Two card spread question

All discussions - suggestions, bug reports, upgrades, feedback, new feature requests - related to Mystic Softwares goes here. Co-Branding Mystic Softwares discussion also goes here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

D Rocks

Two card spread question

Post by D Rocks » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:04 pm

In the tarot reading program, if choosing the two card spread it indicates that it can answer a yes/no question and that the cards are in fact picked in advance. I am unclear what that means, would it just be choose card one or two and upright is yes, and reversed is no, or how does it work.
D ROCKS!!!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:51 pm

In my opinion...Tarot shall not be used for yes or no questions....but when that said...when you can use it just like the dice and make your own rules:)
(I am not the programmer, just a big mouth :) )

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 am

hmmm.. let me check it out and get back to u.
swetha

jyotiuday

Post by jyotiuday » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:44 pm

What I have heard is that Tarot gives u guidelines. & you can change your future/actions so as not to get in trouble. Even I am not an expert. Just a new student.
Be Happy.

RCDeschene

Post by RCDeschene » Thu May 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Even though this topic is not active anymore, I too am confused as to what the Two Card Spread is supposed to mean and would like some elaboration...

I also understand and agree that the Tarot isn't usually meant for simple yes/no questions and is to be used for open reponded insight, but I myself am interested in this particular Tarot Spread and would like to actually try it out in a real reading sometime...

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu May 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Can I recommend  our Tarot course that are free? ...if so go to tarot section and give your name...it's a self study course with help from student and teacher:)

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Thu May 10, 2007 6:04 pm

I am in Gem's tarot course and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri May 11, 2007 4:13 am

ok guys... then y is it said the the yes/no spread can be used for daily readings?

RCDeschene

Post by RCDeschene » Fri May 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Well, technically, as far as I see it, any kind of reading can be used for daily readings regardless of spread (I would know, just about everyday in school kids haunt me for a reading and I always use the Celtic Cross).

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri May 11, 2007 2:30 pm

RCDeschene wrote:Well, technically, as far as I see it, any kind of reading can be used for daily readings regardless of spread (I would know, just about everyday in school kids haunt me for a reading and I always use the Celtic Cross).
Yes...you are right...any spread from 1card to them all.

It's not so much the spread itself....but how good you are to see what the card tells...that is what matter :)

Annodnyl

Two Card Reading

Post by Annodnyl » Fri May 11, 2007 3:01 pm

From my experience flipping a coin three times or using dice is best for a yes/no question.  But you can use the two card spread to elaborate on the choices.  If both choices are good or not favorable then the two card spread can help you decide on the better choice for the situation.
ANL

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri May 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Ah Ha!!   Found the thread relating to two card spreads!

Ok this is my view on two cards.

Using tarot for yes/no answers isn't hard and can be done in different ways. One is to carefully format a question that can be correctly answered with a yes or no answer, choose the number of cards to deal using an odd number of cards so 3 5 7 etc and then choose if reversed or upright will mean yes or no, so for instance, we choose upright as yes and reversed as no, then we shuffle and mix the deck allowing reversals to happen, then we deal....

........so by totalling the upright and reversed we can get yes or no, eg.... if we get 5 upright and 2 reversed the answer is Yes, if we get 3 upright and 4 reversed the answer is No...

The other way is to designate a yes and a no card, eg: the first one pulled is Yes second No and then whatever the card means is what will happen if we decide yes or no,  so for instance if we decide Card one is Yes and card two is No, and we get The Sun for the first card then thats a happy sunny outcome, if we got the Tower or Death for card two then maybe not go with the answer No?

Then we have two card spreads for clarification, for what ifs and so on :)

RCDeschene

Post by RCDeschene » Sat May 12, 2007 5:24 am

Rhutobello wrote: Yes...you are right...any spread from 1card to them all.

It's not so much the spread itself....but how good you are to see what the card tells...that is what matter :)
Well, I have only been reading cards for a year, so yes, I do often have my frequent difficulties interpreting specifically and accurately, but I do notice that the more I read and the more I come to understand the tarot a bit more thoroughly, the more fluent my intuitional perception becomes in which results in more "hits" than "misses" you can say...

To be perfectly honest, I tried using some of the card spreads that were included in the Free MB Tarot Software, such as the Number (1 and 3) Card Spreads, the Line Spread and especially its version of the Celtic Cross, for which I find easier to interpret rather than the version I've been using over my year as a reader (by that I mean I would read the cards in a slightly different order than the method in the Software’s version).

And I would like to thank you Gem for finally answering my question. I am now eager see to try out these methods that you have shared here... :)

itsjustme08052

Post by itsjustme08052 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:22 pm

just too chime in, that's how i generally do it too. the first card that comes up I use as answering the question with a yes and the second one answering it as a no...its pretty accurate that way from my experience.

Ranjit

Post by Ranjit » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:47 am

:smt008 The two card spread is an excellent spread which i discovered through the software i downloaded from here. Basically what it means is that before doing the reading you should designate either the first or second card as the yes or no option. ( I always designate the frst ard as the yes option) When you pick the cards, each will show what the situation would be. For eg. if you designate the first card as yes, then it will represent what will happen if you carry out the solution. So, the way to ask the quesion is, "show me what will happen if I go to the movies" the second card would say " what will happen if i dont go to the movies" Ive found it very accurate but sometimes i just get very confused answers. For me it works better on the second deck! ALL the best!

Return to “Mystic Softwares”