No acknowledgement from seekers!

All Tarot Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

cedars
Tarot reader

No acknowledgement from seekers!

Post by cedars » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 am

I have now given two readings in the Tarot forum since the MB site was 'resuscitated' and none of the querents (seekers) have acknowledged with their feedback or even a simple 'thank you'.

Behaviour such as this does not motivate us - readers - to respond to future requests.
We have been on this site in its hay days and now, regrettably, in its decline. But it is not only us, the readers, who make this site; it is also you the members who contribute with your ideas, inputs and, indeed, your requests.

A simple acknowledgement and even a feedback will encourage the readers to respond to such requests.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: No acknowledgement from seekers!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 am

cedars wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 am
I have now given two readings in the Tarot forum since the MB site was 'resuscitated' and none of the querents (seekers) have acknowledged with their feedback or even a simple 'thank you'.

Behaviour such as this does not motivate us - readers - to respond to future requests.
We have been on this site in its hay days and now, regrettably, in its decline. But it is not only us, the readers, who make this site; it is also you the members who contribute with your ideas, inputs and, indeed, your requests.

A simple acknowledgement and even a feedback will encourage the readers to respond to such requests.
I fully support everything which my gifted friend and colleague has said.

In their "hay days" other psychic/spiritual sites have made it a basic requirement that their members must provide constructive feedback (which is more than a simple thank you) for their readings, if they are to be given any more in the future.

On other websites, only financial members are able to request a reading.

Especially since this and many other similar sites to MB are now very regrettably in decline, we cannot therefore afford the luxury of requiring members to pay for readings (with all the legal implications of doing this) or make providing constructive feedback mandatory.

But readers are at their core sensitive human beings.

Human beings in general like to feel that they are actually helping someone using their unique gifts and abilities, and that their efforts are both valued and appreciated by the other party.

A simple thank you for a reading does definitely help to keep the reader - client relationship a healthy one, where there is mutual trust and respect by both sides.

At the very least this is the polite thing to do, when somebody has attempted to help you.

But constructive feedback (both hits and misses) allows the reader in question to fine tune his or her reading technique, which can only have positive consequences for future readings.

A simple but genuine thank you is wonderful in itself (don't stop), but a thank you PLUS constructive feedback often keeps readers motivated enough to want to regularly monitor and accept reading requests, and to make every effort to improve their reading techniques.

Could I please however make all our valued readers aware that subscribing to a thread and being notified by email when there has been a response to your reading request is working for some members, but regrettably NOT for all of us?

And that it is not only new members who are being affected by this ongoing technical problem?

I have no idea whether this is why members are not giving you feedback within the preferred time frame, and are turning up sometimes weeks or months later, complaining that they would have been back sooner if they had known about your reading.

Be certain to take this very real possibility into account, before prematurely jumping to any conclusions about their true reasons and motives for an apparent zero response.

Sometimes it is for other reasons than ONLY rudeness and/or complacency.

Cheers,

Brian :smt059

cedars
Tarot reader

Re: No acknowledgement from seekers!

Post by cedars » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Thank you my friend.
I know how we both feel about this site and the points I raised.

Return to “Tarot Reading Forum”