Interpretation Of Nine of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Nine of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 12:56 pm

Nine of Pentacles - Upright

Minor Arcana

You may be financial comfortable. This is all due to hard work and independence. You enjoy a harmonious atmosphere. You may have financial gains from unexpected sources. You may be popular in the social circle.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:47 am

This shows a lady admiring her beautiful garden . It shows me that she has worked hard to achieve what she has and is now starting to enjoy the fruits of her labour. She would have job security and financial security. A time of just rewards.

This is a time for sitting back and enjoying all your hard work.

A time for relaxaing.

A time for leisure.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:24 pm

I have always thought of this card as finally achieving mastery over a certain art, job, activity or pastime. Through hard work and discipline we have learned to make a complex task seem easy and fun. We have learned to flow with our task and lose ourselves in it. Now we can make a living from it and fully enjoy it like a hobby.

So, mastering of skills, flowing serenely with our chosen activity and self fulfillment, mostly.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Ok, let us see what our lady in orange is telling us..

Orange is for a high standing in society, grapes for abundance, the bird is the finer things in life and money is....... money..

I agre with all the above interpretations........ HOWEVER or BUT (you knew it was coming) while this lady looks like a socialite, almost  locking herself in her own garden - alone - I feel this is just a respite, even though it is number 9, but from the readings I have done with this card shown, I have felt the querent needed to take time off, a well-deserved and well-earned time off and enjoy the finer things in life, including the money he/she has earned. But I feel this not to be a permanent state; it applies to someone who desperately needs to take a holiday and splash her/his money in having a good time.

(This card once appeared for someone with a wealthy background/family, who was torn between studying veterinary medicine (her wish and desire) or doing what her parents expected of her to do - engineering or something. Please control your laughter, but I could not, repeat could not but see this card as the person's preferred line of study with the bird being nurtured so nicely on this lady's hand. She felt and thought the same with me and I hope she is happy doing what she loves to do most).

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”