Can I become a WRITER?

All requests for reading using the vedic astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:35 pm

You are very welcome, dear!

If you have not already, please read this:
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/steinbeck/steinbeck.html

There are many publications online which you can use to publish and get your name or pen-name recognizable -- while preparing for a tougher journey (requires 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration!) and just like sleep, eating, exercising, keep writing daily! Even if it is in a personal journal; words and sentences must flow naturally and become 2nd nature. It is like cleaning the pipes and keeping them clean and patent!

Very best of luck, now allons-y!

Rohiniranjan

newuser12

Post by newuser12 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Amazing link!! Thanks for sharing this with me! Never thought about reading on beginning writers or "how to write effective stories" but now I am feeling highly motivated. I am going to search more on this topic before my experiences find themselves getting transported from its virtual storage to the physical one  :-)

This is going to be a good start.. will definitely share my first story with you if you are interested. Your advice above is really precious to me. Thanks a lot!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 am

Rather interestingly (co-incidence? Synchronicity...??), today a magazine arrived after I posted a reading for you! It had an interesting article about writers! Bankim Chatterji and Tagore were the two charts discussed! I am intrigued by the novel (pardon the pun!) approach that the writer of the astro-article used!

I will look at a few charts of writers in my collection, and also your chart! May I share it on the discussion forum in Mystic Board Jyotish section? Without revealing your identity etc?? Of course (and hopefully...?), those who are tuned-in into that area are also remaining tuned-into this practical/more real/readings area and may manage to put two and two together! Would you be okay with that sharing, if I find something interesting, academically-speaking...?

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

newuser12

Post by newuser12 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:59 am

Of course ! You can share my chart in that particular forum (using some pseudo name for me). It already sounds music to my ears if my chart is going to be used for this purpose :-) You can ask me any questions to confirm something you come across while reading my chart. Thank you once again for your kind words (I wish I could have a good command on English just like you).

Honestly speaking, after your posts I am becoming more and more drawn to writing. I am a very organized person and once determined I do not stop until I reach my destination (perhaps like a true capricornian).

Thanks a lot!!

newuser12

Post by newuser12 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:46 am

Dear Rohiniranjan ji, a completely different question is on my mind.

I have always been interested in astrology. I was very good at palmistry in 1990s and practiced it a lot. Unfortunately, I could read negative things most of the time. Hence I stopped palmistry at all. I have the intuition line in my left hand only. In 1995-1996, I had been in very bad health (mainly due to depression) for a couple of years and used to have recurring dreams of accidents (not related to me, my family or friends) which actually happened. This scared me a lot as I felt as if it was again negative energies flow. :smt086

Since late 2012, I have become interested in astrology again. I use the charts of my close relatives (I remember birth-dates and even time) as my case studies including my own chart. Again, I feel I can read negative things most of the time in those charts... (Or perhaps try to find bad things in those relatives' charts who betrayed my family) :smt086 I don't like doing this as I feel I am turning into a bad person :smt086 This is pulling me back from my astrology study.

I feel I should not go in to astrology even as a harmless hobby. What do you suggest?   :smt087

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Rather interestingly (co-incidence? Synchronicity...??), today a magazine arrived after I posted a reading for you! It had an interesting article about writers! Bankim Chatterji and Tagore were the two charts discussed! I am intrigued by the novel (pardon the pun!) approach that the writer of the astro-article used!

I will look at a few charts of writers in my collection, and also your chart! May I share it on the discussion forum in Mystic Board Jyotish section? Without revealing your identity etc?? Of course (and hopefully...?), those who are tuned-in into that area are also remaining tuned-into this practical/more real/readings area and may manage to put two and two together! Would you be okay with that sharing, if I find something interesting, academically-speaking...?

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Well my dear, I hope I am not pumping you with too much hope, particularly since as I explained THIS is a new exploratory technique that I have recently come across and seems to hold some promise! According to it, on several counts, your chart has the indications of becoming a very successful author!

NOW QUIT DREAMING and gathering-wool, and GET WRITING...! :-)

Take care!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Divinatory subjects are a special category, or so I believe! If you are meant to be good and by that I mean in terms of being of service to others (why else spend time in it?), then "you will be called" to it, just as one is if meant to serve through healing!

In some ways, it is like finding the right god to pray to! I am somewhat amused when people request of astrologers, questions like: "Praying to which God/Goddess/Shakti... etc" would be the most beneficial or influential for me, as per my chart?"   Everything has gotten reduced to being a commodity option, these days! :-)

I can understand when they ask, "Guruji, buying which stock/commodity/option/ETF etc would bring me the highest yield?

If you are interested in occultism, sure it is a fascinating area, but if it is to become your pursuit, I can assure you, YOU WILL KNOW!

If it is causing you any discomfort, just lay it aside and it would come back if and when important. Depression, whether situational or biological colours our perception and when it strikes, perception becomes distorted and so does hopefully temporarily, our reality for those moments of the night of the soul, as it is called poetically by wordsmiths!

In fact no one should analyse charts etc when they are upset, too tired or otherwise stressed etc. AND definitely not when they are doing a serious reading (even if not professionally!). It just does not work as it is supposed to. Best to give it some rest for a bit until all the eddies die down into crystal calm clarity!

Pardon me for my long-toothed sermon ;-)

But shouldn't you be writing...? <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

morning.mirage

Post by morning.mirage » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 pm

What are the general planets/ planetary placements that give a person good writing skills?
I read somewhere that Ven and Mo help...and the placement of 5th L in 11th could make one a writer.
I have the latter combination..conjunct my 10th/7th L...and I have a keep interest in writing...both poetry and prose.
I'd be more regular with it if my attention span were longer..lol.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 pm

morning.mirage wrote:What are the general planets/ planetary placements that give a person good writing skills?
I read somewhere that Ven and Mo help...and the placement of 5th L in 11th could make one a writer.
I have the latter combination..conjunct my 10th/7th L...and I have a keep interest in writing...both poetry and prose.
I'd be more regular with it if my attention span were longer..lol.
Tch, tch!   :smt009
Editors are fierce beasts, veritable DRAGONS!

They look unkindly on syntax such as noted above in red bold!
:smt018
An easy-going friend may give the benefit of doubt and say, "Maybe he meant to type "n" instead of 'p'...", but not the editors...!

Rohiniranjan

morning.mirage

Post by morning.mirage » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 pm

I somehow knew you were gonna notice that..lol.
Could you correct the syntax error for me, so I can learn?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:00 pm

morning.mirage wrote:I somehow knew you were gonna notice that..lol.
Could you correct the syntax error for me, so I can learn?
Are you a touch typist or a 'hunt and peck' type?

RR

morning.mirage

Post by morning.mirage » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 pm

You could say that, I guess..lol.
But seriously, I was far more observant and , perhaps, even a borderline perfectionist or a 'Grammar Nazi' before the onset of my Ket MD.
I'm a scattered mess right now. Both emotionally and otherwise.

newuser12

Post by newuser12 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:11 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:your chart has the indications of becoming a very successful author!

NOW QUIT DREAMING and gathering-wool, and GET WRITING...! :-)

Take care!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan wrote:But shouldn't you be writing...? <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan ji, you are just awesome!! &nbsp; :smt003 I am feeling great after reading your replies. I am all set for a new chapter of my life and my first story after so many years &nbsp;:smt024

Many thanks and hugs to you!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:43 am

morning.mirage wrote:You could say that, I guess..lol.
But seriously, I was far more observant and , perhaps, even a borderline perfectionist or a 'Grammar Nazi' before the onset of my Ket MD.
I'm a scattered mess right now. Both emotionally and otherwise.
Perhaps your problem is simpler than you think it should be!

You have fallen in love with this star and planet thing, while they have not, fallen for you!

When your query was about WRITING! ;-)

Lose sight of your PRASHNA, and it soon becomes a meaningless venture! Writing, Marriage, Fame, Wealth -- whatever...! ;-)

Prashna-Jyotish Rule#101!

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology Reading Forum”