Question About Saturn

All requests for readings using the western astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sagmoonrising

Question About Saturn

Post by sagmoonrising » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 am

Hello,

I'll be turning 35 this year and know that I will soon face saturn square saturn(midlife transit). I have natal saturn in the 8th house.  I've tried researching this aspect, but havn't been able to find much detailed information. Can any experienced astrologer help to shed some light on what issues I may face at that time?  If I need to post my natal chart please let me know!  I have read that if one has not dealt well with the issues from the Saturn Return then this time period would be more challenging. How would one know if they completed the lessons they were suppossed to during their first SR???

Thanks,
smr

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 pm

I have natal saturn in the 8th house

Traditionally, the eighth house was recognized as the house of death. Saturn in the eighth in a natal chart would mean a horrible death. Modern day astrologers have moved away from that line of thinking. Today we think of the eighth house as a house of resurrections. The eighth house symbolizes transformations through growth and change. As an individual you might need to re-invent yourself from time to time. The eighth house is opposite the second house, which symbolizes your attitude to possessions. In that sense the eighth house stands for your attitude to giving up relics of the past, so you can grow and change. Saturn in the eighth house can be a powerful influence. This influence will make you simply resist transformations, change and growth. You will find it very difficult to accept changes in your life. Any change will be stressful for you, bringing in anxiety and worry. Be aware of this influence. Understand that change is something that you don't react to well. Prepare for change. Take time to chart out a course or action plan whenever change is imminent. Read a book on managing change in your life or at work. Change, if managed well, can make your life richer and better.

Transiting Saturn square or opposite your natal Saturn. At this time, intentions that you have had in the past may be running at odds with what you are doing now. You may find that you have to adjust your goals to suit the more realistic expectations that you are aware of now that weren't apparent to you in the past. On the other hand, it is possible that the events of this time may take you completely by surprise and you could be met with an impasse that leaves you feeling uncertain of your direction in life. As such it is common to change careers or have a significant restructuring of your daily life at this time.

Airgon
Featured Reader

Post by Airgon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Its always good for this kind of question which involves
a fairly sophisticated approach to use in addition to
transiting Saturn the transits of Jupiter and the Secondary
Progressed Moon and evaluate this in the houses.

Typically, people are interested in Money issues and
relationship as per Career developments so one would
use houses involved ( perhaps 2nd for Money, and
5th and 7th for relationship and 6th and 10th for career )
and observe the affects of Saturn, Jupiter and Progressed
Moon on the rulers of these houses.

Just as a start of course - but at least that gives an idea
of what is what is who is when is how :)

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Saturn takes about 28-29 years to come full circle. Therefore, every 7 years or so, Saturn will transit conjunct, square, or opposite a natal point. When that natal point is an intensely personal planet or point (such as the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Mercury, Venus, or Mars), we feel its effects in an intensely personal way.

reference   http://www.cafeastrology.com/saturntransits.html

sagmoonrising

Post by sagmoonrising » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:43 pm

enumero123 wrote:I have natal saturn in the 8th house

Traditionally, the eighth house was recognized as the house of death. Saturn in the eighth in a natal chart would mean a horrible death. Modern day astrologers have moved away from that line of thinking. Today we think of the eighth house as a house of resurrections. The eighth house symbolizes transformations through growth and change. As an individual you might need to re-invent yourself from time to time. The eighth house is opposite the second house, which symbolizes your attitude to possessions. In that sense the eighth house stands for your attitude to giving up relics of the past, so you can grow and change. Saturn in the eighth house can be a powerful influence. This influence will make you simply resist transformations, change and growth. You will find it very difficult to accept changes in your life. Any change will be stressful for you, bringing in anxiety and worry. Be aware of this influence. Understand that change is something that you don't react to well. Prepare for change. Take time to chart out a course or action plan whenever change is imminent. Read a book on managing change in your life or at work. Change, if managed well, can make your life richer and better.

Transiting Saturn square or opposite your natal Saturn. At this time, intentions that you have had in the past may be running at odds with what you are doing now. You may find that you have to adjust your goals to suit the more realistic expectations that you are aware of now that weren't apparent to you in the past. On the other hand, it is possible that the events of this time may take you completely by surprise and you could be met with an impasse that leaves you feeling uncertain of your direction in life. As such it is common to change careers or have a significant restructuring of your daily life at this time.
Thank-you for your input  :)
I have to add that despite having saturn in the 8th house, I absolutely love change, however this maybe due to other aspects in my natal chart. If I live in a place for too long, work at a job for too long I feel intense anxiety and want to learn a different job and/or live somewhere else!!!  I've been in my current job for more than 2 years now( the longest job I've been in thus far!) and have been praying for a change in work because I've become so bored. I also have been wanting to move out of state for the past few years and I keep hitting wall after wall after wall no matter how hard I try.  This is where astrology comes in and I believe in "timing" of certain transits etc. that will eventually bring change to the life.  

I'm now hopeful and looking forward to my next saturn square at 35years because I'm just so bored with my life and how it's been over the past couple of years..LOL  

smr

sagmoonrising

Post by sagmoonrising » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Airgon wrote:Its always good for this kind of question which involves
a fairly sophisticated approach to use in addition to
transiting Saturn the transits of Jupiter and the Secondary
Progressed Moon and evaluate this in the houses.

Typically, people are interested in Money issues and
relationship as per Career developments so one would
use houses involved ( perhaps 2nd for Money, and
5th and 7th for relationship and 6th and 10th for career )
and observe the affects of Saturn, Jupiter and Progressed
Moon on the rulers of these houses.

Just as a start of course - but at least that gives an idea
of what is what is who is when is how :)
Thank-you Airgon-

I currently have saturn transit natal 10th house but will then transit the 11th house a few months after I turn 35. Virgo is the cusp of the 10th, Libra the cusp of the 11th.

Transit Jupiter just entered my 5th house(aries cusp) and will stay there until beginning of april 2012, age 34-35. Then will start transiting the 6th house (taurus cusp) for 1 year, age 35-36.

Natal moon is in the 1st house, my progressed chart shows the moon(21 degrees) on the cusp of the 3rd house w/in 1 degree, cusp of 3rd progressed chart is pisces, then about 8 degrees later is "intercepted(?)" by sign of aries. I don't know if the progressed chart is the same as the "secondary progressed moon"?  

If you're able to gather any details from the info above that would be so great.  If not I could attach a copy of my natal here if that would help.

Thanks again for any input you may have  :)
smr

Airgon
Featured Reader

Post by Airgon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:43 pm

it would be interesting to see the natal chart...

Return to “Western Astrology Reading Forum”