Interpretation Of Four of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Four of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Four of Pentacles - Upright

Minor Arcana
This signifies material and financial security. Business will prosper and so will wealth. There may be a promotion on the job front.  You may have fixed ideas. You may be selfish to a certain extent depending on you time and resources.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:37 am

This card shows a man holding on to his coin with his life. He seems to me to be a bit possessive over what he has. This also says to me that he has financial security but he may be a little bit of a miser with his money.

Being overly possessive.

Wanting to control everything.

Not wanting to change anything.

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:08 pm

hold on to what you have
budget is needed here

successgoodhealth

4 Pentacles

Post by successgoodhealth » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:57 pm

4 pentacles

This person is UPTIGHT and STINGY with their money and resources.
If they keep viewing money as their God, then they could actually block
the money flow in their lives.

:smt049
Blessings!
successgoodhealth - Lyn in real life

jacx

Post by jacx » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:33 pm

this card indicates to me that there is a situation you dont want to let go of. Holding onto what you already have in your life.
It also tells me  that  there is a blocking yourself through fear.  holding yourself back,  also protecting everything you have.  i also got  exageration, not understanding the full picture, not seeing to the bottom of things and just in general blocking yourself. sorry for my crap spelling   :)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Apart from the typical miser image, this card brings a more positive meaning when I look at it in some of my readings for people -specially a very dear friend-.

And that is the ability to protect our energy from negative sources around us: notice how the Pentacles cover his crown, heart and feet chakras. Sometimes it is very important not to let our energy and resources get totally drained by surrounding people and circumstances. This is something therapists know much about, and which everyone in contact with the public for many hours should learn.

Unless we know how to keep well ourselves, there is no way we may help others. In other words, stinginess in sometimes necessary if we want to be generous in the long run.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:32 pm

Four of Pentacles
This is someone who thinks money, feels money and walks money....... figuratively speaking.

He can be tight and miser, almost for himself and by himself.
He is protecting what he has, whether he has earned it by sheer hard work or inherited it from a deceased family member. But I also feel sad for this guy. With all that money he has turned his back to the city behind him - city as the symbol of life, excitement and fun times.
This card when shown in my readings, has meant (and I did tell one querent) that she was being a tight miser and she totally agreed for and explained her reasons (I was not judging her of course). Depending on the querent's situation and the question asked, this is also being prudent and guarding your investments and looking after the pennies.

Astynome

Post by Astynome » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:28 am

Hi, I always think of the words 'certain/sure' and 'to keep' with this card.  There is a bit of risk involved but the person is pretty definite that their decision will pay off or that they already have a lot going for them already.

DevilshAngel

Post by DevilshAngel » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 am

When I see this card I think of Scrooge
♥Believe♥

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”