus conjunct Midheaven
You may want beauty to feature in your public life. You may choose a career in the arts or the beauty/fashion industry, and you may beautify your surroundings at work. Careers that have something to do with the subject of grace, art, beauty etc, could feature strongly in your chosen profession. A good placement for a Diplomat. The cosmetics industry would probably be a satisfying outlet. A number of  people surveyed in the film industry, who have this particular placement follow occupations in which they take on the role of beautifying others in the makeup department, prior to the actors going in front of the cameras. There may be a desire for a job, career or a profession that is more attractive than the average run of the mill type occupations. a job, career or any occupation that involves getting oneself dirty, soiling ones hands, anything grubby or unclean would not sit comfortably for anyone with this configuration. Anything associated with the arts, drama, culture anything that has a degree of refinement will certainly appeal."
http://rugdeeaustralia.tripod.com/id18.html

Now this would be GREAT if venus were not in detriment AND retrograde (going backwards)

"Venus Retrograde
* reconsiders before expressing love or affection
* relates awkwardly to others
* doubts the love others offer
* can become obsessed in relationships
* feels let down by the commitment level of others
Venus involves pleasure, love, romance, relaxation, aesthetics, peaceful feelings, harmony, money, and values. Venus tends to work by attraction. Approximately every eighteen months or so, Venus slips into retrograde for about six weeks. While Venus is retrograde, you are more likely to find your ability to attract what you want restricted or inhibited. You could find yourself much more concerned with achieving or maintaining external beauty, your flow of ready cash, questioning your ideas of pleasure, aesthetics, or even revaluating your feelings about romantic relationships.

Do you find yourself inhibited about seeking what you really want from your romantic partner? Does your ability to attract the money and
attention you feel that you need seem to cause you problems? Is your natal Venus retrograde?
A natal Venus retrograde can cause you difficulty achieving fulfillment or finding your right romantic partner. You may be more in love with your ideas about love than you are with any real person you know. In karmic terms, you need to complete a life lesson about giving and receiving love and affection. You are here to determine what is truly of value to you and learn about creating a balance of give and take in your romantic life. Your romantic dialogue has a tendency to be far too internal at times, causing you to inhibit the flow of good things into your life. You will have to be willing to experience loving and being loved in order to attract what you desire into your life and create the feelings of security you need "
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... c623fb80a9
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Now pluto has a tight square to mars and this needs to be doing something physical like sports, martial arts, mountain climbing, bungjee jumping even.

"Mars square Pluto
The square formed between Mars and Pluto produces a forceful nature. Often your actions can be described only as reckless. Yet you are cautious and secretive about your projects, especially as you mature and develop. When frustrated, you may become abusive and display much temper. This aspect suggests that your sexual drive is strong, and may not be well controlled at times. This is a very physical aspect needing control and channeling. When you can control actions, this aspect can be positive as it shows a penchant for eliminating, by force, the unacceptable and unnecessary in your life. You can develop a very focused concentration on progressive issues. "
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maspl

"Mars square or opposition Pluto
Mars square Pluto
You have a tendency to impose your will upon others, which can cause severe problems for yourself when they react in self-defense. You have a hair-trigger temper and may even resort to verbal or physical abuse when upset. Learning to react to unpleasant circumstances with your intellect rather than your emotions comes with maturity.

It is all too easy for you to find something negative about a situation. Avoid issuing ultimatums when you meet an obstacle. Instead, find a way to convince others to work with you of their own free will. Ordinary life often seems drab and uninteresting to you and you must have something that stirs your imagination, some vision or ideal or dream to motivate you. You have a strong urge to act out your fantasies or to live your dream, and you will DO things that others only talk about or dream about. Artistic creation, drama, or other areas in which you can express yourself imaginatively are excellent for you.

You do not easily tolerate a dominating attitude in others. You have a healthy respect for power and authority, but only if it is handled fairly.

This aspect gives you a somewhat Scorpionic attitude toward your lovers, and it can modify the traits associated with the sign of your Mars considerably. In other words, there is a distinct possessive and demanding streak in your sexual nature. Your approach to love and sex can be quite intense at times. Your sexual desire nature is a very strong one, and you may even use sex as a bargaining chip in your relationships in order to achieve your goals. More likely, however, is a very focused and intense sexual nature. This also adds a very magnetic quality to your appeal. When a woman finds you attractive, it can transform into a near obsession! Your aura is strong and somewhat mysterious. You tend to come across as stronger than you intend. In fact, some people are intimidated by you, and you may not understand why this is so. When you want something (or someone!) you are very determined. For you, it can be "all or nothing". When you are finished with something, you leave it behind you and there is no going back. You want a deep, soulful attachment on a sexual level. In your love life you do not take rejection well. You fear betrayal and abandonment, and this can skew your perception of your lover. You have a highly developed sex drive, but you must learn to rein in your aggressiveness in this area. Power struggles and control issues may surface often in your relationships."
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/mars ... pects.html

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 pm

research your unaspected sun here
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 4071918f7c

research oriental planets here
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 3bb9ef25f0

moon in fourth in exalted in taurus, could suggest working from home, the values of home and homeland wil be important
"Moon in Taurus:
Your moon side becomes illuminated when you are clear about your place, and where you stand within the grand scheme of things. You like utter honesty, and if you feel mind games are being played, you want no part of it. You tend to be very classy, with killer taste in design, fashion, art, etc. In fact, you need to surround yourself with refinery and loveliness. Otherwise, you'll pick up on lower energies and dingy or sullied environments will send you to an abyss of depression. Taurean moon signs have notorious inner-wisdom. Your job is to trust that inner-knowing (because often these signs lack the conviction behind their gut instincts) because you are always dead-right. Do not make a move until you feel it is right on a visceral level. It's your gift, and a fantastic tool for self-preservation. Trust your inner guidance, always.

With the Moon in the Fourth House your feeling and instinctive nature will find expression mainly through your family and home environment. Your day to day response to circumstance is strongly conditioned by family relationships and domestic issues. To feel emotionally secure you need a meaningful and secure home life. You have an especially strong need for a secure home base and having a certain amount of privacy is probably very important to you. This placement of the Moon often indicates numerous changes of residence. If this is the case, then greater stability may be obtained later in life.

Moon in the 4th House
You long for a sense of true belonging, but you may be quite restless in your search. You might change residence frequently, or simply feel the need to make many changes in your home. Moving frequently may be a healthy thing if it keeps you emotionally stimulated, but if you find that you do so on whims and later regret the changes, you might want to treat it as a symptom of emotional unrest--as a sign that you are in a constant search for the perfect mood and setting, when in fact a feeling of belonging should be worked on from the inside out, not the outside in! Some of you might remain rather immature on an emotional level, never wanting to truly grow up and take care of yourself. Attachments to your past, traditions, and family are strong.You have strong attachments to your past, the place where you grew up, your heritage, and family traditions. In fact, you may be unable to step out of the habits and roles you learned as a child. Your tie to your mother is very strong and you also seek mothering and protection from your spouse and other family members as well. "
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... d2712e8799

Saturn would be 11th house in Equal house system (mine)
Saturn in the 11th house
Hard to obtain goals and objectives but they can be attained if the person will be patient and willing to work. Have to earn everything with this position of Saturn. If it is done the rewards are great, and life gets better as it advances.Many acquaintances, but few intimates. An unrecognised fear of the demands made due to friendship. Attracted to older people. Saturn may delay but does not deny objectives.You will have a strong sense of responsibility towards friendships, groups and team work. You will seek to know important people in order to advance your status and self ¬confidence by taking notice of their wise advise. You will be cautious concerning your own principles. Social standing very important.
These people either keep themselves to themselves or overcome their shyness by joining societies in which social life is centred around a purpose, sometimes political. Friends are often older and more experienced.
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 55b88aa2ad
read more here

iluminaughty

Post by iluminaughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm

With that first house fixed mars square Pluto. And Scorpio midheaven and fixed Taurus moon....mma fighter.....cop.....FBI......you're a baddass
..ninth house sun Pluto criminal justice degree. Jupiter in second house aspect mid you'd make...a SHITLOAD of money ....these people all quote out a books don't mind them.....my dad had mars square Pluto in Scorpio...u.s..marine.... Detective....brawler....Bruce Lee had it....tough people...

iluminaughty

Post by iluminaughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 pm

If this us your correct birth time ......a large percentage of peoples times are WAYYY off.....but if it is correct...
Then 0 degree ascendent means you're new to this cycle of incarnation......maybe even new to the planet..... You're soul I mean........ If so you have probably felt out of place your whole life

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:32 pm

iluminaughty wrote:If this us your correct birth time ......a large percentage of peoples times are WAYYY off.....but if it is correct...
Then 0 degree ascendent means you're new to this cycle of incarnation......maybe even new to the planet..... You're soul I mean........ If so you have probably felt out of place your whole life
WAYYY what the hell is this? you are wrong about 1' Fixed Ascendant is NOT at critical degrees either. Try learning some more

http://www.cafeastrology.com/criticaldegrees.html
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Western Astrology”