SELF HYPNOSIS

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Alltrouble2

SELF HYPNOSIS

Post by Alltrouble2 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:39 pm

I am seeing a hypnotherapist for depression, anxiety, ptsd, & phobias. He taught me self hypnosis & it was really easy & not at all what I was expecting. To me it's more like a very deep meditation. I'm still aware of my surroundings, but very relaxed. I can truthfully say that it is helping me.
Has anyone else ever tried this & did it help you?
Funny how people always remember what you didn't do, but forget what you did do.

spookchild

Post by spookchild » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:01 am

Congratulations on your success with self hypnosis. It sounds as if you have started a journey of self improvement that will take you far.

I have tried for years now to learn self hypnosis. I have used tapes, books, recorded my own voice...and each time I have been able to get into a deeply relaxed state, but my mind seemed to wander too freely to everyday thoughts and concerns, and "am I hypnotized yet"? seemed to pop into my head constantly.  I never felt as if I could completely let go. I went to a professional hypnotherapist for one session but I was so concerned with "pleasing"her...ie, making it appear as if she was successful at hypnotizing me, that I was unable to fully relax.

As a result of these frustrations, I have found it hard to keep with it long enough at a stretch to see any results. But the one benefit that has come from this is that as soon as I hear the beginning of a hypnosis tape my body goes very limp and relaxed right away, so at least I have trained myself to relax completely if nothing else.

cosmic carol

can you tell me how to start.

Post by cosmic carol » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:48 am

Hi every one,
I have been very interested in all this sort of thing, but never quite had the courage to try things out, i have always had the thought that  if you hypnotised your self that you may never come out of it.

Also i would like some advice from any one who may know,
i have been on the internet and found a site where you can get free ebooks on cd for things like, book of shadows, self hypnosis, ect and about 6 or 7 weeks ago i sent of for them, i paid through paypal which was an instant transaction and they get their money straight away, but i have yet to recieve the cd's i have contacted them twice by email but heard nothing, has any one ever had this problem. do you know any thing that may help me. I will wait for a reply thanks all,
The website is   www.freebookofshadows.com

Can any one tell me any thing about this site have they had the same problems or have you even heard of them.
Thanks a lot every one,
take care love Carol. xx
carol

spookchild

Post by spookchild » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:05 pm

Hi carol, I'm sorry I can't help you with advice about your PayPal purchase, but if you continue to be ignored by the Book of Shadows people maybe PayPal can help you somehow.

I really wanted to comment on your fear of self hypnosis. You needn't be afraid to try it...if you have ever been absorbed in a task so intently that you "lost track of time", then you were in a state of hypnosis. That is how it feels, and that deep state of relaxation and concentration is easy to jump out of if something in your environment requires your immediate attention. You will not "get stuck" in the state.

Hypnosis simply is a way to get your conscious mind out of the way so that your subconscious mind can be "talked to" and you can receive suggestions that will help you with whatever it is you want to work on. The subconscious mind is very powerful and will act on suggestions given to it.

I am no expert, and I am not a licensed hypnotherapist, I am just somebody with an avid interest in the technique.

cosmic carol

Thanks Spookchild

Post by cosmic carol » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Thank you for your surgestion on paypal, and have them sort this out if i can't as i had'nt thought of that.

As for your help on the self hypnosis i hadnt thought about hypnosis like that either, i may have been watching too many shows on the subject and not thought in to this properly, i am how ever going to now give this a go, and i will let you know how i get on in the near future.

Thanks for your advice on this as i feel a lot easier now that you have made me see things differently and now thinking about it then it seems a logical explanation, LOL.

Well will let you know how i get on with this soon.
Take care
Love Carol, xx   :smt006
carol

LibB

Post by LibB » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:22 am

Hi cosmic carol, I was reading one of your posts regarding book of shadows. I went to the site and clicked on Paypals buyer protection policy button.
Buttons to press along the way were...Here I hope this works for you.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... nt-outside
User Agreement for PayPal™ Service... go to no.13 and you will find this...

13. Disputes between Buyers and Sellers - Buyer Protection Programs.

13.1 Buyer Protection Programs. If you buy an item using PayPal and either do not receive the item or receive an item that you believe is Significantly Not as Described by the seller, we encourage you to open a Dispute with the seller in our Resolution Center. By doing so, you will initiate our Online Dispute Resolution Process—a step-by-step system designed to facilitate communication between you and the seller in order to get resolution of the issue. If your dialogue with the seller fails to produce a satisfactory result, you can then escalate the Dispute into a Claim that we will evaluate for reimbursement under one of the following programs:
       1. PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy - Our best efforts program to reimburse Users for losses only to the extent we are able to recover the funds from sellers.
       2. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy - Our program to reimburse Users for losses for up to (i) $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Converage Amount) for eligible items purchased on eBay and (ii) up to $200.00 USD (Basic Tier Coverage Amount) for all other eligible items purchased on eBay. Please see section 13.9 to determine whether Top Tier Coverage Amount or Basic Tier Coverage Amount applies.
       3. Buyer Protection for eBay Express - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased on eBay Express.
       4. Extended Buyer Protection with PayPal Credit - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased using the PayPal Plus Credit Card or PayPal Buyer Credit.

These programs only cover payments for tangible, physical goods. All other payments, such as payments for intangibles, services, airline flight tickets, or licenses and other access to digital content are not covered by any Buyer Protection Program that we offer (but may be covered by Chargeback rights).

I hope this helps. I haven't had a good look at the book of shadows site as yet, will look further at a later date and keep in touch with you.

Blessings to you
Libby

LibB

Post by LibB » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:41 am

LibB wrote:Hi cosmic carol, I was reading one of your posts regarding book of shadows. I went to the site and clicked on Paypals buyer protection policy button.
Buttons to press along the way were...Here I hope this works for you.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... nt-outside
User Agreement for PayPal™ Service... go to no.13 and you will find this...

13. Disputes between Buyers and Sellers - Buyer Protection Programs.

13.1 Buyer Protection Programs. If you buy an item using PayPal and either do not receive the item or receive an item that you believe is Significantly Not as Described by the seller, we encourage you to open a Dispute with the seller in our Resolution Center. By doing so, you will initiate our Online Dispute Resolution Process—a step-by-step system designed to facilitate communication between you and the seller in order to get resolution of the issue. If your dialogue with the seller fails to produce a satisfactory result, you can then escalate the Dispute into a Claim that we will evaluate for reimbursement under one of the following programs:
       1. PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy - Our best efforts program to reimburse Users for losses only to the extent we are able to recover the funds from sellers.
       2. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy - Our program to reimburse Users for losses for up to (i) $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Converage Amount) for eligible items purchased on eBay and (ii) up to $200.00 USD (Basic Tier Coverage Amount) for all other eligible items purchased on eBay. Please see section 13.9 to determine whether Top Tier Coverage Amount or Basic Tier Coverage Amount applies.
       3. Buyer Protection for eBay Express - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased on eBay Express.
       4. Extended Buyer Protection with PayPal Credit - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased using the PayPal Plus Credit Card or PayPal Buyer Credit.

These programs only cover payments for tangible, physical goods. All other payments, such as payments for intangibles, services, airline flight tickets, or licenses and other access to digital content are not covered by any Buyer Protection Program that we offer (but may be covered by Chargeback rights).

I hope this helps. I haven't had a good look at the book of shadows site as yet, will look further at a later date and keep in touch with you.

Blessings to you
Libby
Thanks Libby.
I will certainly have a look at this in more depth, i am going to give them 1 more week and then i will start to take serious action, i hate to do that but they havent even replied to any of my emails.

Will let you know  how i get on.
Thanks Again.
Take care
Love Carol. xx

cosmic carol

Thank you Libby

Post by cosmic carol » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:23 am

Hi  Libby.
Thanks for the suggestions and all the info you have given me, i hadnt thought of going to paypal that just didnt enter my head, LOL, but i am going to give the people about the book of shadows one last chance and then at the end of this week i will get intouch with paypal and see what they can do for me.
Thanks Again the info is really appreciated as i didnt know what i could do next, they say 2 heads are better than 1 when your trying to sort out stuff, LOL, and you have just proved that is very true.

Take care Libby
love Carol. xx
carol

LibB

Re: Thank you Libby

Post by LibB » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:52 am

cosmic carol wrote:Hi  Libby.
Thanks for the suggestions and all the info you have given me, i hadnt thought of going to paypal that just didnt enter my head, LOL, but i am going to give the people about the book of shadows one last chance and then at the end of this week i will get intouch with paypal and see what they can do for me.
Thanks Again the info is really appreciated as i didnt know what i could do next, they say 2 heads are better than 1 when your trying to sort out stuff, LOL, and you have just proved that is very true.

Take care Libby
love Carol. xx
Thanks Cosmic Carol, I can't take all the credit. LOL!!!!!
3 heads can be better than two. LOL
Spookchild got the ball rolling.
You say this was a free book. Does this mean you have to pay postage and handling only?
Good luck. Let us know how things go for you :)
Libby

cosmic carol

Yes thanks Libby and Spookchild. LOL.

Post by cosmic carol » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:11 pm

Yes your right Libby, and sorry spookchild for not giving you some credit as well, you have both been very helpfull and the info has been really great.

The answer to your question Libby is yes i had to pay $8 for each for packing and postage, i know its not much for each 0one but i have sent for all but one of the cd's and that is quite a sum for all of them, considering that they will be put in to one post and not individually, but i didnt mind that if i got the stuff, normally i wouldnt have bothered about this, but i was looking forward to seeing them and thats what i was mad about really.

But thanks again to both of you for your advice and info, will let you know how i get on at a later date, as i am going to give them untill the end of the week and then i will get in touch with paypal, talk soon and take care
love Carol. xx    :smt006
carol

spookchild

I took the lazy way out...

Post by spookchild » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Libby did the legwork, I just suggested it, so don't give me too much credit, LOL.

Cosmic Carol I hope you get your stuff without too much hassle. That's the important thing. Hopefully this will get resolved in your favor soon.  Let us know what happens, okay? I checked out the Book of Shadows website and it looks very professional and on the up-and-up, which is encouraging.

ps: my name is Carol too!

LibB

Post by LibB » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi cosmic carol check that you got the right email for the Book of Shadows it may be one of those automated ones that people don't read. the computer just sends an email automatically. Have you seen the contact us button? I'll have a look now for you.
This is their contact page. (I'm still not sure if this is allowed but you need the help)
http://www.freebookofshadows.com/contact.asp
have they sent you the email version?
I'm sure you know if they have taken your money as I've seen the site and know what finance you are looking at.

This is the link for safe shopping guarantee for the Book of Shadows
http://www.freebookofshadows.com/safe.asp

I do hope you have some luck here first as these cd's look helpful.
I'm off to paint another oil painting from my course.

Hoping this information is helpful to you.

Libby
:smt039

Ps. Let paypal know if you would still like this product and see if they can look into it for you.
Spookchild is right    -Quote: I checked out the Book of Shadows website and it looks very professional and on the up-and-up, which is encouraging.  
-end quote.
I feel the same way. I really hope things work out for your best also.
Get your Angels onto it!!!!
:smt002

rick_saxton

Interesting self-hypnosis book

Post by rick_saxton » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:16 pm

I found a book "Instant self-hypnosis(How to hypnotize yourself with your eyes open).  Its main difference between most self-hypnosis strategies is that you read the induction, suggestion, and wakeup scripts aloud as if you were hypnotizing someone else.  Then of course you do what the scripts tell you to.  About three quarters of the book is suggestion scripts.  They are good, but you can find good free scripts on the internet or make your own.  I suggest(no pun intented) that you get a copy from the public library and try it for yourself.  I found that I got a deeper sense of being hypnotized by this method than other.

Rick

Annaleria

Hypnosis and Visualization

Post by Annaleria » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:24 am

I don't know if anyone can help me or if this is the right place for this post, but I am wondering if self hypnosis can work without visualization.  The reason for this question is that I have no pictorial memory, meaning I do not 'see' things in images at all, and I wonder if this will cause me problems in trying to use self hypnosis.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sarah

rick_saxton

Hypnosis and visualization

Post by rick_saxton » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:35 pm

Perhaps you could use a different inner "sense" such as hearing.

Rick

Return to “Hypnosis”