Help with two technical issues, please.

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cedars
Tarot reader

Help with two technical issues, please.

Post by cedars » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

I have gone back to not being able to receive email notifications to posts, which I am following. This happened before too and I was told to get a non-hotmail email account. Surely that cant be the case as I am not the only one who has hotmail!! The problem sorted itself in the past, but now it is back againk. Any help as to why I am not being notified by email? I am aware of the tick at the end of each post and I never touch them, unless I really dont want to be bothered with a particular topic.

Second issue: I have today installed Firefox which I found to be so far faster and better than Internet Explorer. But, every time I want to log in to MB, it is still asking me to put user ID and password. Although I am in the site, but on the top, I am still getting the Sign In prompt and I do not see the ticks of new postings anymore.

I tried it back on I.Explorer and it worked ok.

Does MB boycott Firefox or vice versa?

Any technical explanation to this phenomenon?

Thank you for your Help.

Cedars

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 pm

heheheh....that problem of yours with Firefox have I struggled with myself.

It is Firefox "security" that makes it happen, it don't allow the cookie to stay on your PC, and each time you refresh your page, MB investigate if you are logged as member, but since the cookie is deleted it see you as visitor and ask you to log in.

Here is what to do:
Tools
Option
Privacy
Cookies....Exceptions....now put in the link for mystic board and say keep....this you do with those sites you trust and have problems with.

Hope this explain it.

For the email notification....must bring it to Abhi or Swetha since I can't do anything around it.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks Rhuto,
I have allowed MB under the cookies section.

cedars
Tarot reader

Abhi and Swetha... Email notifications...??

Post by cedars » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 am

Hi Abhi and Swetha,
Have you had a chance to see this posting or should I have posted it as a New Topic?

I am still not getting email notifications for the subjects that I am following in the forum.

Thank you for your help.

Rhutobello

For those who have to log often

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 am

I have made a picture for firefox how to do it....hope it helps.
Attachments
cookies.jpg
cookies.jpg (237.98 KiB) Viewed 4586 times

Return to “Tech Forum”