Right reading, wrong birthdate?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Talia

Right reading, wrong birthdate?

Post by Talia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:52 pm

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

1)  I read my horoscopes and I also read other family members and I often notice that other signs horoscopes relate more to me than my own?

Is this just for Western astrology? I didn't actually know there were so many kinds.

2)  So can a reading be correct even if the wrong birth date is given, can intuition kick in or some psychic aspect to make the reading correct even with the wrong details?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:38 pm

From the annals of Mystic Board:

http://mysticboard.org/as ... highlight=
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:44 pm

But that is the opposite and I do still wonder. Does anyone read their horoscope ?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:22 am

I sometimes read my horoscope on or offline for entertainment and amusement purposes only. They are usually in my experience nothing like what actually happens.

But I have had a full astrology reading from a professional astrologer who told me things about my life path that went far beyond anything which appears in a magazine or on a website.

You simply cannot as they do in Western Astrology assign each person to one of twelve different boxes according to their Sun sign, and hope to give them a useful or believable personality analysis purely on that basis.

From what little I understand about such matters, the right reading for that person depends upon a chart calculated using that person's correct date of birth and exact latitude and longitude.

If the principle of using a person's date of birth in order to be able to construct their chart is to continue to be regarded by the public as a valid one, then that person's DOB must be right. Otherwise it throws into question as to whether an astrological chart really means anything with reference to that person's specific life challenges.

Sometimes the astrologer's intuition may indeed kick in and alert them to the birth date error ahead of the reading, but I believe that to go ahead and correct it yourself then construct their chart without telling them what you are doing and why, gives astrology and astrologers a bad reputation which they do not deserve and can well do without.  

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Talia wrote:But that is the opposite and I do still wonder. Does anyone read their horoscope ?
Only after reading EoT's comments soon after your posting did I 'get it' what you meant by the red font phrase above! <LOL>

It also dawned upon me how powerful the influence of the folks who created the concept of media column astrology (that relies on sun-signs) has been in minds of people (including semi-informed ones!) what western tropical astrology is really all about.

I am a jyotishi and by no means a tropical astrologer but in my early years did familiarize and educate myself with the western body of work such as writing of Alan Leo, Sepharial, Rudhyar, Aroyo, Munkasey, Hand etc and what I could imbibe from articles written in The Mountain Astrologer and newsletters and publictions etc from ISAR, NCGR, and several western organizations that I was/am a member of. While sun-sign was given some importance in those, it by no means was limited to sun-signs.

Tropical Astrology is a wonderful, fairly intricate and complete system of divination and equating it with 'sun-sign astrology' is a gross fallacy and must cause much anguish and writhing in the hearts of my tropical brethren.

We on mystic board must realize that our purpose for being called to participate in this forum must include educating and informing others about all these elements and components of mystic board and whether it is read by one or one thousand (which some folks worry about!) to set the facts straight and to dispel urban myths, such as: Western tropical astrology is sun-sign astrology!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Food for thought there.

I have to ask what about the concept of the 'new' planets that have recently been discovered over the past 50 years or and their affect?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Talia wrote:Food for thought there.

I have to ask what about the concept of the 'new' planets that have recently been discovered over the past 50 years or and their affect?
Hi Talia,

Pluto {the planet with an identity crisis as per astronomers. To be or not to be (a planet) is the NASA question! <LOL>} is uppermost in many minds these days, due to explorations of the *New Horizons* (How catchy...!).

It is the most recently discovered trans-saturnine planet (1930), the other two being Neptune (1846) and Uranus or Herschel (1781; although Hipparchos mentioned it as far back as 128 B.C.E.). I am assuming that you meant these relatively *old* planets or probably the planet x or Nibiru which might have been conceptualized but not demonstrated so far?

Generally speaking these have not been considered in the indian sidereal system of astrology. Followers of western system might be able to help you out since they regularly use the three that have been known to astronomers for ~100 years (pluto) and longer! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Actually I meant Chiron? &nbsp;http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... rings.html

The impact of a 'new' planetary body on the other main planets in astrology must be considered? or not?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Talia wrote:Actually I meant Chiron?  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... rings.html

The impact of a 'new' planetary body on the other main planets in astrology must be considered? or not?
Western astrologers have been using Chiron as well as many asteroids (more than 2000 from what I heard) for a long time now. You are in the right place! 8-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Talia wrote:But that is the opposite and I do still wonder. Does anyone read their horoscope ?
Only after reading EoT's comments soon after your posting did I 'get it' what you meant by the red font phrase above! <LOL>

It also dawned upon me how powerful the influence of the folks who created the concept of media column astrology (that relies on sun-signs) has been in minds of people (including semi-informed ones!) what western tropical astrology is really all about.

I am a jyotishi and by no means a tropical astrologer but in my early years did familiarize and educate myself with the western body of work such as writing of Alan Leo, Sepharial, Rudhyar, Aroyo, Munkasey, Hand etc and what I could imbibe from articles written in The Mountain Astrologer and newsletters and publictions etc from ISAR, NCGR, and several western organizations that I was/am a member of. While sun-sign was given some importance in those, it by no means was limited to sun-signs.

Tropical Astrology is a wonderful, fairly intricate and complete system of divination and equating it with 'sun-sign astrology' is a gross fallacy and must cause much anguish and writhing in the hearts of my tropical brethren.

We on mystic board must realize that our purpose for being called to participate in this forum must include educating and informing others about all these elements and components of mystic board and whether it is read by one or one thousand (which some folks worry about!) to set the facts straight and to dispel urban myths, such as: Western tropical astrology is sun-sign astrology!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Agreed that Sun sign astrology is Not real Tropical astrology; which I believe from the bottom f my heart; but again people like Linda Goodman a few others have made it so attractive that there are so many followers.

Anyways I would put the success over the writing skills and gift of the gab...

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:48 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Agreed that Sun sign astrology is Not real Tropical astrology; which I believe from the bottom f my heart; but again people like Linda Goodman a few others have made it so attractive that there are so many followers.

Rishi
Without knowing much of the details about them (Ms. Goodman and others) I would be wary of hastily judging them and separating the two facets, Rishi: Expression and experience! &nbsp; :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Without knowing much of the details about them (Ms. Goodman and others) I would be wary of hastily judging them and separating the two facets, Rishi: Expression and experience!   :smt004

Oh! dont judge them to hard. 'Popular' does not always mean 'precise'
Popular is closer to 'attractive'.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:05 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Without knowing much of the details about them (Ms. Goodman and others) I would be wary of hastily judging them and separating the two facets, Rishi: Expression and experience!   :smt004

Oh! dont judge them to hard. 'Popular' does not always mean 'precise'
Popular is closer to 'attractive'.

Rishi
Well, since Ms. Goodman and many others obviously were/are blessed with an army of critics and antipaths (and some haters too!), informed and otherwise, while they were popular, they must be rubbing many the wrong way as well &nbsp;:smt003

This has been observed in all spheres of life, of course! Predictable pattern?

Love and Light and Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:04 am

RishiRahul wrote: ...

Rishi
In all fairness, and perhaps I am being overly cautious in saying the following but I hope the regulars on this area of Mystic board (Western Astrology) are not getting the wrong impression that the two jyotish folks are being critical about the western system. Even though both of us are only expressing our views about what many folks think of when they think of western system, namely sunsign columns.

In all fairness on the jyotish side of reality the same *myopia* exists and even promoted by astrologers! Nearly ALL indian newspapers, indian magazines INCLUDING astrological magazines (even the serious and sincere and academic ones!) and astrological journals in hindi, English or vernacular regional languages etc have been faithfully including such monthly columns! And even yearly forecasts in their annual bumper editions!

The fact that they have used the sidereal moon-sign instead of the tropical sun-signs does not absolve or elevate them or their flawed practice! Even if the moon stays in a sign for a shorter period (2.5 vs 30 days) or even if they used ascendant instead (~2h s 2.5d v 30d), the flaw lies in the fact that dividing millions or billions into 12 groups (or even 27/28 if using asterisms) based on this or that singleton factor is simply imprecise and inaccurate!

There is a reason why astrologers learn very quickly (yore as well as today) that real astrology begins where tabloid-astrology ends! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:28 am

Is it true that the sun sign 'horoscope' was only invented in the 1920's?

Return to “Western Astrology”