Marriage Joke

Humour and games! A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. A little something to waste your time on and relax.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Marriage Joke

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:08 am

LITTLE GIRL IN CHURCH: "Why is the bride dressed in white?"
MOMMY: "White is the color of joy, and today is most joyful day of her life."
LITTLE GIRL: "Then why is the groom wearing black?"

snufile

Post by snufile » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Cute Pravin.

Although this joke does bring up a point. Never thought about that. In the indian culture I wonder why we wear red's then. Fire maybe.

What do you think?

Param

Shortyfrm

Hindu Weddings

Post by Shortyfrm » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Hate to get all serious in the posting area for jokes and humor but here is a little information that might clear up and questions that anyone has about Hindu weddings and the color red.  As you can see from my picture I am wearing the mark of a married woman (red bindi/dot).  I am supremely interested in indian culture and this is what I know.

The color red is worn on wedding day to symbolize prosperity. It marks a woman is to be married and she must continue to wear a red bindi upon her forehead and always part her scalp using a red powder to denote her availiability to other Hindu males.  A woman in the Indian culture is considered to be Goddess Lakshmi because the Hindu belief is that prosperity comes to one's home from the female and women have special blessings from their Goddess Lakshmi.  On Goddess Lakshmi the red color symbolizes activity. The gold embroidery on wedding gown also denotes wealth and prosperity. The idea conveyed here is that the Goddess is always busy distributing wealth and prosperity to the devotees.  This was followed by Hindu Indians and most Hindu Indian wore red for  auspicious occasions and weddings.  The white colour denotes purity, calm and peace. In India white is worn for mourning.  It is considered bad omen to wear white colour in happy occasions.

snufile

Post by snufile » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks, shorty for the information

Pravin Kumar

Marriage Jokes

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Dear Shorty,

Your knowledge of Indian Culture is good but do you want me to make the Bride wear red and the man white even then the man would be in mourning after the marriage. Black and White are only figure of speech to denote what goes at the time of marriage and what follows.

Man works all his life and woman spends it and that is the custom. When I married the Pandit told me the same thing. Whatever I earn has to be handed over to wife and so many other things that showed total partiality towards women. Well that is actual in life too. Man desires are much less than women but then that is natural.

Pravin Kumar

jennifercrowe

Post by jennifercrowe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Htat is intersting about the hindu.  I always wondered about that

Return to “Humour and Games”