Interpretation Of Ace of Swords - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Ace of Swords - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 10:56 am

Ace of Swords - Upright

Minor Arcana

This may be the beginning of a new unexpected venture.  You may become a valiant leader. You may have the strength and ideas for making a new beginning. You may have to face obstructions and hurdles. You have the will power and courage to achieve you goals. You just need to focus your determination. Triumph and victory is soon to be seen.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:21 pm

First, the card fill me with awe.
I am on a place far up.  
I am given the sword and the crown. In the crown is two diffrent "capes" (don't find the words). 1 is smoth and nice the other I belive is a thorny one. You see some drops under each "cape", this can symbolise rewards if you choose the "Right" way and tears if you go wrong.
You only see the mountain tops, this I think is "consetrate on the big picture and don't bother with the small matter"
The sky is clear.. so yes..The new beginning is given you...do the best out of it:)

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:43 pm

Excellent job!
 Also, remember, as you have said, the ace of swords is a two-edged sword! It could be used for good or evil depending on the cards surrounding it! :) The meaning of one card is important but as you all will see, the combination makes the reading much clearer! :)

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:09 pm

The upright sword to me declares some sort of challenge is about to begin. With the clear blue sky in the background it also says to me that your thoughts are clearing. This is a time when you will be able to think more clearly.

Changes will be made for the better.

Having the determination to go forward with a clear mind.

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:43 pm

excellent job!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue May 01, 2007 9:41 am

I am not very friendly with the Swords suit; they all fill me with some kind of awe, as Rhutobello said above. However, I am filled with strenght and hope with the Ace of Swords as it gives me an inspiration of almost divine strength, a kind of strength that may lead me to wear the crown of a success for achieving something. That hand through the clouds almost denotes to me the hand of the Divine giving me all that I need in terms of confidence and power to proceed ahead. Depending on a spread and the relation of other cards, I am not so scared of this card. Simply looking at it I feel strong and feel that I can go ahead and do whatever that is required of me.

AnaMaree

Post by AnaMaree » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:11 am

It is like a gift being given with all kinds of potential, it is up to the receiver to do something with it.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:52 pm

It's all about using your logic, intellect and problem solving skills. Debates, discussions. This could also be someone who is rather verbally assertive or argumentative and you may be behaving like this or having to deal with someone like this.

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”