Can I Study Astrology???

All requests for reading using the vedic astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

NoBody

Can I Study Astrology???

Post by NoBody » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:26 am

hi

i am nobody...

but i want to study astrology, i know from ur birth chart u can determine whether u r equipped to study astrology or not i m posting my data so can anyone tell if i can do it or not... thanx in advance.....

DOB 10th may 1979
POB New Delhi (India)
TOB 03:25 (what a time to trouble ur mom)

and can some one predict if there is anything good in my life..... please

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 am

For everyone;
Believe in yourself...believe that you can be "what you put your mind to"...Work towards your goal with determination, and you might become that.

For Nobody :)
If your chart tells you that you can be an Astrologer....then it will not give it to you.....but you will have to ;

"""Believe in yourself...believe that you can be an Astrologer...Work towards your goal with determination, and you will become an Astrologer."""

dheaven

Post by dheaven » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Ask something else like...
Do i wanna study Astrology?
Keep it simple...yes or no...
Basic Astrology - Math
Medium Astrology - Experience
Expert Astrology - all above + intuition

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:21 pm

I've found that when doing people's charts that the things that they have an interest in are the things that show in their charts as well.  You wouldn't have the interest if if it wasn't already there in the chart!  :)  Sometimes the interest waxes and wanes depending on the chart, but go for the things that call to you.

BTW:  don't worry about the time to trouble your Mom (when you were born).  She was awake anyway.  ;)

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:28 am

Beautifully answered to Nobody,  by Rhutoji , dheaven and youdhji, I can say here.

I enjoyed nobody's words on calling himself troubler to his mom. As a lady I can say, the time of delivery is the wonderful moment  in woman's  life, which every lady wish to have at least once in her life time.  Only woman are blessed to enjoy the greatest happiness of that pleasure,( once she  happens to see her baby after its birth. )I trust Nobody would have heard this views from his mother.  If not i wish, he should trouble his mother   now , to  have her  views please.

Dear nobody, if u have willingness and strong desire to learn astrology, then go ahead, with firm determination U could learn it . Nothing is impossible. All the very best for learning, and hearty welcome to Mystic board now.  Sure u can learn astrology, if u read all lessons here., taught by our Rishiji and vivekji. I am also your co learner here.

Regards,

JaiDixit

Go for it

Post by JaiDixit » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Nobody ,

I had asked a similar question on this board few months ago.Our dear Jyotishi Shri RRji emphatically said that I cannot become a Jyotishi, but offered a valuable advice which goes like  "Anyone can learn to take pictures as a hobby but not everyone can become a professional photographer!" I hope you get the drift.I very much respect RRji's take on my chart. I want to learn Jyotish because I like the subject. It teaches you a whole new perspective about life. So what if cannot become a Jyotishi? I will try my best to understand whatever I can. I'm learning Jyotish from the lessons offered by RishiRahulji and the good thing about their course is that they take all questions seriously and keep it interactive.

Excercise your little free will given to you and start learning Jyotish;)

Regards,
Jai

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Wonderful suggestion  to nobody and beautiful decision of yourself dear  Jai. Keep reading ,One day ( i still have hopes ) U can be called Jyothishi.  I know your dedication and love towards Astrology well.

warm wishes ,

yours Aunty,

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone,
Will try to put few technical points in brief(coz of lack of time)about being an astrologer.
I read a while ago about this topic written by Sanjay Rath ji.

Few points i remember are as follows :-
Relationship of panapara houses i.e. 2,5,8,11 with Rahu,Jup or Mercury..
Relation with Rahu will give more interest towards research related to astrology..

Also relation of Atmakaraka with 11th house also makes person good astrologer.
Also in D-9 relation between 5th and 9th house gives inherent capability.(Thi im not sure was there or not).

Regards,
Raman

Rohiniranjan

Re: Go for it

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:18 pm

JaiDixit wrote:Nobody ,

I had asked a similar question on this board few months ago.Our dear Jyotishi Shri RRji emphatically said that I cannot become a Jyotishi, but offered a valuable advice which goes like  "Anyone can learn to take pictures as a hobby but not everyone can become a professional photographer!" I hope you get the drift.I very much respect RRji's take on my chart. I want to learn Jyotish because I like the subject. It teaches you a whole new perspective about life. So what if cannot become a Jyotishi? I will try my best to understand whatever I can. I'm learning Jyotish from the lessons offered by RishiRahulji and the good thing about their course is that they take all questions seriously and keep it interactive.

Regards,
Jai
And I am still waiting to see if you can prove me wrong ;-)

I have difficulty understanding the way some/many approach jyotish! They first decide that they will become jyotishis and then begin studying! In a pragmatic ant's perspective, I would first try to read a bit about jyotish, dip my toe in the ocean, and gradually begin to go deeper (no committment at that point yet!) and if the two are made for each other, jyotish and jyotishi, then such marriages last a lifetime, perhaps longer than a lifetime.

The situation is very much like many reading requests where individuals ask, "Is there lovemarriage in my life?"

Isn't that ridiculous? They will first make sure that they have love marriage in their life, certified by an astrologer and then go looking for the girl of their life! And yes, males generally ask such questions more often than girls! In fact girls/women generally don't ask about "will I become a jyotishini?" either. They just sail into it. Perhaps the wiser gender knows something that we boys have yet to learn or figure out! Maybe that is why they make better parents in general than men! Love is not a goal for them, it just is a reality of human experience!

But I digress!

RR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi Everyone,
Will try to put few technical points in brief(coz of lack of time)about being an astrologer.

Relation with Rahu will give more interest towards research related to astrology..

Also in D-9 relation between 5th and 9th house gives inherent capability.(Thi im not sure was there or not).

Regards,
Raman
Many happy returns of this auspicious day when you graced this world, Raman!!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:58 am

Regards,
Raman

I am glad to reflect that as per these rules, a large number of folks in this world would be able to become jyotishis!

Four out of 12 houses involved
Three planets
Atmakaraka and 11 association
And the D9-D5 factor

Maybe some of the 'statisticians' and math-heads can do the probability analysis for our education and inform us -- that assuming normal distribution in the nearly 7 billion strong world-population, how many jyotishis (of varying degrees) should the world have at this time?

When doing your math, please remember that much less than 1/10th of world population has internet and so if your numbers come up higher than what we see on the internet, probably there is an underestimation involved!

RR

JaiDixit

Post by JaiDixit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:26 am

rohiniranjan wrote:

Regards,
Raman

I am glad to reflect that as per these rules, a large number of folks in this world would be able to become jyotishis!

Four out of 12 houses involved
Three planets
Atmakaraka and 11 association
And the D9-D5 factor

Maybe some of the 'statisticians' and math-heads can do the probability analysis for our education and inform us -- that assuming normal distribution in the nearly 7 billion strong world-population, how many jyotishis (of varying degrees) should the world have at this time?

When doing your math, please remember that much less than 1/10th of world population has internet and so if your numbers come up higher than what we see on the internet, probably there is an underestimation involved!

RR
I do qualify using the above formula  :smt002 . I have Merc in 8th and my AtmaKaraka Guru albeit retrograde has a graha drishti on 11th   :smt020

Aug 2 1974
5:00 PM
Bangalore, India

But I'm afraid there is more to it than just the formula. I like RRji's pragmatic approach. He simply goes by statistics and real data.

No offenses to anyone

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 am

Dear Jai,

I appreciate your way of answer now. Still I wonder why there is tug off war between U, me and RRji about U,  becoming Jyothish  from the past few months ?  I wish, U must prove  Yourself to be an astrologer . I saw u giving your birth details in every thread , really appreciate your nice heart , that you are motivating people learn more through your chart.  Thanks for that JAI.

Do U notice our RRji blessing Raman for his Birth day today?  I still have doubt whether his date of birth given in his profile is correct  or not? Raman must answer here. If  it is correct , Let us all bless him today . I wish moderators should recheck this details again. I found many details to be wrong now.

Regards,

JaiDixit

Re: Go for it

Post by JaiDixit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:58 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
JaiDixit wrote:Nobody ,

Regards,
Jai
And I am still waiting to see if you can prove me wrong ;-)

I have difficulty understanding the way some/many approach jyotish! They first decide that they will become jyotishis and then begin studying! In a pragmatic ant's perspective, I would first try to read a bit about jyotish, dip my toe in the ocean, and gradually begin to go deeper (no committment at that point yet!) and if the two are made for each other, jyotish and jyotishi, then such marriages last a lifetime, perhaps longer than a lifetime.

The situation is very much like many reading requests where individuals ask, "Is there lovemarriage in my life?"

Isn't that ridiculous? They will first make sure that they have love marriage in their life, certified by an astrologer and then go looking for the girl of their life! And yes, males generally ask such questions more often than girls! In fact girls/women generally don't ask about "will I become a jyotishini?" either. They just sail into it. Perhaps the wiser gender knows something that we boys have yet to learn or figure out! Maybe that is why they make better parents in general than men! Love is not a goal for them, it just is a reality of human experience!

But I digress!

RR
Boys will remain boys unless they get guidance from giANTs like you  RRji  :smt002

JaiDixit

Post by JaiDixit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 am

prasanna wrote:Dear Jai,

I appreciate your way of answer now. Still I wonder why there is tug off war between U, me and RRji about U,  becoming Jyothish  from the past few months ?  I wish, U must prove  Yourself to be an astrologer . I saw u giving your birth details in every thread , really appreciate your nice heart , that you are motivating people learn more through your chart.  Thanks for that JAI.

Do U notice our RRji blessing Raman for his Birth day today?  I still have doubt whether his date of birth given in his profile is correct  or not? Raman must answer here. If  it is correct , Let us all bless him today . I wish moderators should recheck this details again. I found many details to be wrong now.

Regards,
I'm not into any tug of way aunty! I'm just a small fish sailing along with dolphins  :smt004

Return to “Vedic Astrology Reading Forum”