Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...

All Psychic Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

boba7523

Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...

Post by boba7523 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Name: Peter Hsiao
DOB: 12/14/1989

------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

I'd like a reading on which road is ultimately the one that's best for. I know it's difficult to predict the future. I do know which path I want to take, I just don't know if taking this path is REALLY the best...

I'm at a crossroad between where I want to permanently live-- either staying in Los Angeles, California, or moving to Taipei, Taiwan.

Currently, I am residing in Los Angeles, California where I am just about 2 years into my career in a corporate world. More opportunities for a higher salary and better living standards is what's keeping me here in Los Angeles. However, I cannot bear the loneliness that also comes from living here--my parents moved us to Los Angeles when my siblings and I were young. They were the only family I have out here, and now they are scattering elsewhere due to marriage, etc, which leaves me in Los Angeles with only my parents and I.

After taking a recent trip to Taiwan, I feel like that's where I want to belong. Being in Taiwan is what brings me true happiness. All of my relatives are there. I feel so familiar and at peace with the place. But I would be giving up the opportunity for higher salary, which means a more luxury and stable future without financial worries.

Thus, I am at stuck between picking either true happiness OR a more luxury future (becoming financially wealthy). I am financially insecure about my future since I am only 25 with minimal savings. But living in Los Angeles lessens that insecurity. However, due to the lack of job opportunities and current median pay in Taiwan (very low), I don't know if I can at least have a decent future living in Taiwan.

My family is against me moving to Taiwan at this moment until I've established a career that I can put on my resume. This way, I will get a higher pay when I stay in Taiwan. The thing is, I don't think I can wait that long. I want to be in Taiwan right now. I don't feel happy being here...

Can you please shed some light on this dilemma?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu May 28, 2015 6:07 am

I think you have already answered or been answering your own question, Peter.

To give you a 'reading' or to predict  as to which option would be better for you is a responsibility that no reader in their right mind would or should do. You are answering most, if not all, the questions that are bothering you.

Now..... do you want to follow your mind or your heart? Both are important in our life to bring us happiness and contentment. If your happiness without the financial security is of the utmost importance for you, then you know what you should do. If the financial security is equally important, why dont you try and find a temporary solution to your dilemma? In that... why not build some savings in U.S.A. and then move back to Taiwan where at least you will have strong financial base to stand on, buy your own property or even start a business of your own.

As to how long you wish to wait and stay in U.S.A. to accumulate this amount, and what that amount would or should be, is again your decision as you know best the cost of living in Taiwan.

You can give you yourself an age bracket that at such and such an age, I want to be Taiwan and work accordingly to fulfil your financial security in U.S.A.

However, from what I read in your posting, if your desire so strongly and your ultimate happiness lies in your move to Taiwan, then that is what you should do before you get used to the financial comfort of life in LA and having forever in your mind and heart that the move to Taiwan would have brought you more happiness.

There is no right or wrong answer here; the answer lies within you and your own soul. I suggest you allow yourself some time (six - eight months or more?)  and see how you feel afterwards.

Are your siblings scattered in and around U.S.A. or have they all moved to Taiwan?

Let us know how you feel.

boba7523

Post by boba7523 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:56 am

Hello cedars,

Thank you so much for your input.

I do already know what I want when making this post, and since making this post, that feeling has gotten nothing but stronger. I guess the reason I even made this post was to get approval that my decision to move back to TW is the right one.

My sister will be in Canada for maybe a year due to her husband's job. They want their baby to be American educated so most likely they will move back down to the U.S. in a couple years or so. My brother is in Taiwan at this moment but is seeking employment in Canada. They prefer to live in the U.S. due to the better standard of living.

But have they considered the fact that we have no family or relatives anywhere but Taiwan, and that they will be practically without family? Or perhaps they're okay with that. I'd need to have a discussion with them about this.

I yearn for times with family and relative. It's what gives me happiness. Ideally, I'd love if all of my family could stay in Taiwan close to each other, but judging by the current situation and their preferences, I don't think that's possible at the moment. The salary in Taiwan is just very bad right now and the cost of living isn't the cheapest either.

I don't think I can stay in the U.S. any longer as my feelings for moving back is ever so strong. I'm very discontent and to be honest sad where I'm at right now in California. This feeling happens every time I visit my family/relatives in Taiwan. I think Taiwan is where I really belong.

The median salary in Taiwan makes it impossible to purchase a house unless you save up slowly for many years. After living expenses, you are practically saving up dimes and nickles. Saving for a down payment will take years. Then the mortgage will be a pain. Sacrifices (quality of life a.k.a having disposable income to buy materials things) will need to be made.

I guess my real intention for posting here is for some light to shine on me and say: "Everything will be okay once you're in Taiwan. You will eventually be able to find a good paying job and own a home."

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri May 29, 2015 6:53 am

I wish you all the very best in your chosen path.
Family, indeed, is very important and I hope those around you value you as well.

Be happy my friend!

Return to “Psychic Reading Forum”