Can someone give me some teqniques for self hypnosis?

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Blugoddess

Can someone give me some teqniques for self hypnosis?

Post by Blugoddess » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:53 pm

I have been reading a lot of books about it. but I need money to do this and that. I have downloaded some audio's but I need some serious help. I can meditate and get into a very relaxed state within 2min. But I think I need something stronger so I can change my thought process and other areas of my life. Can someone please help me
God and light be with you!

ranter

Self Hypnosis

Post by ranter » Thu May 24, 2007 6:37 pm

Hello Blue Goddess,

I am a Hypnotherapist and I can tell you now that most books on Self Hypnosis are rubbish.
I used many of them for years and could get no useful results.
However I now give Seminars on Self Hypnosis with close to 100% success.
So here is your own personal Mini Seminar on Self Hypnosis.

1. Recognising when you are Hypnotised.
     There is no specific feeling of being Hypnotised. Its all subjective.
     However you can recognise your own specific...subjective...signs of
     Hypnosis.
     Do you remember a time when you were in school and some boring
     teacher just went on and on and you just went into a nice day dream
     state? Well thats a good example of Hypnosis.
     If you drive you may recall a time when you passed a number of             places and suddenly realized that you had no recollection of your journey?
     Thats also Hypnosis. Its a state of dreamy relaxation. Its also a state o
     concentrated focused awareness. Its a sharpness of mind where you shut our all things pereferal.

How to do it the easy way.
Lie back and relax. Close your eyes to internalize your experiences. Now visualize or imagine a beautiful picture or an image. Now hold that image and describe it to yourself (internally) in one sentence and let it go. Do this 3 more times.
Next focus your awareness on the sounds you hear. Focus on one specific sound. Describe that to yourself in one sentence and let that go.Now do the same thing three times more.
now focus your attention on your feelings, either physical or emotional.  Focus on one specific feeling.  Describe that yourself in one sentence and let it go.  Do that three more times.  Now relax and notice how you feel.  You should now be in a state of concentrated focus awareness which may also be described as a state of self hypnosis.  Sometimes people need to do more.  If you need to do more to the following.  Visualize or imagine the number three.  Now that it disappear.  Visualize the number three again.  Let it go again.  Visualize the number three again.  Now to go again.  Do the same with the number two.  Next do the same with the number one.  You should definitely be in a state of self hypnosis now.

That's just a practice run.  Now get ready to start the entire process again.  This time before you start give yourself a set of positive instructions and proceed as before.  You are now practicing self hypnosis like a professional and you can have wonderful experiences and enrich your life in so many ways.
I wish you well.  Enjoy the experience.
Ranter.
Become free of your problems and discover your true potential.

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri May 25, 2007 11:11 am

Hello Ranter, I'm no Hypnotherapist but do know how to perform self hypnosis, I have been doing hypnosis on myself for some number of years now, I use it for relaxation and whenever I feel I need to make an adjustment in my life. I got some of the information out of books and the rest I learnt from listing to it on Audio CD. I believe anyone can learn Hypnosis for every day use,  it's helped me a great deal.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Fri May 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Nothing really to add what's been said sums it up., Just felt like following Samson round again and weeing were he's weed.

ranter

Self Hypnosis.

Post by ranter » Fri May 25, 2007 3:09 pm

Hello Sampson.
Of course you can use of hypnosis.  Everybody can.  What I was offering is merely a technique that enables people to achieve self hypnosis easily and effortlessly especially if they haven't been able to achieve it before.
Self hypnosis in and of itself is of little value.  It's what you do with it that makes it valuable.
How you communicate with your unconscious mind determines the success of what you would achieve in teaching the language of that communication is the most important part of the whole experience and everything can be achieved.  That is why had the seminars and self hypnosis. In fact most of the people in my seminars have been practicing self hypnosis for years.  I see my role as giving them the processes, the techniques, and the language to be able to communicate in an unambiguous way with the unconscious mind.  When it understands the communication fully then it will deliver virtually anything.  It is all-powerful and has all the resources of the universal consciousness.
So I wish you well in your self hypnosis experiences.
Renter.
Become free of your problems and discover your true potential.

nextstep

Self Hypnosis

Post by nextstep » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 am

Have you tried making your own self-hypnosis recording? While not strictly self hypnosis, it is a form of 'self-hypnosis' which done with you making the recording. All you need is some scripts and a recorder like an mp3 player. If you're looking for free scripts, where you can read them online and then download a word doc to read it aloud.
http://mysticboard.org/mb ... -software/

Good Luck!

firejakc

bad mood

Post by firejakc » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 pm

how to use hypnosis to change others people mood to better?
FireJakc~0~

brahma_sky

Post by brahma_sky » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:05 am

Here are some nice articles about Betty Erickson's self hypnosis technique.
  • ]ericksonian.info/BETTY.html

hypnosisnow.com/selfhypnosis.htm
    wellspringreiki.com/wellspringhypnosis.htm

prestigiousminds.com/betty_erickson_self_hypnosis_technique.htm

nlpman

Post by nlpman » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:50 pm

I read that hypnosis and NLP go hand in hand. Neuro Linguistic Programming dives into the syntax or language that structures of our psyche. Sort of like Java, Visual basic or C++ to the computer. I am very open to corrections. I am in the process of reading Mindlines by Joseph O'Connor. Here's a link to a torrent with a bunch of PDF's with NLP and other great "mind tweaking" stuff.
Going deep inside, turning inside out... Searching for fullfilment inside and out.

nlpman

Post by nlpman » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:52 pm

nyak you can't edit posts here anyways here's the link.... http://www.torrentz.com/cf54784c6eb0ef0 ... 053dcabacb and you need torrent software like bitlord or bitcomet to download the books.
Going deep inside, turning inside out... Searching for fullfilment inside and out.

Kamose

Post by Kamose » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:43 am

Is hypnosis really a legitamite practice. I mean does it really work?
I'm interested in it, but know very little about it, I'm also a big skeptic. You have to admit ther are a lot of quacks and people out to take advantage of others for a dollar. If it is legit, can anyone suggest something I can do at home to test it out, and assess the results on myself?

brahma_sky

Post by brahma_sky » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:19 am

Kamose wrote:Is hypnosis really a legitamite practice. I mean does it really work?
I'm interested in it, but know very little about it, I'm also a big skeptic. You have to admit ther are a lot of quacks and people out to take advantage of others for a dollar. If it is legit, can anyone suggest something I can do at home to test it out, and assess the results on myself?
That's like a physicist asking whether light is a particle or a wave.  It depends on which expert you ask.  

In NLP there's a whole community full of people who use it every day to help their clients.  

With Steve Allen, Penn and Teller, and the Amazing Randi, there's a whole community of skeptics who vehemently deny it exists, and they offer all sorts of rewards for proof that they will accept.  (emphasis on "that they will accept.")

I guess it was Milton Erickson, M.D., one of the world's leading therapeutic hypnotists who summed it up best.  "Effectiveness is the measure of truth."  Take some time to study, and I mean really take some time, and practice hypnosis techniques.  If it works for you, great.  If not, at least you'll have some good relaxation methods.    :smt015
"Interiora Vide"

Kamose

Post by Kamose » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:18 pm

good answer, your response is valued and appreciated!

nlpman

Post by nlpman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:27 pm

Visualization is a good place to start. Stay in a quiet room.

1. write down your goal or what you want to achieve. WANT IT. ASK FOR IT.
2. visualize a person who is good at doing what you want to do or has what you want... Really picture all the positive things that person does behaviour, etc. in achieving that goal.
3. visualize yourself really being it, doing it, or having it.
4. Accept it. Do it.

saneesh

Post by saneesh » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:40 am

very nice topic ..i am very much interested about hypnotism

Return to “Hypnosis”