From where can I learn hypnosis?

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 pm

I am certified in this field and there is much more to it than I have read here. It cannot be used for evil because although you are in state, you are in control and aware at all times. It is not used on mental health patients without a referal from the attending medical professional. It is not dangerous and you cannot be made to anything you do not feel comfortable with. Your critical mind will throw out the suggestion immediately if you do not agree. I suggest you find an accredited college which teaches it and learn it that way as I have. There are far too many mis-conceptions floating around about what hypnosis can and cannot do. Hypnosis is a natural state that we experience every day. If you have seen a movie, or driven a car or ever gone to sleep at night, you have already experienced it. Please learn from certified, trained professional instructors in the field, not from books you can buy anywhere.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
The Universe Always Keeps Her balance. Lady Karma always shines through the darkness....

Brewwife

Post by Brewwife » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm

So, you're saying I can't hypnotise my spouse into having more sex with me?  lol

Seriously, i would like to learn -- just to help me get rid of bad habits.  And help me to deal with people easier.

But i have also read about people being tortured from hypnosis??
Brewwife

Brewwife

Post by Brewwife » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:22 pm

JewelOfTheSouth wrote: Hypnosis is a natural state that we experience every day. If you have seen a movie, or driven a car or ever gone to sleep at night, you have already experienced it. Please learn from certified, trained professional instructors in the field, not from books you can buy anywhere.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
I also wanted to comment/ask about this.  Maybe in my own personal state, this was just a form of meditation or just being relaxed or something.  I am a musician.  I was practicing drum rudiments on a practice pad --  just basically practicing a certain rhythym at the same speed, over and over again.  When I was done, I was really relaxed.  I felt -- i don't know the word -- just different.  I told my husband "Wow!  That was like really therapeutic or something."

Was that some sort of self-hypnosis or something?  I was almost in a trance-like state while practicing.  Hope that makes sense???
Brewwife

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Abhishek wrote:that means you have to be willing to be hypnotised... only then comes the question of the person doing what you want him/her to do.
It actually has nothing to do with what you want a person to do. Everyone has free will even under hypnosis. There is quite a bit to it and the learning of it for a C.Ht is quite expensive (I did mine is a college for hypnosis) I proved everyone can be hypnotized, however, they may have ab-reactions to your suggestions if they do not agree with them. Normally a Somnambulant is picked from a crowd to be the chicken, dog or the crazy person by a stage hypnotists. I did a mass hypnosis on my radio show not long ago of 143 people. Each person was under and experienced a past life. It was highly interesting! Hypnosis does not give you control over anyone, it gives the person an opportunity to gain help and insight with their issues, but only because they would like that help.

Gentle Hugs,

Jewel
The Universe Always Keeps Her balance. Lady Karma always shines through the darkness....

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:50 am

How did you know they all were hypnotized if it was radio?  just curious...did they contact you?  that is A lot of feedback.  I have been hypnotized a few times by a professional hypnotist and found it very refreshing.  The part that amazed me most was that it felt like just a few minutes went by when I was actually under for an hour and a half.

mrs.rddbrown

Post by mrs.rddbrown » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:03 pm

if you find out tell me how
yeah mon

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:44 am

Can you give me good sites on hypnosis? Thank you.

decentgal

Post by decentgal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:13 pm

link is not working

skp

Learn from California Hypnosis Institute

Post by skp » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:00 pm

It would be better if you did a course on Hypnotherapy from a certified institition since we need to adequately trained for this. Hypnosis 1st level is very simple and can be used to heal small issues.

For major issues there are certain guidelines which need to be followed and this is got through an experienced instructor and then through regular practive initially through willing clients.

Return to “Hypnosis”