Would you like to read my chart? (first time!)

All requests for readings using the western astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AriesJupiter

Would you like to read my chart? (first time!)

Post by AriesJupiter » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 am

I have researched my birth chart quite extensively on my own, however, I am not a professional, and I would love to see what other people think!

I know that when I look at other people's charts, I tend to get a first impression, or an overall "feel"... I would love to see what people pick up on! Things that stand out, or whatever you happen to notice...

Any or all information is welcome! Tell me one thing or tell me ten! (or more!  :smt002 )

Can't wait to see what other people think! I have never had anyone else look at my chart before...

Thank you!!!  :smt006

edit: I first posted my Placidius chart, but then added Equal House & Koch House systems as well, for those of you who use those systems...
Attachments
My Edited Chart.jpg
My Edited Chart.jpg (153.7 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
Equal House Chart.jpg
Equal House Chart.jpg (151.74 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
Koch Birth Chart.jpg
Koch Birth Chart.jpg (153.81 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
Last edited by AriesJupiter on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mary_Quite_Contrary

Post by Mary_Quite_Contrary » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 am

The first thing I notice is that you have a HUGE "cup" or "bowl" in your chart.  This would suggest that there are areas of your life that you don't focus much on, particularly the interior life, the 3rd house to the 6th.  No planets there at all.  Also, that's a whole quadrant of the chart that's empty.  The upper half is the "outer" world, the lower half the "inner" world.  The left-hand side is "self" and the right-hand side is "the other."  Given the wealth of planets above the horizon, I'd say you tend to be very focused on the outer world and are probably an extrovert -- although the fact your sun is in the 12th house might mitigate that.  You might be a shy extrovert. *grin*  (They do exist.)  But extrovert or introvert, I doubt you spend a lot of time at home.  You have a "light" (sun and moon) in both left and right sides, but the fact that lower right quadrant is empty suggests that you don't have a lot of time or interest in the other-personal: e.g., your home, children, siblings, employees, etc.  ALTHOUGH an empty quadrant can, conversely indicate a longing FOR that, because you don't have it.  But either way, I'd say that's a "lack" -- either due to disinterest or circumstance.

When I read a chart, btw, I ignore most of the asteroids; they're more for fine-tuning.

Both the lights are in "fire" signs, which goes back to my sense that you're probably somewhat extroverted, or would like to be.  Fire signs often are.  The Taurus Rising gives some grounding to that.  Fire needs earth, like air needs water, for balance.  The ruler of your sunsign (Ares) is in your second house, suggesting that you tend to identify with things/possessions.  Not necessarily in a wealth-conscious way (although it can be), but just that you are likely a person who has a favorite shirt, etc.  The fact the sun is in the 12th house, however, points -- again -- to some sort of shyness, or perhaps a tendency to shoot yourself in the foot at times.  It's close enough to the ascendant that it forms a loose conjunction, which points to some ego, but as the sun and rising signs are different, and the conjunction comes out of the 12th house, not the 1st, there is, again, some sort of barrier.

You have BOTH beatifics (Jupiter and Venus) in the 12th house, which mitigates a lot of the negative "feel" that house can have/produce, and may help protect you from hidden enemies.

The Moon is conjuct Uranus, both in the 8th house, both in Sagittarius.  I suspect you're drawn to *interesting* people, and perhaps people coming from "somewhere else."  It could be other countries, but at least people *not like you*.  This could also indicate itchy feet, and a wish to go places, although you might do so FOR others (sort of 'traveling salesman,' but not necessarily *that*).  But you'd enjoy it, I think.  Saturn is also part of this conjunction, if more distance, lending it a little seriousness/groundedness -- that's a good thing.  It can also indicate finances.

Last, Pluto sitting on your descendant in its ruling sign is something to take note of -- it could be good or bad, but it's a POWERful energy.  I have a very prominent Pluto myself (it's literally conjunct my Mercury at 0 separation), so it's a planet I get the good and bad of.  Pluto transforms.  It destroys, too, but to transform.  It also indicates DEPTH.  I study nothing by halves.  If I take up something, I dig down to the very root of it.  (In RL, for instance, I have a Ph.D.)  For you, Pluto's inexorable focus will be on one-to-one relationships.  This COULD be marriage, but is by no means restricted to that.  I can see this working out in a couple of possible ways.

1) You're drawn to powerful (even dangerous) people who tend to dominate you.
2) You have a series of powerful, profound (and even highly sexual) relationships that bloom and then die (sometimes spectacularly).
3) You find a person who will become your soul mate and knows you down to the root.

Note that all THREE of those could be true, but I'll bet at least one of them is.

So those are some of the main things I notice when I glanced over your chart.  It's by no means a *complete* reading, but I hope it gives something. :-)
--Mary

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:36 am

Wow, Mary-Quite-Contrary... That was amazing! You truly have a talent for reading into things and communicating! Thank you so much!
Like I say, I have studied my chart *in-depth* on my own, but somehow you managed to touch on things that were still new to me! Thank you!
Everything that you said was true! The bowl, Pluto, "shy extravert", Sun ruler in 2nd, Sagittarius/Uranus etc. (itchy feet, attracted to *different*)... Thank you so much! Great reading!   :smt002

Mary_Quite_Contrary

Post by Mary_Quite_Contrary » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:17 am

Glad I could help!  I really like looking at charts in a holistic way. :-)
--Mary

Return to “Western Astrology Reading Forum”