Need career reading and advice....

All requests for readings using the western astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

TaurusNinja

Need career reading and advice....

Post by TaurusNinja » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi, i need a good reading and some advice.... I'm 27 and pursuing a career as a singer/songwriter and in the future afterwards, gituar.  I have a decent to very good at times voice and I want to express my gifts and music as a whole to the world. I love music and more than 2 years ago a psychic told me that i'll be a musician in a few years. When I was little, used to hate music or didnt give a care in the world for it, but when my mom gave me my first album, I listened to it and ending up loving it. it was a Michael Jackson one(his third one after his second one, Thriller), later on when I finally watched him in his tour doing his patened Moonwalk, he ultimitely ended up as my childhood idol and icon. Over the years I've grown to appreciate music as a whole by listening to other artists and the rest was history. I never though that I would want to be a Recording Artist, but now, I do and I'm not going rest until I get the success, reconition, and appreciation I deserve. I'll do whatever it takes to make it, but overtime, I would also want creative control as well.

Here's my questions:

1. According to my chart, are there any natal aspects and possible transits that can be to my advantage or disadvantage?

2. If so, what talents do you think I'll be great at besides singing...Gituar or Songwriting?

3. The music style and genre I'm going for is either Heavy Metal, Goth Metal, or Grunge... According to the chart, which one would I be ending up taking when I pursue my career, and what style of lyrics do you think I would write about?

4. When I make it will I have staying power? If so, how can I keep the success going??

Here's my chart:

Name: Mike Quinn
D.O.B.: 05-10-1980
T.O.B.: 7:19pm
Time Zone: 5 Hours West
39N 17'25", 76N 36'45"

Chart Ruler[s]: Pluto/Mars(since it co-rules my asc.)

Sun in Taurus at 7th - 20 Deg, 25'
Moon in Aries at 5th - 01 Deg, 34'
Mercury in Taurus at 7th - 17 Deg, 30'
Chiron in Taurus at 7th - 14 Deg, 03'
Venus in Gemini at 8th - 29 Deg, 11'
Mars in Virgo at 10th - 02 Deg, 03'
Jupiter in Virgo at 10th - 00 Deg, 34'
Part of Fortune in Virgo at 11th - 22 Deg, 42'
Saturn in Virgo[Retrograde] at 10th - 20 Deg, 18'
Uranus in Scorpio[Retrograde] at 1st - 23 Deg, 42'
Neptune in Saggittarius[Retrograde] at 2nd - 22 Deg, 07'
Pluto in Libra[Retrograde] at 12th - 19 Deg, 35'
North Node in Leo[Retrograde] at 10th - 25 Deg, 19'
South Node in Aquarius[Retrograde] at 4th - 25 Deg, 19'
Midheaven in Leo
Ascendant in Scorpio at 1st - 11 Deg, 33'(on the decon of Pisces/Neptune)

House Postitions:

1st House in Scorpio
2nd House in Saggittarius
3rd House in Caparicorn *
4th House in Aquarius *
5th House in Pisces
6th House in Aries *
7th House in Taurus
8th House in Gemini
9th House in Cancer *
10th House in Leo
11th House in Virgo *
12th House in Libra

*- Empty house, no planets except for nodes!

Elemental Makeup by Planet, Nodes and Ascendant:

Fire= ***** (D)
Earth= ******** (D)
Water= **(counting asc.)
Wind= ***

Cardinal= *** (D)
Fixed= ****** (D)
Mutable= ******

(D)- Double Weighed only by Sun and Moon by 2x each

Thanks, and do the best you can.  :)

-mike

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:19 pm

First thing I noticed is that you don't have a very watery chart.  That's what I always thought a musicians chart would look like.  However, one thing I did notice is that your fifth house ruler is Pisces, which is quite beneficial.  Luna in Aries is also stationed here, so to go ahead and answer your second question, I think songwriting would be right up your alley.  The Lord of Pisces is in 0° of Virgo, a mutable Sign and the 0° planets are very, very sensitive.  So your creativity is heavily influenced by your emotion and outside environment, and it's best to put that into song.  Saturn is currently on top of your Fifth lord, move quickly to get what you need on paper before this time is over.

You're very mutable, so I don't know about 'staying power', but Sol and Mercury are in Taurus, and the Angles are all Fixed, so that may be enough to make you a staying person, Luna in Aries ought to give you a little extra pizzaz - which I think I spelled wrong - while Pallas being there ought to give you the ability to materialize what you feel.

Interesting enough, Jupiter is also Lord of the Second, which is your talents and skills, a House wherein Neptune has taken abode.  Learn from Neptune.  Feel and embrace.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Oh yeah, and by the way, neither Pluto nor Mars hold control over your chart.  I'm pretty sure your Lord of Genture is Venus.  I didn't really look into it that much, but just at first glance that's what it wound seem like.  So, since Venus is in Gemini and in the Eighth, I'm going to assume you write poetry and such concerning death and revelations and transformations.  It would seem to fit the music genres you listed.
Attachments
Venus sig.JPG
Just a little something showing off your Lord of Genture
Venus sig.JPG (32.75 KiB) Viewed 2974 times

TaurusNinja

Post by TaurusNinja » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:14 pm

Great! Ohh and one more thing.... If I make it, what advice can you give me to become an ultra talented singer and what type of singing could you suggest? Smooth, Grungy, or Gothy with a sligh bluegrass feel(similar to former Stone Temple Pilots singer)?? Becuase I know that singing is a taurus thing, and my north node/midheaven's in leo at the 10th house placement on my chart, representing public related tasks.
Last edited by TaurusNinja on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:22 pm

What advice can I give you to become a talented singer?  Well, practice and passion come to mind.

The Tenth house relates to public image, so the Tenth house Lord is Sol in Taurus in the Seventh.  As the Seventh house relates to the general 'others', it would seem that your talent is easily observed by those who assist you in your musical career.  You make a lasting impression.

A word of caution to this tale; without good friends you're sure to fail.

The Lord of your Tenth Combusts the Lord of your Eleventh.  Your public image and career may become more important than your friends if it hasn't already.

Prioritize.

TaurusNinja

Post by TaurusNinja » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:29 pm

Ok...and what type/style of singing could I do to make a lasting impression? Grungy, Smooth or Extremely Heavy Goth with a slight country/bluegrass Stone Temple Pliots feel their former lead singer made famous?

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:38 pm

These aren't questions you should be asking me as an astrologer.  These are questions you should be asking yourself as a person.

Astrology can tell many things, but I'm an astrologer second and a Leo first (Muahaha), and as such, I feel that personal passion should set the stage for anything one is willing to do.  If you want it, fight for it, but don't lose yourself in your battle.  What if I told you that none of those would work and you needed to sing blues?  Would you do it?  I would most certainly hope not.  Sing from your heart and allow your feelings to leak over into your song's message.  Singing with passion is the best thing anyone can do.

Follow your heart, go with your strengths, and hope for the best.  Instead of sticking to one specific genre of music, perhaps you should mix and match various styles with particular songs like your mutable chart would most likely enjoy.  Venus will flavor anything you wish to do, so just let her lead your hand and produce something powerfully personal.

So, I ask you.  What's your favorite genre to sing and write about?  The answer to that question will answer yours as well.  Personally, I enjoy anything with a violin.   :)

TaurusNinja

Post by TaurusNinja » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:47 pm

My most favorites to write and sing about would be Hard Rock(a la Def Leppard, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Bryan Adams,etc.. as example), and Goth Metal(Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Lacuna Coil, Chimara, etc...)  :)

ohh and since my 12th house pluto is in libra, the issues my songs would cover would certianly be pshycological about relationships since the 12th rules the inner sub-spirit.
Last edited by TaurusNinja on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Alrighty then.  Get to it. ;)

Good luck.

Return to “Western Astrology Reading Forum”