Are you like 98% of the people or 2% ???

Humour and games! A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. A little something to waste your time on and relax.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

laurabee86

Post by laurabee86 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 pm

I thought of a blue wrench lol ... course I saw my nephew play with one not to long ago :)
laurabee86

saikikudh

Post by saikikudh » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 am

Holy moly

I had it partly good

i thought about a blue hammer :p
All Is Well

Kai_H

Post by Kai_H » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:32 am

If one had seen a recording of someone playing a game wherein the protagonist found a hand drill, and that's the tool one thought of... does it count?

I thought of 'black hand drill'. And yes, I'd watched this video of someone playing "Amnesia The Dark Descent" where the player found that tool. ^^;

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 pm

It seems more like only 2% think of a red hammer? I thought of a purple hammer, and I was thinking "oh, a hammer is such a copout! everyone will think of a hammer" and I was theoretically correct.

I believe that the tool most associated with the word tool is hammer. Like I'm sure it's used most often in advertising, as well I'm sure it's the first or easiest tool for children to learn about. I believe I have memories of hammers in picture books or something when I was a child. It's like the fundamental building archetype.

I also believe red is similar in that its the color most used in advertising, and it tends to be the most popular color, if that makes sense. I don't think it has anything to do with the math at all. It's just that we've been more or less conditioned to think of these things first in association with "color" and "tool". Don't they say that red is the most common color of car as well?

But of course, I don't think advertisement works the same as it did say, ten years ago, because of the internet now. So I imagine we won't always commonly come up with this same answer. I don't think it will be these common images that will be the most prevalent forever.

blackspring

Post by blackspring » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:11 pm

LOL, I thought of a yellow hammer, does that make me only partially abnormal?....;)

I think caithiggs makes some excellent points. I, too, felt that saying hammer was a bit of a cop out, since it was the most obvious tool, in my mind.

AgentOfChaos

Post by AgentOfChaos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:50 pm

blue screwdriver was what came to my mind. my logic? blue is my favorite color and i have heard mention of screwdrivers on at least three seperate occasions already this week!! they seem to be in popular demand at this house...

Return to “Humour and Games”