Interpretation of The Hermit - Upright - Major Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation of The Hermit - Upright - Major Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 1:49 pm

The Hermit - Upright

Major Arcana

You need to take out time and think about your situation. Do not do things for others’ sake. You need to be prudent and seek sound counsel. Be cautious and vigilant in your dealings. You need a mentor who can guide you.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

Nelope123

The Hermit

Post by Nelope123 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:46 am

The Hermit card represents your inner wisdom, which sets you apart from others.  The Hermit reminds you that you have the opportunity to share your knowledge and help others in THEIR journey.

drdave

The Hermit

Post by drdave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:10 am

The Hermit is so wise and yet so unmaterial
At the end of the  journey all he needs is the mountain peaks and his lantern of light
Or perhaps he is at the beginning of his journey
Dave

tarot beginner26

The Hermit what does it mean

Post by tarot beginner26 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:01 am

When you get this card on a thread does it mean we have to keep to ourself and retreat ans reflect? Or do we have to share what we know with others.

firehorse

the hermit.. 9th card of the Major

Post by firehorse » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:57 am

The Hermit.. 9th card of the Major

And as such may be interpreted as the ending of a cycle, or closure through intelligent introspection
or depending on position and spread, the indication of the need for such introspection.

may also indicate the time has come for one to breach upon the soulful attributes of compassion, caring
and understanding perhaps from a position of leadership.

may also indicate the humanitarian and/or the socially conscious

All of witch :-).. is purely subjective as the cards have an intricate, personnel relationship with there rightful
companion.

blessed be

Firehorse

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Hermit is ruled by the sign of Virgo, which is a born worrier, extremely analytical but has a penchant for churning things over and over in its mind and this can cause a bit of mental stress and worrying and restlessness.

Hermit is all about self examination, contemplation, silence, solitude and wanting some alone time to think things through..... deeply

manon

The Eremit

Post by manon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:40 pm

I started having that card come out over and over after my divorce and was in total panic of being alone. I hated it and the old man scared me to death. By now I think I know the meaning!
You find so much wisdom in solitude, it is not a bad thing. It is a time we need to work on ourselves, work hard. And when he identifies to the eremit he needs  nobody and and he brings light to others. He is wise. ( I wish i were!...)

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”