Queen of Swords. help with final outcome celtic cross

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

ALMAS2010

Queen of Swords. help with final outcome celtic cross

Post by ALMAS2010 » Sat May 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi,

I am a beginner at the RW tarot deck. Idid a celtic cross spread this morning asking if my ex boyfriend and I would reunite as a couple again.
I got the following card:
Position 1: heart of the matter: knight of cups to represent him
position 2: Opposing factor: 6 of wands
position 3: root cause: 7 of pentables
position 4: past: ace of cups
position5: goal or purposes: wheel of fortune
position6: Future: Lovers
position 7: you as you see yourself: the emperor
position 8: outside environment: the star
position 9: hopes and fears: page of swords
position 10: outfome: queen of swords then i pulled a second card because i was confused: 10 ofcups

Your help would be much appreciated. I am very confused about the queen of swords..does this mean there would be another woman? or does this represent me? Also, since the lovers card came up in the near future, would that mean it's with me? or in his life in general?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Hello,

Let me tell you first that you have posted this in the wrong forum. You should have posted in the Tarot Reading forum or the General Tarot forum.

For a beginner, you have chosen a complex spread my dear.
Let me try and bring my contribution to your spread and self-reading.
The Celtic Cross goes deeper than answering your Yes or No question. And, perhaps, for that you have chosen quite a complex spread. And, I am not surprised you are only interested in the last Outcome card to arrive to your desired answer. But how about the other cards and their positions?

Positions One and Two: Knight of Cups and Six of Wands.
I see here either a person (male or female) who has been the root cause of this situation that you are in, OR, a behaviour pattern about that person or yourself portrayed in the form of the Knight of Cups. He is ultra sensitive and over emotional. He can be overpowering with his sentimentality and emotional expressions. He can be moody and laments that things are beyond his control. He/she is a romantic lover, but sometimes could do bringing his/her down from the clouds. He is what every woman would like for a lover, but sometimes and some people cannot take this entire ultra romantic person.
One of you, or someone in this relationship, had to come out the winner all the time, I feel. Against the backdrop of this ultra sensitive person, the opposing factor was perhaps a battle of wills or one who was always eager to be correct about something perhaps? That is a conflict.

Position 3. Root cause. Seven of Pentacles.
Let’s wait and see; let’s wait and see for things to change on their own. Oh, we’ve done everything but nothing is coming to fruition. Whilst in other terms this card talks about waiting – and waiting patiently -for the outcome of your hard work to greet you with dividends, but in an opposing factor or an unconscious influence that it may have is that waiting for things to change or to come about is not always the right thing to do. When change does not come about on its own accord, some action is required on our part to bring out that change.

Position 4: past influences. Ace of Cups.
The new found love and romance, the new beginnings that you once had is a thing of the past now. You have moved on from that and perhaps did not nurture it or let things to their own devices. This is the Past and let us not build too heavily on it, but it does give you a picture of where things were and how/why they changed.

Position 5: Conscious influence; goal or purpose, Alternate future Wheel of Fortune.
I would call this position, the best that can happen in the immediate future. A change of events; turn of events; a twist or something in the workings to bring about a change. That is what you in your subconscious are perhaps expecting to happen – that events, things may bring about a change. That change could be a good one or a bad one. The wheel never promises good or bad; it just happens and only then we realise what it has brought to us.

Position 6: Approaching influences; qualities to embrace; unresolved factors; The Lovers.
I feel positions 5 and 6 are somehow related or connected to each other. With this position I feel some choices need to be made. Whilst the Lovers card is that ultimate love and the strong feeling, but it also stands for choices. Depending on that choice, you may influence the immediate future, that which is in the above position 5. This is where I sometimes say, whilst the Wheel of Fortune revolves beyond our control, but we can influence that rotation to our advantage by the choices we make. Easier said than done, eh?

Position 7: You as you are; you as you could be or present yourself. The Emperor.
Here again I feel there is some form of strength and will power, a dogmatic attitude, almost unwilling to give in or change. Perhaps I see some connection here with position Two where there was an attitude of being the winner. The Emperor is a winner too, he can be quite adamant about his ways and his discipline about his own beliefs. Is this or is he serving you to your highest good? Worth some self analysis here I suspect.

Position 8: Outside environment; another person’s opinion; The Star.
Hope and anticipation that things may change. Hope is good, but without nurturing action, it can only remain hope. The woman in this card is nurturing the land with water thus creating new life. It is that nurturing action with hope that things will change around you. The Star card I see as the inspiration but without some work, that inspiration remains only a concept, an ideology.

Position 9: Hopes and Fears.  Overlooked factors, Key factor, Guidance. Page of Swords.
There is intelligence and there is the immature child. Both can go together but sometimes the immature child may spoil the intelligence of this page. In other words, while the page of swords may have some answers, as he is one of the smartest of the other pages, but do not forget he is only a page, a young person who is also so vulnerable. Whilst you may have all the calculated answers of how to bring about hope in this situation, but there is also that fear that it may turn out to be just words – Swords – element of air. At the best of times I take the page of swords as a young person, good at calculations and solving problems, but he is still a child; immature in the ways of adult life. So, where is your fear in this?

Outcome: Inner state, actions, effects. Queen of Swords – clarifier Ten of Cups.
Queen of Swords- Vigo,
She can be a bitch at times, but she is also emotionally detached and only follows common  sense. So, who is the utmost romantic and who is the logical and common sense person between you two? To answer your basic question if you will get back together, would or could depend on a person of the qualities of the Queen of Swords; one who is fair, blunt, and straightforward, does not get emotionally carried away…… or……. It may suggest to you that perhaps this is the attitude you may need to take if you wish to reach the Ten of Cups status. The Ten of Cups I do not believe is the alternative answer to the Queen of Swords. The latter may be telling you any two of the two things: be firm, don’t be such a foolhardy romantic; take control and be firm where you stand.

I hope my own views of these cards has added another dimension to your own reading.

Let me know what you think.

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”