Was it hypnosis??

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ash1234

Was it hypnosis??

Post by ash1234 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:43 am

I had an experience recently which i would like to share with you.
I was about to enter a restaurant, when 3 sikh men (Lets call them A,B & C) approached me and asked me for a small donation for their Langar (Free food distributed at the sikh temple). I donated some money.

After this one of the men-A said that B was a swami and if i had a few minutes to spare he would help me out with my personal problems. I declined and was about to move on when B gave me a piece of paper and asked me write the name of a flower and a number between 113 & 115 without showing him. After I did this he asked me to fold the piece of paper and place it on a photograph of Goddess Vaishnodevi which he was holding in his hand.

He then proceeded to write down the correct answers on a seperate piece of paper.Having aroused my interest, he then asked me to write down 3 things : the date (including month & year) of my marriage, my wifes name & my personal ambition on a piece of paper without showing him.This time I went about 10 meteres away from him and wrote down the details. Again he asked me to place the folded paper on the photograph of Goddess Vaishnodevi. Again he spoke with me for a few seconds before he wrote down the correct answers. After this he asked me for a big sum of money (Rs 5100) to perform some pooja as there were certain elements which were blocking my progress. I said i didnt have that kind of money on me, though i did give him Rs 500. He was very insistant and kept trying to convince me to part with the money.At this point A & C also stepped in saying that the pooja was essential.But i declined and moved ahead.

I have been wondering ever since whether i had been conned by trickster using hyposis or did the man really have special powers.One point i would like to mention here is that he had instructed me to write down the answers in block or capital letters.

Has anyone had a similar experience.
God with us

kurukulla

Post by kurukulla » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:52 am

Namaste,

this doesn't sound like straight up hypnosis.  what could have happened though, if this swami was a con man (which it sounds like he was) through the conversation you had with him he could have subtlely influenced your response on the number thing.  as for the second part, i don't know how it's done but it is a common magic trick.  

wow!  Rs. 5100 is more than they tried to drag out of me at Kashi Visvanath Temple.  you gotta be careful with stuff like this.  it sounds like your "swami" wasn't all that good at conning cuz if he was he would have taken you for every last rupee.  a few years back there was a problem in europe where a group of very successful con men were using a pattern interrupt and confusion techniques to take get people to willingly hand over their valuables.  

you were very very smart in this situation.  i am glad to hear they weren't able to get the money from you.
Sri Krishna Govinda hare murare he natha narayana Vasudeva!

divnain

Re: Was it hypnosis??

Post by divnain » Sun May 25, 2008 4:49 pm

ash1234 wrote:I had an experience recently which i would like to share with you.
I was about to enter a restaurant, when 3 sikh men (Lets call them A,B & C) approached me and asked me for a small donation for their Langar (Free food distributed at the sikh temple). I donated some money.

After this one of the men-A said that B was a swami and if i had a few minutes to spare he would help me out with my personal problems. I declined and was about to move on when B gave me a piece of paper and asked me write the name of a flower and a number between 113 & 115 without showing him. After I did this he asked me to fold the piece of paper and place it on a photograph of Goddess Vaishnodevi which he was holding in his hand.

He then proceeded to write down the correct answers on a seperate piece of paper.Having aroused my interest, he then asked me to write down 3 things : the date (including month & year) of my marriage, my wifes name & my personal ambition on a piece of paper without showing him.This time I went about 10 meteres away from him and wrote down the details. Again he asked me to place the folded paper on the photograph of Goddess Vaishnodevi. Again he spoke with me for a few seconds before he wrote down the correct answers. After this he asked me for a big sum of money (Rs 5100) to perform some pooja as there were certain elements which were blocking my progress. I said i didnt have that kind of money on me, though i did give him Rs 500. He was very insistant and kept trying to convince me to part with the money.At this point A & C also stepped in saying that the pooja was essential.But i declined and moved ahead.

I have been wondering ever since whether i had been conned by trickster using hyposis or did the man really have special powers.One point i would like to mention here is that he had instructed me to write down the answers in block or capital letters.

Has anyone had a similar experience.
Hi,
Your situation seems to happen in Connaught Place, New Delhi, Near Janpath . I have seen them several times with many tourists. whatever they were doing was not necessarily hypnosis, cos in my opinion hypnosis involves that the person to be hypnotised must be agreed to get hypnosis. They were playing some tricks with you, U remember when one person was telling you all this , what others ones were doing ??? In our comman lives we cannot keep track on every thing in such circumstances. They were just showing you some tricks , which even you have seen so many times in magic shows of David Copperfield , Yogesh Sarkar etc.

The Good thing is that you were saved by Rs 4600 . You gave him Rs 500 for this trick. But please remember this that If they were Hypnotising you than why not they took all your money or at least Rs 5100 . The BASE LINE IS THEY WERE NOT HYPNOTISING YOU & IT WAS THE STRENGHT OF YOUR SUBCONCIOUS MIND THAT SAVED YOU FROM ALL THIS.
                                                                : Divnain Singh.

Return to “Hypnosis”