need an anchor

All Psychic Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

need an anchor

Post by dhav » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello freinds,

I feel lost or ungrounded. It's like I need an anchor in my life. My life has changed radically in last few months...work...environment...life is more peaceful n bright right now. but something is missing in my life or maybe I am adjusting myself.

I need some advice if possible.

Thank You,

Dhav :)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Carry your foundation and stabilizer around with you, instead of any anchors

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 am

Hey Dhav,

Anchors like most things in life have their inevitable disadvantages.

While they can keep you from drifting aimlessly through life and give you something solid to hold onto for a sense of security and consistency, they can equally hold you back and drag you down. Life is meant to be about forward movement and us successfully adapting to change in our environment, but anchors are primarily designed to stop something or someone from moving in any direction, or changing the location.

So while I agree that you often need something to give your life greater stability and an increased feeling that you do have some measure of control over what happens to you, instead of something like an anchor which holds you in the same place over an extended period of time, you need something more portable which you can carry around with you, but can still be your foundation and stabilizer until it is once more time to move on again.

Now back in March of this year you told us that you had resigned from your job after unexpectedly not finding your name on the promotion list. This sad news was then counterbalanced by your understandably joyous announcement that you had got another job which was far less stressful, and in which you could work from home if you wanted to. It had a better salary and you would get to go to the UK for the first 3 months.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 942#321942

I cannot read at what stage you are now with this job and your working holiday, and this reading is certainly not my attempt to put a damper on what a wonderful feeling it must have been for you to escape long term unemployment. You really put all your energies and determination into making sure that you quickly got off the unemployment queue and preserved your sense of self worth and dignity in doing so.

But now you have got the job and you are hopefully well on the way to proving yourself to be indispensable to the company and your employer, you are feeling like a high school or college student who has just finished her final examination. In other words you have been working so intensely upon getting back into the work force as soon as possible, that now that you have achieved your goal you urgently need new goals to focus your energies upon in its place.

You feel like you are now drifting randomly in all directions like a boat which has lost its sails or its engine has stopped, and its rudder has been broken and as if it could not get any worse it appears to have lost its anchor. Because while you were trying to get back into the job market you could not think about what comes after. And now it is after. And you cannot think off the top of your head as to what those new goals will or should be.

This is NOT the time for you to put down another anchor to hold you where you are now, indefinitely. Yes you do need to restore a sense of stability and reestablish a firm foundation on which to build your new goals, but using something which you can move forwards with. An anchor replacement which you can take with you into any situation you may come up against in the future.

One common anchor which effectively holds a person in one place much longer than is healthy is the job they do. While your job is an important part of your life, there is much more to who you are than what your work is. People often come up against this when thy are unemployed or ready to retire. Because they have identified themselves to other people as doing that line of work, if they feel in danger of losing that paid job, they basically feel that they no longer have any identity.

What is one of the first things that most people ask you when you first meet them socially (after commenting about the weather)? What job do you do, or how do you earn your living? The danger of doing this is that society tends to measure our value as a person by what job we do and how much we are paid each year. So when you have no paid job people avoid the subject, because they realize how sensitive many of us are about this. Which only makes us feel more isolated from other people, with negative consequences for our health on many levels.

What this reading is saying is do not allow any job which you might have now or in the future to become your anchor, holding you back. Do not entirely define or measure who you are as a person by your main paid job. By all means do your best, but o not become so immersed in your work that you should sacrifice what is important to you in your life as a whole, and as part of your soul's journey.  Instead of using your job alone as an anchor holding you back and potentially dragging you down, instead use the most effective portable foundation and stabilizer of all - your own true Self.

The reading suggests that once you have a well paying job, think back to the hopes and dreams of your childhood which you were forced to give up on or put aside as you grew into an adult and needed to find paid work. Do something voluntarily or as a leisure time hobby which is in line with those childhood hopes and dreams, but which is not satisfied by your job.

Something which you love doing purely for the pleasure and enjoyment of which satisfies parts of your personality which have so far not found expression in any of your jobs. For by doing this you will be getting closer to finding your most effective portable foundation and stabilizer which will only hold you in one place only as long as it is necessary to do so - YOUR TRUE SELF.

Loving regards,

EoT Image

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello Eot :),

Thank You for the reading. Yes you are right about instead of an anchor I need a portable stabilizer. I have gone to Uk and I am already back home n working from home. From time to time I go to office. What is more important for me is to grow as a person...not to remain stagnant and identify myself with a job.Most important I need my freedom to to be able to expand. maybe i thought I need someone as a lifepartner which prompted me to want for an anchor and a family life. But i don't think something like that will happen soon and that lifepartner should not be an anchor but a companion with a common path. In my society such apartner is difficult to find n not many person share same view as me.

Thank You Eot for helping me having a better insight of this,

Love,
dhav

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Dear Dhav,

You seem to already have a reasonably good idea about the areas of your personality which require the most attention, but at the same time please do not be too hard upon yourself for making mistakes or having human weaknesses which are common to most of us.

This is important to you making any positive progress in growing as a person, in spite of where you are living at the time. If you do not give yourself permission to make your own mistakes and beat up on yourself for making them, then the path to achieving your chosen goal of personal and spiritual growth will be in serious danger of becoming permanently blocked.

Some life partners can be equally competent as both your companion and as an anchor in helping you to keep grounded, but no matter who they are they should never be your only anchor. Just like anything else which is good in life the use of other people as anchors can be overdone or taken to extremes which are most unhealthy for both of the individuals concerned.

An anchor can keep you from drifting, but if the anchor is too heavy it can also potentially drag you down to the bottom of the ocean, and drown you. Living with some overly negative and/or  manipulative people can be like wearing an anchor around your neck. If a person becomes your only anchor either intentionally or unintentionally, what happens when for whatever reason they are no longer there to help stabilize you?
In my society such a partner is difficult to find n not many person share same view as me.
Then do not make it even more difficult for yourself in finding a suitable life companion by restricting your prospective future partners to someone who shares exactly the same life path and opinions and beliefs as you do.

If you do make this common mistake of requiring him to be either a carbon copy or mirror reflection of yourself, then your prediction that a relationship and family is still a long way off for you could easily and quickly become a negative self fulfilling prophecy.

For your sake as my friend I sincerely hope that you will change your ideas about this being an absolute requirement for any such relationship and family to work.

You deserve only the very best which your life and love can bring you. IMHO

With deep admiration and respect for all that you have achieved up until now, in spite of your life's many challenges.  

EoT   Image

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:05 am

Hello Eot,

I do not want a carbon copy but someone with whom I can myself grow as a human being. But I can't seem to find such a person.I also feel sad becoz I miss someone but he never replied me. I should take it as a no but there is still confusion in my heart regarding him.

Thank you for your reading,

d.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:31 pm

dhav wrote:Hello Eot,

I do not want a carbon copy but someone with whom I can myself grow as a human being. But I can't seem to find such a person.I also feel sad becoz I miss someone but he never replied me. I should take it as a no but there is still confusion in my heart regarding him.

Thank you for your reading,

d.
Dhav,

Always my pleasure!

No you definitely do not want a carbon copy of yourself for your partner (that was what my previous posting was saying), but you DO need to have enough things in common with each other on which to build a healthy long term relationship. It is clear from your reading that a lack of trust is always going to be a major sticking point with you, whoever you are with at the time. Understandable if you have been hurt many times in the past.

He must to a certain degree accept his share of the responsibility for the lack of trust which you feel in him, but I also think that your own expectations of being hurt and having your trust betrayed by one man after the other could unintentionally be attracting into your life men who do not deserve to be trusted. In other words your expectations that you will be repeatedly betrayed or abused by men could unwittingly be creating a negative self fulfilling prophecy.

There is no element of blame or criticism of you in this statement of fact, as fortunately we are only held responsible for what we consciously think and do, and the thought patterns which are causing you such grief are by definition unconscious, and are therefore largely beyond your control to change into something more positive, as well as being difficult to gain access to other than through using highly specialized methods which only a qualified professional is trained to use.

But at this stage because you are grieving or in mourning for a relationship which is probably at an end, most of this well intended advice must seem very overpowering to you and make you feel that there will never be any hope for something better in the future.

It is felt at the moment that you already have quite enough to deal with in slowly but surely putting this man and relationship behind you, and that consequently therapy sessions such as these should be left until you feel strong enough to be able to gain the maximum benefit from them.

Love, Light and Healing,

EoT  Image

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello Eot,

I feel am well behind it. I feel very fine. Well I only let my feelings be known but didn't get a response for that. I was hurt for some days but then thought it was not worth it. :)

You r right when u said I created a pattern where I felt abused in relationship. I have to get over it.

Thank You Eot,
D :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Dhav,

Thanking you in return for your thoughtful and at times painfully honest feedback.

It is clear to me that those men who abused you in the past seriously underestimated your inner strength and resilience in the face of adversity.

The woman whom they thought was their human doormat to be able to wipe their own failings and personal issues upon, turns out to be anything but weak or helpless.

Love, Light and Healing,

EoT  :smt007

Return to “Psychic Reading Forum”