Application of Hypnosis

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Application of Hypnosis

Post by swetha » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:36 am

Hypnosis has been shown to help in many ways:

Some of them are:
  • *anger release
    *anxiety and stress management,
    *Addictions such as alcoholism, smoking, drug abuse and gambling.
    *habit cessation like bruxism (grinding your teeth), nail biting,
    *pain control.
    *increase immunity
    *Stress, headaches, migraines, insomnia, flushing, impotence, stomach irritability and weight loss.
    *Self motivation and building up confidence
    *improve sports and athletic performance
    *Negative feelings such as depression, listlessness, aggressiveness and *difficulty in concentrating.
    *Fear, stuttering, phobias, insecurities, panic attacks and relationship problems.
Nowadays hypnosis is considered as a medically and psychologically established form of therapy. The clinical effect of hypnosis is well-documented. However, the physiological mechanisms are still not well understood.

cribo

Tele Hypnosis Pro

Post by cribo » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:28 pm

Does it really work?
Cribo

harshthakkar3

application of hypnosis

Post by harshthakkar3 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:48 pm

anger release
*anxiety and stress management,
*Addictions such as alcoholism, smoking, drug abuse and gambling.
*habit cessation like bruxism (grinding your teeth), nail biting,
*pain control.
*increase immunity
*Stress, headaches, migraines, insomnia, flushing, impotence, stomach irritability and weight loss.
*Self motivation and building up confidence
*improve sports and athletic performance
*Negative feelings such as depression, listlessness, aggressiveness and *difficulty in concentrating.
*Fear, stuttering, phobias, insecurities, panic attacks and relationship problems.
harsh

yiannis

Post by yiannis » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:31 am

Yes, it stopped me smoking after 12 Years, and I did find it very easy using this method.

misty-midnightrain

Hypnosis

Post by misty-midnightrain » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:54 am

Can everyone be hypnotized? I have never been but feel like I would be a hard subject to be put under.
Misty-midnightrain

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:23 am

Yes everyone can be Hypnotized, but you have to want to go under Hypnosis.

jyotimirpuri

yes i agree with healling with hypnosis

Post by jyotimirpuri » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:32 am

as i have heard and also felt that when i do meditation i do sometimes go in a trance and that helps me to get answers from my subconscious mind which really when i apply give me fabulous and accurate results
interested in tarot reading, fengshui, reiki, numerology

saorsa

Hypnosis

Post by saorsa » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:03 am

It is indeed a very useful method for creating change and or modification of actions when applied correctly. There is currently so much materal floating around that is nothing but trash when it comes to hypnosis. I have been a Board Certified Hypnotherapist for many years, and have seen many great results. I also have seen so much "bogus" information that it hurts the credibility of this theraphy.

I must address one question I saw on a previous post. Yes, anyone can be hypnotised, you do need be willing, you do need to have a desire for a change, but not everyone can be hypnotised by just anyone. Sometimes, regardless of how profecient the hypnotist is, a person cannot be hypnotised due to a unknown conscious or unconscious personality clash or rejection.  Hypnosis can also be effected by certain pre-existing medical conditions, prescription medications and several conscious or unconscious factors a person has. It is important for all contra indicators to be explored prior to using hypnosis for any clinical, therapy, regressive, or medical reasons. Behavior modifications also play into this.

Forgive my rambling, but it a area very close to me.

Utopian47

On the uses of hypnosis

Post by Utopian47 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:54 pm

On the list of uses, I know weight loss is applicable but can it really be used to change a body chemistry like how fast your metabolism burns calories. I'm losing weight the tried and true method: eat less and exercise more but I have a very slow metabolism and I've tried using self-hypnosis to help but I'm not sure if it is really making a change where I most need it cause I've got the motivation to lose the weight even if only the hard way but the chemistry of my metabolism changes my ability to burn calories on the normal range for my weight. I burn about 500-1000 calories less than I would overall. Mostly cause any activity that isn't overly physical allows my body to go to a resting metabolism that is very below the average for most people. I've tried to implement all lifestyle changes to influence it and now I'm trying hypnosis (self) and subliminal messages. Will either be effective in increasing my metabolism (to a natural healthy rate) or is this something hypnosis/subliminal messages can't change. Thank you for any help/answers you can provide.

Queen Hatshepsut

Hypnosis

Post by Queen Hatshepsut » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:18 pm

I have used self-hypnosis many times when visiting the dentist. Before entering the dentist's office, I put myself into a trance, telling myself that there will be no pain. I don't have to use novacaine anymore and my dentist has shown great interest in using hypnosis to help her patients get over or through their fear of the needles and drill.
If no one took chances, Michaelangelo would have painted the Cistine floor!

kurukulla

Post by kurukulla » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:07 am

Saorsa,

you had mentioned that sometimes people can not be hypnotized by a particular therapist due to a clash in personality.  isn't this usually over come though by effectively establishing rapport? or is this not the case?

all the best :)

kurukulla
Sri Krishna Govinda hare murare he natha narayana Vasudeva!

Return to “Hypnosis”