hello

All requests for reading using the vedic astrology method, should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:42 am

Abhishek,

Good guidelines! I run my readings only board on yahoo (jyotish-vani group) on exactly the same principles and did the same on astroexpert.com Please Explain forum earlier.

I generally like to respond to such casual requests on internet not based on the emergency room type requests that float around.

If there is such emergency -- you are already too late and beyond astrology being capable of helping you, forum members. You will only attract the heavies -- the tantrics and those who pose as tantrics!

Good luck and my prayers be with you!!

Rohiniranjan

Anbhi

Post by Anbhi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:42 pm

Dear respected site admin and respected readers,

I agree that guidelines are needed, and I agree that the guidelines outlined above are very good.  

However, I would like to make an appeal on behalf of novices as myself.  I am a novice to Vedic Astrology, and really do not have the confidence or knowledge to offer solutions or insights to anyone.  It is not that I am not willing to contribute, but rather, that I am still learning, and not quite ready to contribute usefully.

In discouraging readers from responding to those who have not posted much, I believe the harm that will come is that those who are not sure of what they are saying will respond just for the heck of it (and I have seen that, just reading through posts).  If I were someone requesting a reading (and I have), I would much rather receive comments from someone who knows what they are saying, rather than someone who is guessing, or not completely informed (half knowledge can be dangerous!), but who is responding simply so that they can increase their number of posts.

I feel that a more beneficial guideline, that would also increase/maintain the quality of this forum, would be that readers choose requests based on how interesting the reading would be, or how useful the reading would be, or how much knowledge the reading of a particular situation or chart would impart to the viewers.  This would keep the quality of the readings high, the quality of the requests high, and would attract those as myself, who are genuinely interested in this area, and who may, as our knowledge increases, start responding to simpler requests, to which we are sure of the answers.

I myself have learned quite a lot from reading through some very good posts, just in the last two days since I've found this forum.  And I've also come across responses from people that were not well informed, and that I felt prevented the requester of the reading from getting the full benefit of a more complete reading from a more knowledgeable person, had some novice not jumped in.

So please, I request that you reconsider that particular guideline.

Thank you very much for providing such a useful and informative forum, from which many can benefit.  I wish all the best to the administrators, and to the readers, without who all of this would not be possible!

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 am

i think its good

i learned astrology (still learning it) to have an insight to my problems... i ve posted certain querries regarding my horoscope and rishirahul ji thankfully gave some time to it

i ve answered some of the querries on this forum and with ur permission will continue to do so in future but i may be wrong in offering solutions at present so i request other members to point out if theres any mistake in my inference.

i request you to look at my posts and tell me was i wrong or right

thank you

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 22, 2007 10:01 pm

Dear Rajeev Sharma,

Happy to hear that you are working hard at learning astrology. Having had the questionable fortune of examining the output and thought processes of several jyotishis when applied to the same chart, it struck me that despite what some believe or at least state publicly, there are really no black and white rules or approaches when delineative jyotish (analysis and synthesis) is concerned. Different people give different weightings to different aspects such as balas, gunas, awasthas, vargas, rashi drishtis, ashtakavarga, etc etc. So other than the very basic fundamentals it would be hard for anyone to definitively demonstrate that this is the right way and that is not. The more you ask around, the more diverse opinions you will get as to what is important and what is not or what is the absolutely right as opposed to some 'wrong' way. You don't have to take my word for it. Do the experiment and you will soon see the mosaic!

The ONLY true test (and this will require patience and waiting) is to document your analysis and predictions in writing and then follow-up with the individuals that you had read for to see how many of the things turned out to be right and which ones did not. Do this both for traits, physical and mental features as well as events and predictions. This will give you more confidence in the long run as opposed to someone's opinion of whether you did something rightly or not, typically expressed in a fashion that lacks details partly due to the medium but also due to limitations in expressvity.

Please avoid going solely by your *memory*. Write things down, for some of the things you will come back to after a few years may lose their sparkle and you will come to appreciate the old Ukranian saying: The faintest mark of ink on paper is stronger than the strongest memory or recollection!

There has been a lot of anecdotal stuff floating around in the ocean of jyotish for millenia that passes as "evidence". And when pressed further individuals claiming it to be so, get upset and combative as if someone is questioning their moral integrity. Avoid all those situations by keeping a journal. The truth is locked inside you and only you can unlock it! Please don't replace your mirage with someone else's [even if it presents as a teacher!] fantasy!!

RR

[quote="RajeevSharma"]i think its good

i learned astrology (still learning it) to have an insight to my problems... i ve posted certain querries regarding my horoscope and rishirahul ji thankfully gave some time to it

i ve answered some of the querries on this forum and with ur permission will continue to do so in future but i may be wrong in offering solutions at present so i request other members to point out if theres any mistake in my inference.

i request you to look at my posts and tell me was i wrong or right

thank you[/quote]

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Wed May 23, 2007 5:52 am

thank u rohini ji

singlak

Post by singlak » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:49 am

Namaste to everyone here (as namaste stands for Main apko parnaam kartaa hoo in hindi)
coz you all readers are giving there precious time to reading and giving some solutions to a person  
here for his/her problem in there life

i agree with the above guidelines up to some extent

but i have a personal opinion here i.e. if some one here post there problem he/she is also giving time to this site
for seeking a solution for his/her problem if he/she found it genuine or see as a major change in his/her dicision due to readers prediction ,he/she will always prefer this site and will must contribute to this site eigther way.

For myself i am a learner of astrology palmistry for some 20 years and still i want to know further
in my life i have read many charts and still wants to
No doubt i am not a perfect astrologer or reader
there may be big mistakes in my readings and i always think about what a mistake can cause a big harm on there life.

again thanx (as thanx is very short word to readers contribution so ) and namaste to all you readers

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:38 am

RajeevSharma wrote:thank u rohini ji
Don't visit these "neck of the woods" a lot or as frequently as I should :-)

You are very welcome, Rajeev.

Rohiniranjan

newbie2000

Post by newbie2000 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:28 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:Abhishek,

Good guidelines! I run my readings only board on yahoo (jyotish-vani group) on exactly the same principles and did the same on astroexpert.com Please Explain forum earlier.

I generally like to respond to such casual requests on internet not based on the emergency room type requests that float around.

If there is such emergency -- you are already too late and beyond astrology being capable of helping you, forum members. You will only attract the heavies -- the tantrics and those who pose as tantrics!

Good luck and my prayers be with you!!

Rohiniranjan
the point in the above third para is worth noting.

Return to “Vedic Astrology Reading Forum”