Using Google to find Mystic Board

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Using Google to find Mystic Board

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 am

Are you aware that the new Google search engine algorithm can often make it particularly difficult for people who have not already bookmarked this site to find it?

Google now only likes brands and sites that spend money with or are in a commercial business arrangement with them, so free spiritual websites such as this one do not qualify for either their attention or support

According to people in the know other internet search engines such as Bing and Yahoo are not yet affected by this blatant discrimination against non profit or non commercial websites, but I feel based upon past experience that it is not a matter of if they will eventually follow Google's example, but rather when.

Since the Google search engine has such a disproportionately large following among internet users, this could be one possible reason why the amount of traffic on this site has significantly decreased since the beginning of this year.

Even allowing for the time zone difference between India and South Australia, it is now not that uncommon for me to find no new postings listed on any of these forums, when I log onto the site to begin my work for that day.

One question then is how can the technical team on Mystic Board compensate for or adapt to this unfair policy which Google has adopted?

And secondly other than keeping our bookmarks handy and regularly updated, how can we as a community help prospective new members to find us more easily when so many of them continue to use Google as their default internet search engine?

Thank you for reading this.

Yours faithfully,

eye_of_tiger  :smt009

Return to “Tech Forum”