Elective surgery in less than two days (URGENT!) - success or complication indicators?

All requests for readings using the western astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Lorin

Elective surgery in less than two days (URGENT!) - success or complication indicators?

Post by Lorin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:22 am

Still a novice.  Still learning.  Surgery is vasectomy, so understandably nervous about potential complications.  I've read way too much about post vasectomy pain syndrome and how long it can last. .  

Scheduled for 10/30 at 10:30am.   Here are the things that seem favorable - moon is waning, which I read is good.  Mars will not yet have gone retrograde (about two weeks later).  Mars is conjunct my Mercury, which I think is good?  Or maybe it's supposed to be more the other way around . . .

Known bad: moon is void-of course.  Enough good aspects to balance this out? And there is ]this:
The void-of-course Moon has some caveats, naturally. William Lilly said in Christian Astrology that the Moon can not be considered to be truly void when it is in Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius or Pisces. His exact words are that in these signs (the Moon’s Rulership, Exaltation, and the two signs ruled by Jupiter), the Moon “performeth somewhat.” J. Lee Lehman has worked with these void Moons and in her experience, while events didn’t unfold in the way that she would have expected them to (or indeed, in the way that they would have normally occurred), the outcomes were consistently very favorable.

I'm including my regular transist chart and grid, as well as my progressed chart and grid.  If this were you, would you have the surgery?

Transit wheel (inner natal):
Grid:

Progressed wheel (inner natal):
Progressed Grid:

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:44 pm

I am moving this request into the Western Astrology Reading forum, and am raising its level of urgency in the subject heading, because of the time of your surgery being so close.

All the best,

EoT  :smt003

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 am

no idea what you are worrying about here, mars and mercury are not retrograde, so get on with it
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Lorin

Post by Lorin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:43 pm

astrologer50 wrote:no idea what you are worrying about here, mars and mercury are not retrograde, so get on with it
Well, perhaps I had cause to worry.  I ended up getting epididymitis after the 3/30 surgery.  It was painful and debilitating.   My family had to postpone our April Make-a-Wish trip to Disney World in honor of our cancer-survivor son.  

The Dr prescribed a couple of antibiotics to help get rid of the epididymitis.  Apparently, these destroyed my gut flora to the point that I got a mild case of C. Diff.  I was prescribed another, targeted antibiotic for this, which began to work right away.  While the stomach issues got better quickly, the side effects made the new antibiotic intolerable.  

I got off them and tried natural antibiotics like oregano and colloidal silver.  While the symptoms returned a bit, eventually they abated.  I still have to be cautious with what I eat, but the intestinal problems have mostly resolved.  However, I'm still dealing with epididymits.  It is not as severe as it was, but it is still rather debilitating.   I have to be careful about lifting anything - including my 3-year old (despite his protests).  Intimacy with my wife has understandably been impacted.  And now our rescheduled Disney trip is less than two weeks away (6/21).  I feel like I'll be able to go, but I don't know how it will effect overall enjoyment for my family and myself.  I felt nearly normal last week - lot of exertion with no adverse effects.  However, it has gotten a bit worse in the last two days.  I'm having to be very careful again about overdoing it.  I feel weighed down.  

I don't know what in my chart could have predicted this.  Mars was not retrograde at the time of the surgery, but it went retrograde a couple of weeks later, starting at 9°, which is exactly conjunct my Mercury.   It then passed over my mars and sun, both at 1° Sagittarius.  While it's now in Scorpio, retro-mars is still technically conjunct these two.   I have to hope that when it finally stations, all of this will go away.  However, I have to contend with the medical literature that states that epididymitis that lasts over 6 weeks is classified as "chronic" (vs. just acute).  It's so much better than it was though, that I have to hope that despite entering "chronic" territory, it will continue to lessen and I will return to normal soon.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Goofy

Post by Goofy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:24 pm

G'day Lotin, I feel everything will be OK, it's wise not to worry about things that might not happen, live in the now.  

I've lived with a chronic injury since I was 6 years old, I am now 52 years old and I still don't take pain killers. Pain and discomfort are always enhanced by living in the past and future, truly, try to live in the now and you will cope a lot better. This won't stop you from suffering in the present but it will assist you in dealing with this kind of thing a lot better.

Love and best wishes.
“There is nothing mystical about the unknown only the known, so if you are questioned about your beliefs in mysticism just say it’s only mystical to you as you not the understanding of something more than you believe!!!”.....Love Mathew

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:17 am

If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.
Source: Dalai Lama XIV
Every time we use the present to stress about the future, we’re choosing to sacrifice joy today to mourn joy we might not have tomorrow.
Source: Lori Deschene
Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
Source: Corrie ten Boom

Return to “Western Astrology Reading Forum”