To Cook an Egg

Humour and games! A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. A little something to waste your time on and relax.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

To Cook an Egg

Post by swetha » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:40 am

How Two Russian Journalists Cooked an Egg with their Mobile Phones

Vladimir Lagovski and Andrei Moiseynko from Komsomolskaya Pravda Newspaper in Moscow decided to learn first-hand how harmful cell phones are. There is no magic in cooking with your cell phone. The secret is in the radio waves that the cell phone radiates.

The journalists created a simple microwave structure as shown in the picture. They called from one cell phone to the other and left both phones on talking mode. They placed a tape recorder next to phones to imitate sounds of speaking so the phones would stay on.

After, 15 minutes: The egg became slightly warm.

25 minutes: The egg became very warm.

40 minutes: The egg became very hot.

65 minutes: The egg was cooked. (As you can see.)

Conclusion 1: Cooking eggs with mobile phones is possible but very expensive ($4.55, £2.50, Rs225 or 123 Rubles)

Conclusion 2: We do not recommend carrying cell phone in your pants or near any part of the body.  

I might add it takes approximately 2 minutes of speaking on a cellular phone for the radiation to cross the protective Blood Brain Barrier. So whenever there is a landline available, use it in preference to your cell. Avoid calling people on their cellphones unless its unavoidable.

by email

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:11 pm

YES YES YES!

Just think how many children that use Mobile phones today.
And all those adults that even still speak into it when they are shopping, many can't live without it.  I don't look forward to the next 10-15 years when the reaction to those waves start to apear.

In my youth I did't believe it was dangerous to smoke, all big star smoked did't they?
Now I almost died from it, 10 years ago, when I was 53, a bit early isen't!

I remember when the asbestos came on the marked.
Our savior...we now had a brilliant fighting material ageinst fire.
Look what a uproar it makes if found in an old house today, they have to put on moon suit to get it out.

All progress aren't always good progress!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:58 am

but u think this egg thing is really true??

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:02 am

no...that one might be a bit exaggerated.....or. maybe not..radio waves are like microwaves...it put molecules in motion and produce heat.

So I shall not say that I believe it's true, but I can confirm that I think using your mobile phone direct on your ear for a longer time produce danger for your health. Use hands free!

There have been some fuzz up here about military boat's and radar. Examination about high share of deformed babies among the crew on such boats, show that the strong radar beams produce both lekumi (blood canser) and deformation in the baby.

Examination of strong current, that many times is transported true living area, show that it produce magnetic fields that are dangerous for people. They used to have a limit for 7 meter from a such current to the nearest house, now it's banned to build near such thing without strong investigation around the magnetic field.

There have also been more examination of ordinary earth radiation, (not from powerplant  or bomb...don't know the name in English) it show that in som places there are such radiation that can be harmful for the occupant, and you have to make a protective layer.

So if all this show that radiaton of thing, used far more away then the Mobil phone, are dangerous, then why not the phone itself?
I agree the radiation is lower then both radar and strong current, but you are much much more close to the source!

Return to “Humour and Games”