Card reading

All Tarot Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

jadeplanet33

Card reading

Post by jadeplanet33 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:02 pm

I am a member of mystic board for over 13 years. I have not had a reading for a very long time and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in providing me with one. I sometimes read my own cards but I would like to see if someone sees more than I. my name is Joanne DOB 11-17-1970 location New York
In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true.
John Lilly

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Card reading

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi Joanne,

Thanking you so much for your loyalty as a Mystic Board member, for the last 13 plus years.

In return for your loyalty I want to be completely upfront and honest with you about your chances of receiving a reading in this forum, within a reasonable period of time.

Our one resident tarot reader Cedars still monitors this board, but nowhere near as often as happened when the site was still functioning at it's full capacity.

The greatly reduced amount of reading requests in all reading forums (which has largely happened since MB moved to this new address with the forum software having been updated) no longer warrants readers checking their board on a daily or even a weekly basis.

I am not saying that you will not receive a card reading from Cedars, but I am saying that you will need to be more patient about waiting for one, when compared to what normally happened in the past.

If at least two weeks passes without you getting any response to your request (I hope that this will not be necessary), please send me a short private message to that effect. While I do not give full tarot readings or regard myself as a Tarot reader, I do sometimes use the cards as part of giving an intuitive reading in the psychic reading forum.

Just a few points I wish to mention in closing, which apply equally to any member requesting a free reading of any type on a site such as this one which depends entirely upon volunteers who are willing to do whatever they practically can to help valued members such as your good self.

1. The quality and usefulness of any reading is often determined by the amount of thought and effort that the person has put into deciding which question they most want answered. Since you have asked no specific question of the reader, then your reading will as a result be more general and therefore on average provide less detailed about the particular subject which is uppermost in your mind at the moment.

2. Readers generously give of their time and energies to help our our members (for which we are eternally grateful), but they are human beings like yourself. Human beings are often at their best when they feel that their efforts on your behalf are appreciated. The best way to show them that you are grateful is to both thank them sincerely for their reading, as well as to provide them with honest and complete feedback. They especially like to know the parts of the reading which you have found most encouraging and helpful in assisting you to live a happier, healthier and more successful life.

3. The third and final point only applies if you have had other readings in the past from other readers on other websites (or in person), or if you happen to be a reader yourself. Readers generally dislike having their interpretations compared with someone else's, or being asked to comment about someone else's reading.

Or having their interpretations compared with yours.

I am sure that in some situations that this can be a useful exercise for beginner readers or those who are returning to giving readings after not having done so for a while to discuss and compare notes about what they each believe a particular symbol means, but could I please request that none of this happens on our reading forums? Keep an open mind about what card means what, and allow the reader the freedom to do what he or she does best, without interference or negative comparison.

Note that these points are directed precisely towards a small percentage of our members who consistently refuse to read or ignore the forum rules before making their request, or expect their request to be responded to in detail, almost instantly.

There is no offence intended towards yourself by me including them as part of your forum thread. To be honest I am always inspired and encouraged by people who have shared their hopes and fears with us over a long period (13 plus years, definitely qualifies you), through the good and not so good times.

It looks as though I am as imperfectly human, as everyone else is. :smt102

Loving regards,

Brian :smt039 :smt049

cedars
Tarot reader

Re: Card reading

Post by cedars » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:59 pm

Hello Joanne,

My friend and colleague EOT has so eloquently explained to you the 'rules' of Mystic Board and I am grateful to him for doing so, and for all the information he has provided to you with regard to your reading request. Thank you, Brian!

And, as for you.....how come all these 13 years you have never asked for a reading if, in fact, you have felt the need for one? Do you hear my friendly scolding tone? :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

I will be happy to give you a reading if you could please let me have an idea as to what area of your thoughts or life you would like the reading to concentrate on? After all said and done, sometimes querents ask a question and the cards reveal things relating to a completely different area of their life or the question they had in mind. Of course, I have no control over that. Whatver I get given, I go with that.

Please try and avoid questions about..... IF this or that will happen or not... In the reading world, I call this Yes or No questions. I do not read about health issues and the unborn baby's gender etc.....
I do not need to know the full story; just the area(s) of your life you wish the reading to concentrate on.

Thank you.

Return to “Tarot Reading Forum”