How to do Hypnosis

Learn and understand about Hypnosis. How it works, how to practice it etc.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dj I.C.U.

How to do Hypnosis

Post by Dj I.C.U. » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:34 am

1. Sit on a couch in the upright position and close your eyes and your arms at your side or in your lap. Do not move around. Just sit there and relax for a minute.

2. Clear your mind of all thoughts. How do you do this?.... simply imagine a big Dumpster or a very large metal box on your mental screen. Then see it open and put all your thoughts and worries in it one by one.... bills... your lovelife.... problems.... your children.... your job... everything you can think of. Then close the lid and lock it! Then push it off your mental screen.

3. Now sit there quietly with no thoughts for a minute. When you are ready to start... do not forget to tell yourself as you go through each part of the body that you are becoming more and more relaxed as you go. YOU MUST TELL YOURSELF THIS!

4. Now... start with your head.... imagine every part of your head relaxing... start with your eyes.... then go to your ears.... the mouth... all your facial muscles. spend time with each part to make sure it is fully relaxed.

5. Now go to your neck and do the same.

6. Now go to you whole chest and stomach region and start with your heart... slow it down and make make it at peace. Relax all you chest muscles and then your stomach area.

7. Now relax you arms feeling them going limp. Relax every muscle in your arms one by one including your fingers.

8. Next go to the groin area and relax all the muscle there.

9. Now it is time to do your legs.... start with the thighs and work you way down to the feet relaxing even every toe.
By this time you should be a be like a big lump of silly putty... totally relaxed and and at peace. Now here comes the fun part. This is where you will get to hypnotize yourself and see if it really works.....

1. Site there with you arms in you lap and or at your side and tell yourself that your right arm is getting very light. It is getting very, very light. Keep telling yourself this and feel how it is getting lighter. Tell yourself that it is getting so light that is is staring to raise up off your lap. Feel it it getting light as you keep telling yourself this and feel it raising up off you lap. It is getting lighter by the second and it is raising up higher and higher until it is up in the air.

2. Once you have achieved this and your arm is up in the air you may tell yourself it is getting heavy again and lower it to your lap. You will now tell yourself that you will awaken fully refreshed with energy and a clear mind.

3. Open your eyes and evaluate what you have done. Write down your experience in your magical journal. If you did not have success... try again later that day and keep trying until you are satisfied. If it never works for you.... you may be one of those who cannot be hypnotized.
Now.... this method can be used on someone else. Try it on your best friend... except you are the one who will be telling them to relax each part of their body. Then do the arm raising stunt with them and see if it works. Remember.... as you go through each part of the body with them... tell them they are getting more and more relaxed and sleepy. If this works then you can try more difficult things like making them do funny things...
Remember... DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE DO THINGS THAT WILL HURT THEM OR OTHERS!
You can also use this method to remember things and program yourself to lose weight or study better or what ever you so choose!
If you have been successful.... Congratulations! You now know how to Hypnotize!

malice749

hypnotize ones self

Post by malice749 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:30 am

seems to me this little test is no way of telling ones ability to hypnotize anything. isnt there some real techniques suggested somewhere?
lifes short get right keep your damn pants zipped its not that hard!

miniheli

Post by miniheli » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Ill try it. I have extreme extreme ocd and adhd.  To the point where I inflict harm to my body. My mind is always raceing and I cant stop it lol its crazy, its like I have a billion mental screen. Hopefully it wil work. Thank you:)

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:06 am

Hello

I am a Certified Hypnotist with the American Hypnosis Association.

what is described above is a technique taught by HMI..  in the fundamental class.

there are actually  more ways to test this but here are the 3 susceptibility test  I use.
I will list them here
when doing these be sure that you reverse all the suggestions and finish up the statements with returning to normal now feeling completely normal. if you can not do that.. do not use the techniques listed below.

hand levitation
( Direct suggestion)
Follow this procedure:
* sit in an upright chair with hands hands facing down on your lap
now remove the dominate hand leaving the non dominate hand on the lap
move the fingers of the hand on your lap feeling the texture below them after a few seconds stop.
now concentrate on a spot real or imaginary on the back of the hand
speak normally saying that the hand is getting lighter and lighter floating upward higher and higher without any effort from you at all..
its lighter and lighter..
if and when the hands starts to go up let it go as far as it will.
now reverse that and bring the hand back down.. the
hand is moving back down to your leg.. returning to normal again
while its moving down say:
when it reaches your lap you will feel relaxed and well and the hand will feel perfectly normal.

2.eye closure( self suggestibility )

again sitting comfortably close the eyes.

concentrate on the eyelids.
mentally suggest heaviness of the eyelids and when she / shee feels that the eyelids are so heavey that they can not be opened
they are to try to open them .. you must say the word * TRY* to open them. ( try.( the word). suggests that the eyes cannot be opened)

( law of reverse reaction)

now instruct that the eyes are now returning to normal and that they are feeling more relaxed and healthy.

3.this test will establish whether the person is susceptible to suggestions from outside sources and will form their own mental pictures and physical feelings

This is a fun one..
Arms Extended  Book / Ballon

stand holding both hands in front of you palms up
now close the eyes
give suggestions that one hand ( let then decide which hand) is holding a book and it is very heavy.. it is such a heavy book at it pushes the hand down by how heavy it is..

now in the other hand..
suggest that there is a balloon tied to the wrist.. and the balloon is pulling the hand up towards the ceiling..
the hand raises and raises as the balloon pulls it upward..

once you see that the hands are moving.. ask the client to stay still and open the eyes
so that they can see the changes in their hands.. instruct them not to move the hands...
now instruct them to close the eyes again and
bring the balloon hand down by reversing the suggestions and bring the book hand up by reversing the suggestions.

until the hands are where they started at.. and remember to finish with..
your hands are perfectly normal now.. all the sensations in your hands are perfectly normal

try those and see which one you respond to best and that will tell you what type of Hypnosis suggestions you will respond to best.
you will need another person to tell you the suggestions. but these are simple and if followed as outlined.. are harmless.

now that you have done that post your replies... and I will post a self hypnosis script for you to use..
on your self.
set for your type.

and everyone can be hypnotized.. it just takes the right person to do it .. with the knowledge of how the client thinks
as to what suggestions need to be given..

how many times have you watched a movie and the house could have fallen down around you and you not notice .. you were so into the movie..?

that is a form of hypnotism
brought to you by the media... lol

ravenuriel~
The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.~ The Kybalion~

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:09 pm

can hypnosis make a person levitate? (I sound like a fool, but 'm really curious)

mrs.rddbrown

Post by mrs.rddbrown » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:07 pm

sounds like meditation more than hypnotation
yeah mon

icemahn

Hypnosis

Post by icemahn » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I've tried the relaxation.  It takes time but, seems to work.  I want to reach a state of deep and total relaxation aiming to contact ancestors and spirits.
The only way is the right way...

MysticR

Hypnosis techniques

Post by MysticR » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 pm

I have read about practice of tratak (concentration on object, e.g candle) to increase the hypnotic ability to influence others. How important is it? Can any one become hypnotist just by practicing scripts as mentioned here or there is some techniques like these one needs to practice along with scripts.

MysticR

NLP Scripts

Post by MysticR » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Hello friends, i am looking for some scripts which can be used for day to day usage to practice different patterns. Please let me when can i find them.

AquaMyst

Post by AquaMyst » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 pm

I am not sure hypnosis can overcome the laws of gravity...I would think the body would only respond to suggestions that were possible within the context the of physical environment it is operating.

Return to “Hypnosis”