Career indicators in chart - help!

All requests for readings using the western astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

squiddaisy

Career indicators in chart - help!

Post by squiddaisy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:42 am

Hi All,

I'm looking to have my chart read in terms of what jobs/careers are indicated in my natal chart. My birth info is as follows:

Name: Jessica
DOB: Oct. 19, 1986
Time: 1:51pm
Rising Sign: (Supposedly Aquarius 00 degrees- right on the cusp of Capricorn)
Chinese: Fire Tiger (Born at mid-day- this means I'll have a rocky life, or something??)
Myers-Briggs Personality type: ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving type)

So, it seems I have a lot of  chart indicators for job/careers but I am really confused right now. I'm 25 with an undergrad BA (In Sociology and Italian Studies) and a lot of varied and unrelated travel and work experiences. I'm unsure of what I want to do, what my calling is, and even what it is I'm good at. In the past two years since I've graduated, I have learned a few things, however. I like working with people, I'm compassionate, I like autonomy, I'm good at organizing others, I like working with children, but not teaching them, I like comforting them and tending to their emotional needs more so than I like helping them learn to spell, do math, etc. I was thinking I would be frustrated for this reason if I became a teacher. I was thinking nursing instead but I have a lot of beef with Western Medicine, prescription drugs, insurance companies, and apathy for true wellness and preventative medicine in the american healthcare system, so that's kind of out too. For a young woman in the U.S. without direction, these seem to be the most obvious routes.

I also have an artistic turn of mind and enjoy taking fine art film photography- but it's mainly just a hobby. I also like collage. I am a good writer but find  it difficult to put together a succinct argument for essays so I feel like journalism wouldn't do. Also I hate working at the computer and get carpal tunnel symptoms after a short period of office-type work. I enjoy singing and have a natural talent for it despite never having studied. Problem is I am very nervous in front of people and don't understand music theory or know how to play an instrument so music is fairly inaccessible to me.

Some chart highlights that are pertinent to career that I know of so far:

Jupiter in Pisces supposedly indicates the healing arts. This configuration is in my second house so it seems to suggest this is a money making chart aspect?? I've also heard it can mean publishing?

My Mercury and Venus are perfectly conjunct in my tenth house of career, this indicates beauty in speech, singing and writing, which are apparent to me (I also have a certain grace and poise, elegance about me- people always used to ask if I was a ballerina and I am not.) So this could indicate singing, writing and art in general?

This Venus/Mercury conjunction is in Scorpio in the 10th house, which I've heard indicates research, cutting or surgery, acupuncture, and intensity in general. Both are very near my MC or Midheaven, with my Taurus Moon in the 4th house directly opposite near my IC...not exactly sure what this means. I think Freud and some other great psychoanalysts had this chart aspect.

Saturn is in my 10th house in Sagittarius- this may indicate a delay in success?

Pluto is in my 9th house in Scorpio very close to the Midheaven or MC, which seems to indicate power? Barack Obama and some politicians seems to have this chart aspect.

My Moon is my oriental planet and is almost 180 degrees behind my sun (Libra in the 9th house) maybe indicating counseling?

My Neptune is in Capricorn in the 12th house, I hear this can also have something to do with career.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jess
Attachments
natal chart 10-19-1986 with transits as of 7-21-2012.gif
Here is a astro.com graph of my natal chart with current transits as of 7-21-2012
natal chart 10-19-1986 with transits as of 7-21-2012.gif (110.77 KiB) Viewed 5060 times

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:43 am

Moved to the western astrology forum,

RishiRahul

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Well done for posting your chart from astro.com my favourite site.

Midheaven – What to look for in career
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... ff05f50621

I'm not surprised with Venus conjunct MC, but venus is also retrograde (going backwards) so venus maybe delayed until you are older or mid life perhaps.
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... c623fb80a9

"Scorpio Midheaven knows what they want and how to get it. They are self-motivated and not afraid to go after what they want. Once they decide which direction to take, they will go to almost any length to achieve their goal and make their mark on the world. They can go too far, however, and exhaust themselves. To succeed, they need a place of safety to recuperate and become inspired again. Learning to keep some of their reserves may take a while. They need to understand the limits of their own personal power within the wider world.

Scorpio Midheaven understands the basic truths of existence. Because of this, they can truly sympathize with others and can find the strength needed to achieve their potential. They learn how to deal with personal limits and assist with difficult decisions. Careers may center on research, criminology, hypnosis, psychology, acting, energy healing, therapy or social science. A change of career at some time is not unexpected. It is their goal to shine the light upon that which was once dark and unknown.

Transformation is nothing new to those with a Midheaven in Scorpio. While transitions are very intense for them, they also understand that they will survive. Because of this deep understanding of the darker side of life, they can skillfully maneuver through difficult situations. Childhood traumas may impact their lives significantly, but they have been able to deal with it. It may cause them to want their own control, however, and not be under anyone's thumb. Ultimately, they must be willing to commit their all to something. Would they be willing to die for it, either figuratively or literally? Passion is what the Scorpio Midheaven is all about, and passion must be brought to the table for them to succeed.

Individuals with a Midheaven in Scorpio can easily indulge themselves too much, and become frustrated and angry when they cannot get what they want. Learning to let go of things and desires will make them more successful and happier in the long run.

Those with a Scorpio Midheaven are at their prime when they are balancing their feelings with their intellect. Jumping to conclusions will cause strife. Reality needs to sink in. If they can understand their inner selves they can deal with emotions without becoming overwhelmed. Change is their friend...they need to creatively use their innate determination, courage and healing capacity to facilitate it."
http://www.alwaysastrology.com/scorpio-midheaven.html

Now in Equal hous system ruler of MC Pluto would be 10th house
Equal house
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 21b5d66889

"Ruler of the Tenth House in the Tenth House
You have a strong sense of duty towards your career and/or your public reputation. You will probably rise to a position of authority within your career and you could have a strong desire to be your own boss. An authority figure, perhaps even your father, influenced your career or your attitude towards it
Ruler of the Tenth House in the Ninth House
Your career could require long distance travel or even travel overseas. You can teach what you have already been successful at. In other words you could teach others your career. You may have a strong sense of duty towards religious principles or a spiritual path of some kind. Perhaps you want to be responsible for your own higher education and/or developing your own belief system."
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/ho ... s.htm#hr10

"Venus conjunct Midheaven
You may want beauty to feature in your public life. You may choose a career in the arts or the beauty/fashion industry, and you may beautify your surroundings at work. Careers that have something to do with the subject of grace, art, beauty etc, could feature strongly in your chosen profession. A good placement for a Diplomat. The cosmetics industry would probably be a satisfying outlet. A number of  people surveyed in the film industry, who have this particular placement follow occupations in which they take on the role of beautifying others in the makeup department, prior to the actors going in front of the cameras. There may be a desire for a job, career or a profession that is more attractive than the average run of the mill type occupations. a job, career or any occupation that involves getting oneself dirty, soiling ones hands, anything grubby or unclean would not sit comfortably for anyone with this configuration. Anything associated with the arts, drama, culture anything that has a degree of refinement will certainly appeal."
http://rugdeeaustralia.tripod.com/id18.html

Your sun is *unaspected*
"UNASPECTED SUN
Eugene Moore's interpreation that is unaspected Sun individual behaves like an island-unto-himself type seems right to me. When unaspected, the Sun's autonomous,self-governing nature can be even more emphasized. This condition should accentuate an independent spirit, but not always in a wholesome, well-balanced manner. A heavily aspected Sun natally would suggest one who is driven to gain recognition and honor in the external world. thru a vibrant, confident display of one's abilities. Such an individual makes an effort to attract attention and be openly admired or praisedddd for his achievements in order to feel ego-fulfilled. Thus, he consciously attempts to radiate his energies in a manner insuring a direct impact upon his environment. However, the unaspected Sun individual seems less driven to exteriorize himself. He appears less overtly glory-seeking,and thus makes little effort to secure center-stage positioning. Nevertheless, he is motivated to focus upon his own self-importance, holding himself in high regard. Self-esteem and self-pride are important to him, whether reinforced by his environment or not. As his strength and integrity come from a subjective source, he is less dependent upon outer relationships for ego-support. He can be very rooted within his own inner core of being, regardless of how unstable or chaotic his external surroundings are. Such intense self-centeredness may make him appear unresponsive and aloof, almost as he is totally absorbed within his own self-made world.

The inner nature does not associate itself very well with other facets of the character, determined by the other planets. Thus one's individuality is seldom stimulated into full expression, although it may e one-pointedly evident in a singular area of one's life. Planets connected with the Sun by aspect gain a greater sense of their own purposeful strength. Being thus tied in with one's vital ego structure, they are brought more into conscious, creative expression and given a firmer sense of direction thru the positive active of the will. With an unaspected Sun, the remaining planets still function, but without a dominant central life theme to revolve around. They neither help nor hinder the individual's main objectives, but only because they are not directly related to such objectives. Perhaps the drives of these planets are forced to take the back seat, in which they are experienced as mere secondary needs given less attention and development. Instead, the individual may be more intent upon the exclusive development of his pure solar characteristics. "
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 4071918f7c

your mercury is well aspected conjunct venus and trine jupiter, this could suggest writing talent. Another avenus I suggest would be martial arts, sports, something risky as your mars square pluto is tight and needs to be doing something physical. How about mountain climbing, bungjee jumping??

"Mars square Pluto
The square formed between Mars and Pluto produces a forceful nature. Often your actions can be described only as reckless. Yet you are cautious and secretive about your projects, especially as you mature and develop. When frustrated, you may become abusive and display much temper. This aspect suggests that your sexual drive is strong, and may not be well controlled at times. This is a very physical aspect needing control and channeling. When you can control actions, this aspect can be positive as it shows a penchant for eliminating, by force, the unacceptable and unnecessary in your life. You can develop a very focused concentration on progressive issues."
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maspl

I do hope this stimulates your appetite for astrology. Any further astrological questions please don't hesitate to ask, this is what I'm here for...
I’m a Professional Certified Modern Western astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience, so please visit MYTRIBE where you can access and learn all about astrology for free on a non commercial environment, where you can ask questions & post charts.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... anings.jpg
This slide shows the meanings of the planets

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... houses.jpg
this slide shows the house meanings, natural house rulers and notice the compass points are reversed? this is not a mistake
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Western Astrology Reading Forum”