Curious about technology vs traditional.

All discussions - suggestions, bug reports, upgrades, feedback, new feature requests - related to Mystic Softwares goes here. Co-Branding Mystic Softwares discussion also goes here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pook

Curious about technology vs traditional.

Post by Pook » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:24 pm

I was wondering how everybody feels about software and the internet compared to more traditional means to transmit psychic ability. Do you prefer offline contact/materials or online? Do you like both?

Sorry if I'm not coming off vague. I'm a newbie and was just curious how modern technology affects the divination practices.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:42 pm

What is traditional?

Pook

Post by Pook » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:58 pm

For example an online tarot vs. tarot cards in your hands in real life.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:04 pm

ah ok..because I was gonna say, before tarot and other such tools, there were no tools....just our hearts? Wasn't sure how traditional you meant.

Pook

Post by Pook » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:38 pm

I was not meaning to be disrespectful or anything. Just curious what impact people think technology has had on psychics etc. If people think there are pros or cons to either side.

wickedwill

Post by wickedwill » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 am

well with anything there are pros and cons. i find that the tarot software so far is quite accurate. and i like the tutor/test feature

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:53 am

Peace be with you each and all.....
Please consider this when seeking on the path
Tradition as defined is a bit enigmatic...here are two definitions
from WordWeb.....
An inherited pattern of thought or action
A specific practice of long standing
prefer the Old Ones explanation--- always been this way
methods of divination were available long before Tarot Cards ----
sticks, stones, bones, coins, regular playing cards---etc,etc,etc
have seen all of these used by the Old Ones and they work
Results of any of these methods may be related to the Power of the Spirits  to communicate with the Old Ones or any other seeker
The tarot spirit guide is the thing, not the cards....
As to computerized methodology----spirit communication is fast through electrical circuits and just as effective---

why---it is the spirit guide[s] responding

peace and love to all.......TAO

cdo

Post by cdo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:29 pm

One thing the electronic age does do is bring the diviniation process right to our desktop but my feeling is that nothing beats the touch and feel of the Tarot cards vs the touch and feel of the keyboard . Both i believe have their place  so perhaps its a matter of personal preference in the end .

Shortyfrm

Post by Shortyfrm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:10 am

cdo wrote:One thing the electronic age does do is bring the diviniation process right to our desktop but my feeling is that nothing beats the touch and feel of the Tarot cards vs the touch and feel of the keyboard . Both i believe have their place  so perhaps its a matter of personal preference in the end .

I agree,  I guess I am just old school but nothing beats the personal feel of an up close and personal hands on the cards reading.  Now, don't get me wrong the interactive software that I have experimented with is very accurate.  However, when dealing with my clients, I always let them choose the form of divination they are most comfortable with and 99% want my hands on the cards and not the keyboard.

WITCHYNANNA01

Post by WITCHYNANNA01 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:37 pm

I have used both, and have found them both to be accurate. I really like the touch and feel of the cards. My 12 year old grand daughter also has been blessed with this gift, but her mother does not like it. Ibelieve that it is all up to the on that is doing the reading, wich one they prefer.

Return to “Mystic Softwares”