word association game...

Humour and games! A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. A little something to waste your time on and relax.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:38 am

Ok....now Define Holiday and tell us why it is the opposite to work...

then give us a new word.....LOL

love, giggles and rainbows

Raka

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:45 am

Oh Ok this is more complex than before ....I love it got my brain churning..

Ok holiday is the opposite to work as it is a time of rest to reboot our worn system after putting our all into work...its the opposite for in work we give our all and in holiday we get our all back.

New word:
Knowledge

(Is that it???...hehe...did I get the rules right now...much more fun this way.)

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:58 am

Yup, you got it right....I was kind to you......but the next concept will be more difficult (sticks her tongue out and grins)

KNOWLEDGE:    The ability to understand and apply a certain concept.  Information gathered and stored for future use. A thing that brings power to the enlightened one, since he will have an advantage over someone who lacks knowledge.  A thing to be used and abused.  Dangerous if used alone. Provides foresight.

Now I know most people would insert here:  IGNORANCE....but ignorance is not the opposite of Knowledge....merely the lack of it....

WISDOM:  The ability to understand the concequences of applying a certain concept.  Something not learned or gathered and appears as inspiration, not stored but applied by the wise one all the time, a thing that brings responsibility for power to the enlightened one, since he will have the wisdom to choose if he wants to use the knowledge or not.  A thing to be treasured, valued and applied.  A blessing to those whose lives it touches.  Provides insight.

LOVE

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:21 am

LOVE:  An emotion a feeling that makes us at times feel complete, ties us happily to another yet gives us never ending freedom, a feeling that reaches deep within that is paramount to nothing.  Love is all encompassing its a reached understanding that we accept another or thing for what it gives to life.  A cord that bonds mother and child a deep seated emotion that makes us believe that even when death takes me it will never be able to take my love for others or the love others have for me...eternal life and hope.  love a chameleon so different to one than it is to another comes in all regards and all levels. Love an understanding that hope can grow love, that anger can grow love...the opposite to love is

the opposite to Love is not Hate as some would believe as hate is ultimately brought about from fear

FEAR:  The fear of not knowing something.  An inability to understand that which we fear.  To be scared of the unknown, to be afraid to take a leap of faith.  To mistake Hate for fear for what we hate is due to our fear and lack of knowledge and understanding.  Fear to take that step and fail...fear of having an innacurrate deep seated belief that when we take a leap of faith we will be stripped down naked to fail and fear that our lack of self esteem will be proven...fear of loving ourselves to the full extent to which we give our love to others and not ourselves.

Obstacle

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:15 am

Great analysis!

Not many people know that fear is actually the opposite to love.  Love has another opposite as well and that is Indifference...but that's another story...lol

I perceive Hate as Love gone malignant...and the reason for that of course would be....FEAR....

The word OBSTACLE... I will leave for Rutho to figure out, or someone else.....LOL

love and rainbows  

Raka

mysticdoubts

Post by mysticdoubts » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:28 am

Mlady Raka wrote:Yup, you got it right....I was kind to you......but the next concept will be more difficult (sticks her tongue out and grins)

KNOWLEDGE:    The ability to understand and apply a certain concept.  Information gathered and stored for future use. A thing that brings power to the enlightened one, since he will have an advantage over someone who lacks knowledge.  A thing to be used and abused.  Dangerous if used alone. Provides foresight.

Now I know most people would insert here:  IGNORANCE....but ignorance is not the opposite of Knowledge....merely the lack of it....

WISDOM:  The ability to understand the concequences of applying a certain concept.  Something not learned or gathered and appears as inspiration, not stored but applied by the wise one all the time, a thing that brings responsibility for power to the enlightened one, since he will have the wisdom to choose if he wants to use the knowledge or not.  A thing to be treasured, valued and applied.  A blessing to those whose lives it touches.  Provides insight.

LOVE
Just too good Mlday Raka.. a game of words and such an intersting one...Thanks.

Ok what about the opposite of MYSTIC?

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Dear Mysticdoubts,

Before we go to your word MYSTIC....

there is the word Angelwings provided....and it is OBSTACLE.....lol

Feeling up to the challenge to do this one first before we go to the word MYSTIC?

Love and rainbows

Raka

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:10 pm

Mystic, now this is something that doesn't ring any bells.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 pm

Mystic...a girl that are hard to read and since you can't read her you make so big ideas that she never manage to live up to them...so she chose to stay mystic :)

scandal-monger...she is so engaged to tell everyone what have happen that she also tell everything about herself...she is like an open book or the daily news :)

stairs.....ohh just noticed  OBSTACLE

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:59 pm

It was a good opposite to Mystic Rutho!...albeit an unorthodox one....LOL

Good mind under that helmet....LOL

love and rainbows

Raka

Here goes again.....

OBSTACLE

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:16 am

Obstacle= hindering= low self-esteem make everything you want to do a challenge, you seldom see the possibility and if you do you give up before you see them true, you are seldom popular and have a tendency to complain.

High self-esteem....you will see most of the chances,you are full of energies. you let few or nothing stop you, you see most thing true, you are popular, you never complain but instead try to inspire other.

hmmm yea...stairs :)

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:22 am

You comment on Aunt Bettina in the Occult Dictionary Introduction, and I will you allllllll  about stairs...LOL

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:02 am

My comment on Auntie...Great...loved it...I think the more picture you manage to put in....the better Dict we get :)

Stairs....just like life it gives you 3 options..
1.take the challenge, take a step experience it and take another, the experience will provide you with power to go on...the peak is up there.
2 stand still...the longer you stand..the more energies you loose, you will not have the energy to move upward and will have to take a step down.
3. Each step down brings you farther away from the top and this make you loose more hope and the steps downwards become easier and easier to take.

Strong Faith

If a human has a strong belief, this will provide him/her with the strength to smooth out both peaks and bottom experiences.
He/she will more have the experience to walk on water. He/she will have more feeling of equality among humans...their personal gain aren't that important.

I have not said anything about any Religion, and there are many who use their belief to get personal gain, I am talking the way it should work :)

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:08 am

Great comparison....like always...  Makes me wonder what you really have under that helmet of yours...  There's more than what grey cells can produce!

loved it  (and thanks for the comment on Aunty Bettina...I think she's quite a character...lol)

love and rainbows

Raka

rachael anne

Post by rachael anne » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:50 am

ride

Return to “Humour and Games”