Interpretation of The Star - Upright - Major Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation of The Star - Upright - Major Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 2:21 pm

The Star - Upright

Major Arcana

This is a very positive card and signifies hope, inspiration, balance and harmony. You are highly optimistic and have a good chance of making up in long standing situations. Your will be confident in your actions and have a very positive influence over others.  

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

Nelope123

The Star

Post by Nelope123 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:05 am

The Star card represents how you connect your unconscious mind to the Universal Mind.  The Star card reminds you of your opportunity to share with others the universal knowledge that comes to the surface of your conscious mind.

Bella

Post by Bella » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 am

The Star - lets start by looking at the symbolism of this card and how it can help us interpret it.

A nude woman kneels on the land with one foot in the water, pouring life's water from two jugs onto the land as well as into the water - this way she nurtures the world. This represents for us here the balance she has achieved between her physical and emotional self.
The OGD attributes her to Aquarius, "the water bearer" and this gives her the element of Air.

The water that is poured onto the earth falls into five streams and this represents for us the five senses - taste, touch, sight, hearing and smell.
The bird pearched in the tree in the background is a symbol of Air and also represents for us here the ability of ones spirit to rise up to higher levels of consciousness/understanding. She herself is nude because at last she is comfortable with whom she is.

I have read that the seven small stars may well be representing the 7 planets of the ancient world or even the 7 mythical sisters who were turned into stars, thus indicating mortality. The large 8th star could represent the possiblilities to go beyond normal earthly limitations.

So what is the message here for us in this card, its prime message is one of hope and renewed faith in ourself and in our world. It symbolises for us that we have now reached a place where we are more confident and desire to achieve a higher level of understanding and spiritual growth.

This is the card that indicates a positive outlook and provides a sense of optimism it shows us that we have a trust that all will work out for the best.  Its the card that hearlds the calm after the storm and brings with it the opportunity to take a step forward towards success - whatever the success may be.

This is the card that helps you understand what the Tower was all about!!

This Star  suggest to you inspiration and a renewed sense of purpose.

Some Keywords for this card could be, hope, optimism, renewal - calm after the storm.

~ Bella ~

A Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star poem

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?
Up above the world so high , like a diamond in the sky
When the blazing sun is gone, when he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light, twinkle, twinkle all the night.
Then the traveller in the dark, thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see which way to go, if you did not twinkle so.
In the dark blue sky you keep, and often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye, 'till the sun is in the sky.
As your bright and tiny spark lights the traveller in the dark,
Though I know not what you are - twinkle, twinkle little star.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Very nicely put Bella!

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Whenever I do a "tricky" reading (some bad news or negative confirmation or difficult time coming up soon) I often get The Star as the final card. I take this to mean that everything will work out well in the end and success and happiness will come. For me it is a reassuring card and one that says the bad times will pass and glory (in whatever form) will be yours to enjoy. Lots of my readings seem to end with this one!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:08 pm

It is a wonderful to get by way of an outcome to a reading.

Bella

Post by Bella » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:13 pm

cedars wrote:Very nicely put Bella!
Thanks cedars  :)
****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****

AnaMaree

Post by AnaMaree » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:25 am

I like "the calm after the storm" Bella.

We are in the middle of a "storm" and for the last three days I have drawn the STAR card.  I am really liking this card!

Orothetis

Post by Orothetis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 pm

This is a very positive card and signifies hope, inspiration, balance and harmony. You are highly optimistic and have a good chance of making up in long standing situations. Your will be confident in your actions and have a very positive influence over others.

Clare

The Star

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:31 am

To me it is someone dependable, almost like a motherly figure, they get the job done easily and without fuss

lilmisstarot

Post by lilmisstarot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:04 am

I see it a card that signifies Hopes, dreams and wishes. Balance and harmony. Things working out for the best. Maybe not exactly as you planned it would be, but it is for the best to your situation.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Also known as 'the wish card' full of romance affection, dreams. Hope, happiness contentment, optimism, fulfilment....

manon

The Star

Post by manon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:44 pm

now i understand the detailed meaning of this happy end-protection card! Thanks  a lot!

ceevee1919

The Star

Post by ceevee1919 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Reach for the stars!  You have them in your grasp.  This will be a little more into the future, I feel the Star does read for the present.

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”