Can't get in

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cedars
Tarot reader

Can't get in

Post by cedars » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Why is it that there are days like yesterday and part of today, that I cannot get in on MB, even though I get notifications of posts from others (which means that they can get in)?
I am using the latest Firefox, but it also happens with IE8.

Does the server go down that frequently?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 am

No... but I guess there may be some cookie problems. Why dont you try deleting the cookie in your browser for mysticboard.org. Restart your browser and then the site should open.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:51 am

No... but I guess there may be some cookie problems. Why dont you try deleting the cookie in your browser for mysticboard.org. Restart your browser and then the site should open.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:55 am

Thank you, Swetha. Will do.... in fact I do that regularly... but will do on the day it happens again :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 am

This happened again last night (GMT 21.30) and despite emptying my cookies and so on, I still could not get in. It corrected itself after a while........
oh, well.....

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Its been happening to me, so badly in fact I have given up trying to post. It's not cookie or browser related because I sometimes get an error code and cannot connect to database?

It's infuriating,  hope it's not affecting anyone else?
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Totally agree with Cassie. it happens to me at least every other day.... I am versed enough in computers and know about cookies and cakes and biscuits too :)

I just cant get in. The worse is when you click to submit a reading or a long topic and it just goes off line and you lose everything.
VERY FRUSTRATING indeed.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:01 pm

I have been trying to do a reading for two days now, it is driving me mad, it's like the host server is overloaded as it is always worse at peak times ?
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Now I do it on Word and then copy of paste it when the site is working.....
Very frustrating.....

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Funny, I got in straight away today, maybe everyone is at work lol?

And yes, word or wordpad is brilliant with it's auto save feature.

One question.. Cedars when you are about to do a reading and can't get the post up or post yourself etc and get a problem do you take it as an omen and not do the reading? I sometimes wonder, especially if it is just us two?
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Cedars when you are about to do a reading and can't get the post up or post yourself etc and get a problem do you take it as an omen and not do the reading? I sometimes wonder, especially if it is just us two?
I don't know about that. But the frustrating bit for me has been, that even though I have been unable to get in to post a reading, I have been notified by email of other people's postings, even though I was unable to get in. (that meant that others in other parts of the world ARE or WERE able to get in). And I always wondered if it had something to do with the UK and the MB servers not liking us or having a down time during our on-line hours.

Once I have done the reading off line, I post it sooner or later. It 'nags' me and I feel it should reach the seeker...:) Not sure if you can relate to that feeling.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:28 am

Hi guys,

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 1cdfe8c6c4

I am so sorry you are having to face this problem. The problem is with the optimization of the site. We have shifted away Mystic scripts from this server two months ago and are now shifting away Mystic Softwares  from the server too. Please do bear with us. Be sure to have a copy in Word before posting on the forum. We have done some changes in the past 2 days and feel it should be better... but be sure to report so that we can get your feedback. Abhishek is trying not to go nuts looking at the server load :)
Any more issues do let me know.

Thanks for your support.

Swetha

Return to “Tech Forum”