Basis for Daily Horoscopes?

Check your daily horoscope here, before beginning your day.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Basis for Daily Horoscopes?

Post by swetha » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:15 am

on what basis do u feel are these daily horoscopes made? do they have some element of truth in it? if so, to how much extent?

Dj I.C.U.

The horoscope relies on the chaos theory

Post by Dj I.C.U. » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 pm

What exactly is chaos? The name "chaos theory" comes from the fact that the systems that the theory describes are apparently disordered, but chaos theory is really about finding the underlying order in apparently random data.

When was chaos first discovered? The first true experimenter in chaos was a meteorologist, named Edward Lorenz. In 1960, he was working on the problem of weather prediction. He had a computer set up, with a set of twelve equations to model the weather. It didn't predict the weather itself. However this computer program did theoretically predict what the weather might be.

One day in 1961, he wanted to see a particular sequence again. To save time, he started in the middle of the sequence, instead of the beginning. He entered the number off his printout and left to let it run.

When he came back an hour later, the sequence had evolved differently. Instead of the same pattern as before, it diverged from the pattern, ending up wildly different from the original. (See figure 1.) Eventually he figured out what happened. The computer stored the numbers to six decimal places in its memory. To save paper, he only had it print out three decimal places. In the original sequence, the number was .506127, and he had only typed the first three digits, .506.

By all conventional ideas of the time, it should have worked. He should have gotten a sequence very close to the original sequence. A scientist considers himself lucky if he can get measurements with accuracy to three decimal places. Surely the fourth and fifth, impossible to measure using reasonable methods, can't have a huge effect on the outcome of the experiment. Lorenz proved this idea wrong.

This effect came to be known as the butterfly effect. The amount of difference in the starting points of the two curves is so small that it is comparable to a butterfly flapping its wings.

The flapping of a single butterfly's wing today produces a tiny change in the state of the atmosphere. Over a period of time, what the atmosphere actually does diverges from what it would have done. So, in a month's time, a tornado that would have devastated the Indonesian coast doesn't happen. Or maybe one that wasn't going to happen, does. (Ian Stewart, Does God Play Dice? The Mathematics of Chaos, pg. 141)

This phenomenon, common to chaos theory, is also known as sensitive dependence on initial conditions. Just a small change in the initial conditions can drastically change the long-term behavior of a system. Such a small amount of difference in a measurement might be considered experimental noise, background noise, or an inaccuracy of the equipment. Such things are impossible to avoid in even the most isolated lab. With a starting number of 2, the final result can be entirely different from the same system with a starting value of 2.000001. It is simply impossible to achieve this level of accuracy - just try and measure something to the nearest millionth of an inch!

zomora

horoscope

Post by zomora » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:36 am

It's defining life and the universe into one set of parameters which i think isn't quite right. There is always a moon in orbit around a world herein our solar system. The whole idea that little piece of information was going to control my life i dont think so.
But on the other hand I listen to my inner voice, and there have been that the daily was right on the mark. Could I be that accurate about the readying I don't think so. Peace.
Each day is a blessing from the creator, bleesed be.

braincore

Is it real or not!

Post by braincore » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:43 am

:smt014  I think that there is a few people who can look at the world around them and with the knolegde of the signs  can come up with a rough estimate of what our day will contain even if we have to read between the words. :smt012
Cool I Am Out

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:44 am

i guess there is no such theory behind daily predictions.
Its too general that we realy can't get any idea from it whatsoever especially in case of good news.
Bad news are bound to happen thats the truth universally must be accepted.
But good news never become true if we go through daily predictions.

Daily predictions are fun stuff with nothing seriousness attach to it.
I will give 1 simple example.
I am a Leo. In my horoscope its wriiten i will go abroad to a contry of my dream . This prediction i get almost 10 days per month for the last 5 6 years, but still now I have not seen any positive tangible results out of it.
I am still in my home country.
So i guess its just a time pass.
:) love prevails

jyotiuday

Post by jyotiuday » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:50 am

Daily predictions are given as generalised not specifically for anything. So according to law of averages sometimes u will get correct predictions. U can say anything only when somebody tells something specifically 4 u & whether it comes true or not. At least I think this.
Be Happy.

Seerrs

Astrology! The BIG ?

Post by Seerrs » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:47 pm

As a result of my life experience this time around, there is a great deal of truth to Daily Horoscopes. As with all divination tools they are used by the practitioner as tools to assist in determining the potential next step. Specificly with Astrology, I submit that although we are subject to the personality traits under the Sign which we are born, We are not bound by them. Free will is paramount.[/quote]

sudarshantr

Thank to one and all

Post by sudarshantr » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:24 am

I have joined newly into this board.  My intentions are to clearly understand numerlogy first.  If I could understand the same, I would like to help many troubled people by showing easier methods of living.

I suffered a heart attach during june 2004.  The doctors diagnoised that I have cardiomyopathy which is a family disease.  I also had two blocks in my coronory arteries.  they were cleared by putting medicated stents two in number.  STill now I live on taking medicines day in and day out.

As for as my childhood days remembered - I struggled hard in day to day living.  My mother brought me and my brothers and sister to the stage we are today.

I would like to understand all these though numerology and take necessary pre-cautions in future.

Finally I woul like to wish all the Mystic Board members and the owners " A VERY HAPPY, PEACEFUL, MEANINGFUL AND SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR 2007

Thanks and regards

sudarshan t r

jallious

Post by jallious » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:50 pm

wind or a force at almost any amount, after a month, is about 1/1x10^6millon of it's original power, due to friction. It's hard to believe that such a force, even parrallel to another natural force, could do anything at all.
Trust your own feelings, never anyone else's.

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:50 am

Daily prediction generally gives only a sketchy idea , no truth is there in it.

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:52 am

Over all the years One thing I have learned is that this prediction and all such stuff can at best be a hobby .
nothing is magical in this world.
U work and u get paid for it.
Similarly its just a form of entertainment and a means of livelihood for the astrologers.

jallious

Post by jallious » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:29 pm

Either your post has no sense in it, or my mind can make nothing out of it... Why I'm saying this, I guess I'm just tired, and looking for posts..
Trust your own feelings, never anyone else's.

Bhatt Saab

Daily Horoscope Results

Post by Bhatt Saab » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:59 pm

To know your Day take the time and place exact to the last second on making Horoscope with the help of ASCENDENT -- pLANETS--and the nature of your Question to which house it represents calculate in corelation with the planets placements its relations and its owner of the house placements you will get the RESULTS - NO SCIENCE IS CENTPERCENT Correct, But will definately give results of Accuracy inbetween 86 to 96 % . TRY IT.

Astrology is my Hobby so any suggestions are welcome.
JAI MATAJI

ssn

Detailed Analysis

Post by ssn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:24 pm

As many people says only 12 rasi to get prediction. that may correct bcause, there will be million's of people with the same sign gets different result in practice.  But the right method is to get prediction on daily, or weekly or yearly as per their interest with the following data: date, time and place of birth, with sunrise and sunset details.  This will be helpful to get the exact fact of the day.

Autumn

h

Post by Autumn » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Thats for you to decide through corrolation, I thinks thats the most rational plus youll know

Return to “Daily Horoscope”