Mystic Board freezes on IE8

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cedars
Tarot reader

Mystic Board freezes on IE8

Post by cedars » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 pm

For the past two days or so, whenever I go to Mystic Board via my email notifications' link, the site freezes on me as and when I try to scroll up and down. But when I go to MB independently, via the normal browser system, it doesn't.
I have no problems with Firefox.

I have also noticed some toolbar things on each topic forum. Could this have anything to do with the freeze?

Appreciate your help, as it has become impossible to go to the boards via my email links.

Thank you.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:19 pm

I have had great problems with both IE 7 and 8 and have stopped to use them all together.
When anything nasty is received, we can almost be sure it comes from the IE browser.
Microsoft might be capable to do good work....but it also seems that most people who make fuzz on the net loves Microsoft's browser to deliver them.

I will recommend to use Firefox as you have it installed, as you say..you have none, or few problems with it...the same goes for me....sometimes when a link ask specific for IE browser my whole system freeze, not just on MB, so maybe it is IE..maybe it is my secure program that do it...if I could, I would have removed it altogether :)

If you will use Firefox for the email link...just put it up as main browser..in Firefox...go tools..option...advanced...and mark "Always check......"

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:24 am

Thanks Rhuto, I will try that.

Return to “Tech Forum”