studies

All Psychic Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CuriousK

studies

Post by CuriousK » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:03 am

Hello. I'm at a cross road in my life and exploring where i want to head next.

I'm thinking of going back to studies, although i enjoy working and earning money. However, I the current job i'm in is not great and it seems that i may never be able to earn much in the field i'm in.

I also am thinking about settling down (I'm not getting any younger!). Going ahead with studies would mean that it will take at least 3 - 4 years of my life and I must be committed. Tho, what scares me is that I may not be able to get into the studies that I want to do. But, I want to turn my life around and create a better life for myself.

Where do you see me heading and are there any advices you have to offer me? Any psychics able to help me out, I would appreciate greatly.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

You need to take more calculated risks in your life

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Hey Curious, :smt003

In order to turn your life around and create a better one for yourself you will necessarily have to take certain risks and move outside of your personal comfort zone. The secret however of achieving anything which is important to you is to minimize the dangers by making what risks you do take calculated or planned ones, instead of foolishly rushing in where angels fear to tread, and throwing all sensible caution to the wind.

Taking risks and making what changes are necessary in the way in which you do or think about things can be scary, and it might appear in the short term that it would be much easily to leave things exactly as they are. But over the longer term you could live a life of increasing frustration and regret in knowing that you did not have the courage to find out for sure if it might have worked if you had only given it your best shot.

So in your case I feel that you need to balance the risks of going ahead with your studies, not being able to get into exactly the course you hoped for, or starting the course and then within the next 3 - 4 years either failing or changing your mind midstream about what you want to do AGAINST running the real risk that you are going to be permanently trapped in a dead end job where you will not have enough money to do what you want to do and which will offer you no personal or professional satisfaction.

I feel based upon you reading as well as the way in which you have overcome much more significant challenges than this in the past (as I have read in your earlier postings on these forums), that you really have no other choice than to go the study route, but not feel as if your life has ended if you do not manage to get accepted for the specific course you want to do. While you are being encouraged to make your plans for the future (which is what taking calculated risks is all about), try at the same time to remain flexible and open to the possibility that the job you get after the course has been completed may not even exist yet.

I sense that whatever type of job you would be looking for after your graduation is in a field involving rapid technological progress, where there are very few experts because as soon as someone begins to feel they have mastered the work, it changes again into something very different and on a much higher level. In other words it is to be one of those jobs where you will literally be on the cutting edge of technology, and will need to be regularly retrained while on the job to be able to keep up with things. You will have your hands full trying to keep at least one step in front of the competition.

So while I am not predicting with any degree of certainty what you will decide to do in the end, and what will happen in this direction during the period of time thought to be covered by a reading of this type (approximately the next six months), I am feeling supremely confident that you will ultimately make the right decision for you as with regards to going ahead with your planned studies. I know exactly what you are getting at when you said at the age of 29  that you are not getting any younger, but take comfort in the knowledge that you probably have at least another 36 years of working life still to go. It would be a very different and nowhere near as positive a picture, if you were 29 and had never had a job before in your entire life?

My advice therefore based only upon this reading (which you will need to consider in combination with a host of other factors which I do not know about, and which could significantly throw a spanner in the works if they do not all go in your favour), would be to take the calculated risks involved in returning to your studies, and use your many successes in the past in overcoming much larger challenges than this to inspire and strengthen your faith both in yourself, and also in the plan which the Universe has for your life as a whole.

I commend this reading to you as a cosmic wake up call or royal kick in your pants to get you moving once again in the right general direction, and for you not to become so focused on getting into the course you want to do that you would not be willing to try something better if it came up.

There is no shame in not finishing the course which you have started. It may be possible to change your direction one or two years down the track, and make what subjects you have already completed count towards another course. A bridging course may also be necessary to bring you more fully up to speed in a job which may not even exist yet. They say that variety is the spice of life, and I feel that a major change in direction in the type of job that you will do in the future, will be the spice that you will need in order to motivate you onto even greater heights as well as more challenging tasks still ahead of you.

Hoping that this reading both informs and encourages you to discover and take maximum advantage of hidden work strengths which lie within you, that you may not yet be aware of, let alone having developed them any further.

Blessed be,

eye_of_tiger (male) Image

CuriousK

Thank you eye_of_tiger

Post by CuriousK » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:57 am

Eye of tiger, thank you for your response to my questions, its given me something to think about.

I do want to change direction with my career. Today at work, i thought to myself that i do not want to be stuck doing what i'm doing now. It's kinda boring and not enough hours of work.

I think rapid technology sounds kinda right in the course i want to take. I've taken career counselling to help me identify what I want or could do. The career counsellor has informed me that the area that I might be interested in has a shortage of workers.

I guess when you see it that way, another 36 years of working life, there's still a long way to go. But I've been also wanting to settle down and have a family of my own in the near future (if my boyfriend has the same interests lol). Being a student again sucks because of the lack of financial support, but perhaps if i am able to get into this course, it may be worthwhile. A new change and direction in my life is much needed.

Once again, thank you.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 pm

It was indeed my pleasure to provide you with plenty of food for thought in this reading, and your positive feedback was much appreciated. It does help me to fine tune my readings over time.

Perhaps your direction lies in the application of technology to career counseling which suggests using computers and the internet in new and very innovative ways from what has already been done up until now, with the intention to help your client to find a job which is both suitable and consistent with his or her qualifications and relevant work skills.

A shortage of workers in that area could be at the same time a very encouraging statistic for your hopes of finding employment, or it could alternately be a sign that few people are attracted to it as a career because such positions are poorly paid, or because people working in that field are made to feel that what they are doing is not recognized as worthy of adequate public or private funding. But work serves other important psychological purposes beyond us simply making an honest living from our daily labors.

It may be that in order to make any significant progress towards getting into career counseling as your life work and for discovering the exact reasons why there is currently a shortage of them, you yourself may continue to require the services of a career counselor for some time yet.

Whatever you might say about it, it would be unlikely to be boring, and would allow you to gain a greater sense of personal satisfaction from your work and meet many more people than if you were to continue to be trapped in a job that is essentially getting you nowhere fast.

Wishing you every success in your chosen field of endeavor,

EoT Image

Return to “Psychic Reading Forum”