Please take a look!!

All requests for readings using the western astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:46 am

its me again. I been researching some info on my combust mercury you say. How does this affect me and what other planets and/or houses are affected by this?? Pls let me know everything about it. Thnx

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:00 am

Psh, you again?  :P  Hehehe.  Nice to see you again.

The Combustion of Mercury only effects Mercury and his expression thereof.  It's not related to another planet as no other planet is Combust.

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 am

I have read that a combust mercury directly affects the sun and some cases fortifies your Mars. Since both of my planets, Mercury and Sol, are in Taurus,  Id that there should be a big connection between the 2.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:49 pm

Combustion doesn't effect Sol, in reality, Sol is what causes the Combustion.  Planets get too close and he burns them.  So, the ability they have to express themselves is hindered since they are 'injured'.

I don't know anything about this connection with Mars...

Sorry

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:28 pm

Well mainly, its said that the planet and its power is lost and it is unable to do to do what it was suppose to do. So what does that mean? My mercury basicly doesnt exist  or  what things does it change?

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:34 pm

Read back over the thread and see where I talk about your Mercury.

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:43 pm

I been reading on this site.
http://www.academiadeastrologia.com/art ... estion.pdf

This explains how combustion works. My acendant is Virgo, which is ruled by mercury. My all important 10th house is in Gemini, also ruled by Mercury. And im not sure what house has my mercury in it. What do u think all this does to them?

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:27 am

My computer doesn't like it and it won't load it.

Combustion is what happens when a planet is from 18 minutes to eight and a half degrees from Sol.  The planet gets too close, and Sol burns it, which causes it to be 'injured' and it 'hides' to 'heal' itself.  So, when a planet is Combust of Sol, it is seen to be hidden (excuse the oxymoron).  Since Mercury does rule your Tenth and First, it can be deduced that your public image is hidden, so you're probably not going to be famous with your face plastered all over magazines.  The First house relates to health, so you don't like people thinking you're sick, so you hide your states of health.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Alrighty.

I drew the inverted Sword for your Mercury, which actually seems rather appropriate and rather 'duh'-ish to me.  The Sword relates to challenges or tests, think of the Sword as your opponent's armament.  So, you have to go beyond the Sword to get to the heart of the matter (or opponent), so in that same sense, the Sword can be seen as the distraction, but I don't think that's how it works this time.  Inversions tend to make it internalized or personal, so it makes you your own worst enemy in a sense.  Which would work out quite perfectly since it is dicussing your own Mercury.  So, it seems to me your Mercury is testing you to see how well you deal with it.  So, it's probably something you'll always have to deal with...

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 pm

So the cards do work. Im convinced that my Mercury is evil. Its combust, retrograde, and it testing constantly??  Is there a cure for this..  :smt010

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Awww...*hugs*
Im convinced that my Mercury is evil. Its combust, retrograde, and it testing constantly??
Ahahaha!  Evil Mercury!  We all have planets that aren't particularly friendly, but that doesn't make them evil.  It's the tests that make life interesting.
Is there a cure for this..
WILL POWER!!  :D  You're a Taurus, plowing through obstacles should be normal for you.

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 pm

I only have so much taurus for will power,  my mercury is suppose to be taurus as well... now thats wierd. I feel mercury is responsible for my lack of concentration and as ruler of my first and 10th house, which is house of my career, which i have a hard time figuring out. And the fact that you drew inverted sword on top of the stuff from my chart.... its a stab in the heart.  I was wondering, how do you figure out the amount of influence a planet has  compared to others. I bet my jupiter has alot. what do u think?

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:50 pm

The Lord of Genture is going to have the most to say about what's going on in your chart.  I don't know if we already figured this out for you or not...

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Ya my lord of genture was..  venus. Except, im not sure what that means. Im not sure the purpose of the lord of genture. Whats happens if my lord of genture is in venus? i dont think it has been mentioned in the post.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:00 am

Oh, it's just the planet you're most like, and the one you need to keep an eye on as far as transits and stuff goes.

Return to “Western Astrology Reading Forum”