Interpretation Of Queen of Cups - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Queen of Cups - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 10:47 am

Queen of Cups - Upright

Minor Arcana

You are a loving and tender person. Your maturity level is high. You may also be a psychic and intuitive. You are full of compassion and represent a happy marriage.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

Rhutobello

The water queen

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:55 pm

She has her Throne on the beach, In the background you can se a cliff and a hill goes upward. The sky is clear.
On the throne you can see the picture of an little angel raising the hand towards you.
The queen study her piece of art and look relaxed, she radiate warmth and looks like a kind person.
She is easy to approach and will give good guidance in art and family questions.
She is also known as an romantic person and a bit dreamy...but is very intuativ :smt008

PrincessinVain

Post by PrincessinVain » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:44 pm

A wise, generous, and forgiving person. Full of spirituality and deep thoughts. Very supportive. She can be a guiding light to some people. Sometimes she is the only person that one can trust his/her life with.

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:57 pm

awesome! this is the card that i am related with, my significator!
P.S. Don't tell anyone! LOL Just kidding

Bhadra

Interpretation of Queen of Cups - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Bhadra » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:14 pm

how funny, Samantha, this card comes up for me a lot too, along with the High Priestess, the Empress and the Queen of Pentacles this is one of my favorite cards.

Ok, I promised to "dummy up" a bit here and keep it simple so this time I'm just going to look at the card and see who and what she represents to my intuition. By the way, the the way I usually read is more intuitional as adding the intellectual or scholarly aspects sometimes just muddies the meaning for me and doing a reading on the fly I don't have time to do all that research.

Ok, I did a little research, but kept it simple on this one:

The Court cards can represent:

> The people in your life.

> Aspects of character and personality.

> Your sense of identity and knowledge of yourself.

> The roles you play.

> Events or situations coming into existence.

> Times or seasons of the year.

> Qualities you should cultivate to handle your situation.

Queens can stand for actual people in your life or different aspects of your personality. Unlike the other cards of the Tarot, Queens do not tend to represent situations in your life, but rather a type of personality. Queens express their suits from the inside, setting a tone without imposing it unlike the Kings tend to do.

Queens recognize their power and display self-confidence, generosity, channels her feelings, emotions, dreams and visions through thought and she is able to make her points well with sensory information and practical knowledge.

Queens are the mother figures of the Tarot and often symbolize mature women with some kind of authority or personal power. Queens represent creativity, love of nature, caring, fondness for children, a new level of understanding, or awareness. They tend to offer good advice and are good listeners.

Queens influence the situation in a way described by their position in a spread. Several Queens in a reading may signify meeting or gatherings of many women. "She" can also represent a man or a sense of self in a man.

Questions you can consider when you receive the Queen of Cups:

Who wants to protect you and shower you with affection?
How are you working or expressing your unconscious?
How are you expressing your emotions?  
Who is inspiring you with their dreams and openness?
http://www.geocities.com/tarot_r_us/Int ... cards.html

Speaking of Intuition, this lady is all about intuition. She is dreamy and sometimes psychic. Right now my intuition tells me this lady is mature...over 40, probably brunette with dark eyes.  Although the image in the card depicts lighter hair I'm seeing someone darker. Auburn hair would be about right.

She sits at the edge of the water, representing the tides of emotion, she sits on the beach, she has her feet firmly on the ground. She is a woman who can be trusted to be a stabalizing influence. You can confide in her about your feelings, she represents the Goddess in her most loving, compassionate aspect. She holds a chalice that is very ornate and sometimes represents The Holy Grail. An open, half clamshell is carved into the back of her throne, indicating a relationship to Neptune, God of the sea.  She will help you look into your emotions and delve into them deeply, directing correct action with compassionate understanding gleaned from a wide and varied experience. There are cherubs on her throne. This one "flies with the angels" and probably does a lot of angelic communication.

Her number is 4, her direction is West, her element is,  Water of Water, her planetary correspondence is Scorpio. She rules from 20 Degree Gemini to 20 Degree Cancer. Her season is Summer to Autumn.

This is a happy card. It indicates balance and harmony but this woman may lack common sense and is easily influenced by people and events around her, she goes with the flow but accomplishes high achievements through imagination. She is probably very artistic and sensual.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself in. ...
-Martha Washington, America's First First Lady

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi Bhadra,  :smt006
Good work as usual! Thanks for adding the other aspects of tarot reading! :) That is really nice of you for sharing! keep it up! I can use all the help i can gewt! :)

Bhadra

Post by Bhadra » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:54 pm

samantha234 wrote:Hi Bhadra,  :smt006
Good work as usual! Thanks for adding the other aspects of tarot reading! :) That is really nice of you for sharing! keep it up! I can use all the help i can gewt! :)
You are very welcome Samantha!  I'm glad I can contribute something cause as usual I doubted my ability to come up with anything that would be of use to the students in here. I'm having fun and learning a lot too. Glad I can help.  How about emailing me to discuss what your ideas are for that Advanced Class, what we need to do to get it launched and what you see as my role in that.

Huggers :smt006
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself in. ...
-Martha Washington, America's First First Lady

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”