Unable to upload an avatar pic

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jayashree Ravi

Unable to upload an avatar pic

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 pm

I am trying to upload a pic for avatar -- it is about 2 KB, and 45 * 45 pixels square... the system is saying 'incorrect mathematical proportions....' or something like that. I am unable to upload an avatar. Why?
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Rohiniranjan

Re: Unable to upload an avatar pic

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Jayashree Ravi wrote:I am trying to upload a pic for avatar -- it is about 2 KB, and 45 * 45 pixels square... the system is saying 'incorrect mathematical proportions....' or something like that. I am unable to upload an avatar. Why?
I gave up long ago on that despite managing to reduce mine to less than 100 pixel sq and filesize down to 6kb. Maybe I went too far and turned into a microscopic object...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:53 am

Jayashree Ravi wrote:I am trying to upload a pic for avatar -- it is about 2 KB, and 45 * 45 pixels square... the system is saying 'incorrect mathematical proportions....' or something like that. I am unable to upload an avatar. Why?
Your avatar seems to be within the acceptable range which is displayed on the same screen in your user control panel.
Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 100 pixels, the height no greater than 125 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.
However notice that its height should be more than its width, for it to work properly and to fit in with what is around it. Your avatar should then appear on the left side of all your postings.

Either choose another avatar that will be accepted under these rules with its height greater than its width (recommended), or alternately use graphics editing software to try to force the original avatar to fit in before you try uploading it again (good luck with doing that).

The result of this is likely to be that your avatar will be horribly stretched out of shape or distorted. It will be out of its proper perspective (ratio of height to width).

EoT  :smt102

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:00 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote: ...
However notice that its height should be more than its width, for it to work properly and to fit in with what is around it. Your avatar should then appear on the left side of all your postings.
AHA! That is where my earlier problems in making this magic work were arising from... ;-)

Thanks!

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Lucky you, RR ji! I am still unable to upload my avatar pic. Tried compressing it, resizing it in various ways and got it to less than 6 KB, taller than wide, etc.... nothing works for me! :(

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:47 am

Hello,

Please send it to me, I will do it for you. Maybe there is some bug in the system.

sorry for the trouble

Swetha

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:03 am

Jayashree Ravi wrote:Lucky you, RR ji! I am still unable to upload my avatar pic. Tried compressing it, resizing it in various ways and got it to less than 6 KB, taller than wide, etc.... nothing works for me! :(
Lucky? My foot!! It took me years...!!!
I managed to squeeze myself down to 4.7kb and 76px x 100px. Must be some sort of 'Golden Ratio' ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:41 am

swetha wrote:Hello,

Please send it to me, I will do it for you. Maybe there is some bug in the system.

sorry for the trouble

Swetha
Dear Swetha,

What am I going to do with you?

Here I was trying my best to save you from all the extra work involved, if too many members at the same time accepted your kind offer to fix their avatars, and you went ahead and did it anyway.

You just cannot help some people! :smt102

Please don't overdo it.

From a concerned friend,

EoT   :smt002  :smt002

BTW why is the avatar gallery empty?

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:36 am

sorry for the trouble

Swetha
Swetha ji,

How nice of you to say this! Thank you for helping me out... Sending my avatar pic.

Regards,

Jayashree

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:

sorry for the trouble

Swetha
Dear Swetha,

What am I going to do with you?

Here I was trying my best to save you from all the extra work involved, if too many members at the same time accepted your kind offer to fix their avatars, and you went ahead and did it anyway.

You just cannot help some people! :smt102

Please don't overdo it.

From a concerned friend,

EoT   :smt002  :smt002

BTW why is the avatar gallery empty?
If I, an old fossil whose first brush with a programmable electronic calculator was at age 27, can do it, anyone should be able to do it! The 'taller than wide' was the *open sesame* for me (Thanks EoT!). Before that, I was trying to be "square" ;-) <rotflmao>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Tech Forum”