Motivation is key with hypnosis

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Motivation is key with hypnosis

Post by swetha » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:16 am

Hypnosis can greatly improve the quality of life for many people, said Rhoda Kopy, a certified hypno-counselor who runs Hypnosis for Women in Dover Township.

"Hypnosis is a drug-free approach that relies on the power of the mind," Kopy said. "It's a passion for me because I've seen firsthand the positive impact hypnosis has on people's lives."

Kopy was at a women's conference at Brookdale Community College in Middletown a few years ago when a woman sitting next to her said she had used hypnosis to stop smoking.

"I was dealing with an issue at the time — a binge-eating problem that was making me feel out of control. I thought if she could use hypnosis to stop smoking, I could use it to stop binge eating. I sought out a hypnotist. After just a few sessions with her and then ongoing self-hypnosis, which she taught me, I was able to overcome binge eating."

Kopy, who has a bachelor's degree in medical communications, studied nursing and has been a community health educator, behavior modification counselor and career coach, went on to take the 100-hour program at the Academy of Professional Hypnosis in Union. She received national certification from the National Guild of Hypnotists. Each year, she takes continuing education courses in hypnosis to retain her certification.

Motivation really is the key to success with hypnosis, she said.

"If people are willing to spend a few minutes a day being still, using the power of visualization and the power of intention, they can be more at peace with themselves and make wonderful strides," Kopy said.

"I don't just talk the talk. I walk the walk. I do this myself," Kopy added. "It has changed my life in unbelievable ways. I get much less stressed than I used to, and I have a much more optimistic outlook on life. It's made me believe in all sorts of possibilities for myself and other people."

BY BOBBI SEIDEL
app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060228/LIFE/602280567/1006

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:19 pm

intresting...!!

lizmeegan

Absolutely true.

Post by lizmeegan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:24 pm

One of the things a hypnotherapist will ask a client is, "Can you see yourself as a
(non-smoker, pain free, thinner person, person free of nightmares)?"

All the best,  LizK

sananda63$

autohipnosis

Post by sananda63$ » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:51 pm

:smt006
Hi.- I speak spanish.- thinking about my neck, leggs, hands, test, aches in
all my body, is difficult to me think in other things. I make all when
I fill well.- It is a ping-pong.- I need reverse my mind about it.- it seems
that only hipnosis can do it.- I am reading all about this matter and
all of you.- thanks and regards

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:19 pm

Welcome to MysticBoard community,sanada,  we hope you will have a nice stay and make a lots of friends :)

sananda63$

many tanks Rhutobello.- I am trying to

Post by sananda63$ » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:51 pm

Rhutobello wrote:Welcome to MysticBoard community,sanada,  we hope you will have a nice stay and make a lots of friends :)
I am trying to learn and study about.- mi pc is without sound.- Yhere
are many things that interesting me.- in spanish is better for me, but
is a desafio study it again in inglish, since many years ago.- Thanks
for your help.- Sananda63 :smt020

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:45 am

hello,
i really appreciate ur enthu... great to have u on the board:)
have fun
swetha

sananda63$

ruthobello, thanks for your reply

Post by sananda63$ » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:24 pm

I am learning and study now in english a lot of things that I study in the
past, in spanish.- my pc us is poor at this moment, i am trying to put
in order all.- I am on line a few hours, I have much work with neurological patients.- but I am reading with a dictionary at all of you and instructions.-
thanks for your reply.-  sananda :smt020

saorsa

Very True

Post by saorsa » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:13 am

Personal motivation and desire top the list when it comes to successful hypnosis.

I am a Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, and it is taught, "the client creates the changes not the therapist". If a person has serious desire for change, they should be successful barring hidden contra indicators.

zurux

Post by zurux » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:43 am

i dun agree,
motivation is not the key to success on hypnosis , but the key to success on EVERYTHING!!!
Peace brother~~~

fiarfli

Post by fiarfli » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:41 pm

Motivation is a bit of a curious word.  

One can have all the desire in the world to make necesary changes and undeniable reasons to do so (both deemed motivation) but even with the desire and the justification, still the drive to take the necessary action (also motivation) may be lacking.  
It's funny sometimes people seek out hynosis because they lack the motivation to achieve the things they desire.  I believe that on occasion we have to find some method of unlocking those gates we put up to keep ourselves from excelling.  Hypnosis is a good tool for that.

joelee

Motivation

Post by joelee » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:57 am

Joined this board about 10 days ago. Thought I would chime in on the topic of motivation. I think it is obvious that most problems require us to take action to resolve them. In that sense we have to be motivated. It is also a question of degree. How motivated you are may determine whether you are willing to expend enough effort to overcome a problem. There is also the factor of competing motivations. If we are clinging to bad habits, it is very likely we are receiving an emotional or physical benefit from the activity, in effect, a motivatin to continue what you're doing. There is also the element of relative benefit. A given person may not be willing to change because he or she is willing to tolerate the problems the behavior is causing. They may pereceive things very absolutely. It hasn't killed them yet! So it isn't just a matter of wanting to change. It is also a willingness to take action, to take risk, to give up a perceived benefit, and a willingness to behave differently in the future. For may problems, this change may be the equivalent of a new lifestyle.

There is also a difference between being hypnotized by a professional and self-hypnoisis (which can be akin to meditation). I was hypnotized once by a psychologist using a simple hand levitation exercise. We were still in
our conversation, but I could feel my arm moving upward according to her directions. It was quite amazing to realize that another individual could cause my body to act a certain way. I think self hypnosis is effective in helping a person maintain a desirable course  It helps reinforce the positive changes that are being made, focuses energy in the desired direction. Just a few thoughts.   It is a bit more complicated than just wanting to change.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger."

Return to “Hypnosis”