Bad days ahead!: Yellow sapphire stone on Middle finger ...

All requests for reading using the vedic astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

JaiDixit

Bad days ahead!: Yellow sapphire stone on Middle finger ...

Post by JaiDixit » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:10 am

Date of birth : Aug 2 1974
Time of birth : 5:00 PM
Place of birth : Bangalore, India
Rashi : Makara
Star : Uttarashada

I live in USA and my in-laws routinely consulted an astrologer about my job change prospects. To their surprise the astrologer strongly suggested that I'm running a very phase of my life and adviced me to be very careful. As an immediate remedy he suggested me to wear a ring with Yellow sapphire stone on the middle finger worn on January 20th or on February 17 besides doing pooja for Lord Laxmi Narasimha every Tuesdays and Fridays. I went to my local jewellery store to order the stone and they told me that it should be worn on index finger for best results beginning on any Thursday.

I'm confused now as to what to follow.

Its very difficult to get an appointment with the astrologer to reconfirm and he is very brief about what he says.

Could any Jyotish please answer my questions ?
1.Should I wear on the ring on the middle finger or on Index finger ?
2. What are the things I should watch out for ?

Rohiniranjan

Re: Bad days ahead!: Yellow sapphire stone on Middle finger ...

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:28 pm

[quote="JaiDixit"]Date of birth : Aug 2 1974

I live in USA and my in-laws routinely consulted an astrologer about my job change prospects. To their surprise the astrologer strongly suggested that I'm running a very phase of my life and adviced me to be very careful. As an immediate remedy he suggested me to wear a ring with Yellow sapphire stone on the middle finger worn on January 20th or on February 17 besides doing pooja for Lord Laxmi Narasimha every Tuesdays and Fridays. I went to my local jewellery store to order the stone and they told me that it should be worn on index finger for best results beginning on any Thursday.

Its very difficult to get an appointment with the astrologer to reconfirm and he is very brief about what he says.

2. What are the things I should watch out for ?[/quote]

Jai,

I am sharing with you what I was told by a wise brahmin long ago. Those were the times when in such matters, asking too many questions was considered rude, so although dying with curiosity, I could not bring myself up to probe and question as to the source of this information or whether he had tested in many cases or not. Obviously, this is not something from standard Classics of Jyotish, nearly NONE of which recommend that gemstones become effective astroremedies by the nativity wearing those on the finger or around the neck, etc.

Please do not take this as advice directed towards you, as well, as although I can see the verity of what he told me, I have not actually tested it enough to guarantee its efficacy or value.

What he shared with me was that the left hand in the case of female charts and the right hand in case of male charts was to be used for remedial purposes.

First house, moon, sun and jupiter: When more of these are in male (odd) signs and navamshas then it is a male chart and vice versa.

That out of the way, the fingers themselves did not represent the planets (the ring=sun, middle=saturn...) is a carry-over from modern palmistry (Cheiromancy). Many have agonized over this!

The index finger is sattwic, middle finger is tamasic and the ring finger is rajasik.

Depending on the 'purpose' for which the gemstone is being worn (S, T or R), the gemstone must be worn on the appropriate finger on the hand that corresponds to the gender of the horoscope (not nativity!).

The little finger is reserved for gemstones for the two nodes and nothing else!

[[For what it is worth, my advice would be to follow the advice of the astrologer who has studied your chart and given you specific consideration and remedial advice! The gemstone fellow probably does not even know what your chart looks like! Does that make sense?]]

dhirenderpratap

yellow sapphire in the neck

Post by dhirenderpratap » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello,

That makes sense. Thanks for this info... I used to wonder about - why specific finger.
One more query, if you might be knowing.

I am being advised to wear Yellow Sapphire in the neck and not in the finger. I was wearing it in my index finger since couple of years and then one Astrologer strongly suggested my Father to tell me to wear it in the neck as a pendant in gold.

I am wearing it now for about 1 week, but not 100% sure as to why in the neck and not in the finger.
May be you might know about this.?

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan

Re: yellow sapphire in the neck

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 am

dhirenderpratap wrote:Hello,

That makes sense. Thanks for this info... I used to wonder about - why specific finger.
One more query, if you might be knowing.

I am being advised to wear Yellow Sapphire in the neck and not in the finger. I was wearing it in my index finger since couple of years and then one Astrologer strongly suggested my Father to tell me to wear it in the neck as a pendant in gold.

I am wearing it now for about 1 week, but not 100% sure as to why in the neck and not in the finger.
May be you might know about this.?

Thanks,
just simple insurance! If the precious gemstone falls off (poor workmanship) it is less likely to get lost than from a ring!

Some people say that a stone touches the skin better when worn in a ring than a pendant.

I think that is an "old astrologer's tale"

A statement backed by zero evidence or documentation. But let us not open that pandora's box because you may find some of the "gemstones" and thoughts around their usage in that box as well...!

RR

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 am

Dear Jai ji,
Actually there r different outlooks towards remedial measures in astrology especially
related to gems.Coz as far as i remember there is not a clear mention about their usage
anywhere..Their usage is more based on personal expereinces of different astrologers.
I have also seen astrologers recommending native's to wear emrald in middle finger.

What is mentioned by Rohiniranjan ji is something which is also mentioned by PVR Narasimha rao ji also:-
He said
Thumb symbolizes Self and the other 4 fingers symbolize the
four Purusharthas.
o Ring finger - Dharma
o Middle finger - Artha
o Little finger - Kama
o Index finger - Moksha

Depending on which planet and purushartha you want to
strengthen, wear that type of gem on the corresponding finger.

Infact he has told not to wear any gem on index finger coz it is sattwik
and gems r rajasik solutions..

It is true that it is only in palmistry that different fingers r related to
different planets and NOT in astrology as far as i know...

So you see its all about approach you use or personal expereince..
And dont worry about your jeweller, I have met jewellers who believe that
emrald can be wore by everyone....
So dont worry about him :-)

Regards,
Raman

dhirenderpratap

Post by dhirenderpratap » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:41 pm

{{

just simple insurance! If the precious gemstone falls off (poor workmanship) it is less likely to get lost than from a ring!

Some people say that a stone touches the skin better when worn in a ring than a pendant.

I think that is an "old astrologer's tale"

A statement backed by zero evidence or documentation. But let us not open that pandora's box because you may find some of the "gemstones" and thoughts around their usage in that box as well...!
}}

Thank you Sir for the quick reply ..
I understand things more clearly now.

Thanks,

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Jai and All,

I read on one of the website...

It is always advisable to wear the rings of different gems on different fingers . As a general rule, the ring finger is the best for wearing rings, but as each finger is related to a particular planet, the ring should be worn on the finger connected with the planet .This belief is quite popular and sometimes we see people wearing rings on many fingers. There is also distinction between the right and left hand: the right hand is solar and the left hand is lunar. If a person seeks balance in life then he has to wear a ring with the gem, related with the planets Sun, Mars, Saturn,Rahu and Ketu on the left hand(i.e solar gems on the lunar hand). The gems related with Moon, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter should be worn on the right hand. Hence wearing gems on the appropriate fingers, would bring good health, prosperity, name and fame, saves one from wild animals, accidents, evil effects of poison and negative effects of ill-aspected planets.

I am still not sure...what is Right and what is not..may be learned one can clarify you better

Regards

ChanDubai

JaiDixit

Post by JaiDixit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi Ramanji, Chandubai

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread has been activated after like 8 months!

I just did that what RRji adviced then - To Listen to the Jyotishi. I'm wearing a 5.2 ratti yellow sapphire on my right middle finger.My wife was adviced to chant Lakshmi-Narasimha stothra ( debilitated Mars in Navamsha ? ) Things are much better now I should say though there have been some very anxious ,worrisome moments and increased expenditure during the past 8 months.

Regards,
Jai

balaji suresh

horoscope regarding

Post by balaji suresh » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:28 pm

your full birth details have not been given.based on your moon sign you cannot wear yellow sapphire as jupiter is lord of 3rd and 12th house it will do no good. thank u

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:45 pm

ChanDubai wrote:Hi Jai and All,

It is always advisable to wear the rings of different gems on different fingers . As a general rule, the ring finger is the best for wearing rings, but as each finger is related to a particular planet, the ring should be worn on the finger connected with the planet .This belief is quite popular and sometimes we see people wearing rings on many fingers. There is also distinction between the right and left hand: the right hand is solar and the left hand is lunar. If a person seeks balance in life then he has to wear a ring with the gem, related with the planets Sun, Mars, Saturn,Rahu and Ketu on the left hand(i.e solar gems on the lunar hand). The gems related with Moon, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter should be worn on the right hand. Hence wearing gems on the appropriate fingers, would bring good health, prosperity, name and fame, saves one from wild animals, accidents, evil effects of poison and negative effects of ill-aspected planets.

I am still not sure...what is Right and what is not..may be learned one can clarify you better

Regards

ChanDubai
Learned or not, I will voice my opinion anyway ;-)
It has to do with the convention which places the bride to the left (vamangini) and her groom (broom?) to the right. Also the para-spinal nadis have the lunar nadi on the left and the solar nadi to the right (Ida-Pingala etc).

In this thread I had given a different approach of finding the male and female charts and the use of gemstone on appropriate hand etc. If interested, please read that.

RR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
JaiDixit wrote:Date of birth : Aug 2 1974

Jai,

I am sharing with you what I was told by a wise brahmin long ago. Those were the times when in such matters, asking too many questions was considered rude, so although dying with curiosity, I could not bring myself up to probe and question as to the source of this information or whether he had tested in many cases or not. Obviously, this is not something from standard Classics of Jyotish, nearly NONE of which recommend that gemstones become effective astroremedies by the nativity wearing those on the finger or around the neck, etc.

Please do not take this as advice directed towards you, as well, as although I can see the verity of what he told me, I have not actually tested it enough to guarantee its efficacy or value.

What he shared with me was that the left hand in the case of female charts and the right hand in case of male charts was to be used for remedial purposes.

First house, moon, sun and jupiter: When more of these are in male (odd) signs and navamshas then it is a male chart and vice versa.

That out of the way, the fingers themselves did not represent the planets (the ring=sun, middle=saturn...) is a carry-over from modern palmistry (Cheiromancy). Many have agonized over this!

The index finger is sattwic, middle finger is tamasic and the ring finger is rajasik.

Depending on the 'purpose' for which the gemstone is being worn (S, T or R), the gemstone must be worn on the appropriate finger on the hand that corresponds to the gender of the horoscope (not nativity!).

[[For what it is worth, my advice would be to follow the advice of the astrologer who has studied your chart and given you specific consideration and remedial advice! The gemstone fellow probably does not even know what your chart looks like! Does that make sense?]]

Dear Dada,

The little finger for the nodes? I do wonder?

You said: 'The little finger is reserved for gemstones for the two nodes and nothing else!'....  That is a very strong comment or belief!?

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:08 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

Jai,

Dear Dada,

You said: 'The little finger is reserved for gemstones for the two nodes and nothing else!'....  That is a very strong comment or belief!?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul,

I am emboldening to highlight the information you asked, which was already in the original posting. Thanks for your attention ;-)

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:26 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

Jai,

Dear Dada,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul,

I am emboldening to highlight the information you asked, which was already in the original posting. Thanks for your attention ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Sorry I did not connect all of that...my mistake. But this relieves me of much doubt.

I wonder if all this finger thing, which I tend to believe too in a way, as it is told by our Gurus, does after all make so much difference in Real results?!

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:16 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

Jai,

Dear Dada,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Sorry I did not connect all of that...my mistake. But this relieves me of much doubt.

I wonder if all this finger thing, which I tend to believe too in a way, as it is told by our Gurus, does after all make so much difference in Real results?!

RishiRahul
RishiRahul ji Maharaj,

My answer to that is being highlighted AGAIN in DARKRED in original posting for easier spotting!

RR

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 am

Thank you Sir,

I did read your comments and thank you so much

For me it was not clear what if said planets (as you wrote below) most of them in fact all benafics for the native are in NEUTER's house?

appreciate your feedback

RR Ji Wrote:

//First house, moon, sun and jupiter: When more of these are in male (odd) signs and navamshas then it is a male chart and vice versa.

The little finger is reserved for gemstones for the two nodes and nothing else!//

Regards

ChanDubai

rohiniranjan wrote:
ChanDubai wrote:Hi Jai and All,

Regards

ChanDubai
Learned or not, I will voice my opinion anyway ;-)
It has to do with the convention which places the bride to the left (vamangini) and her groom (broom?) to the right. Also the para-spinal nadis have the lunar nadi on the left and the solar nadi to the right (Ida-Pingala etc).

In this thread I had given a different approach of finding the male and female charts and the use of gemstone on appropriate hand etc. If interested, please read that.

RR

Return to “Vedic Astrology Reading Forum”