Tarot Reader and Tutor software

All discussions - suggestions, bug reports, upgrades, feedback, new feature requests - related to Mystic Softwares goes here. Co-Branding Mystic Softwares discussion also goes here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Duvessaedana

Tarot Reader and Tutor software

Post by Duvessaedana » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:05 am

Hello again, All.

I am new here and just posted a greeting message in the "Introduce youreslf" section...

First of all, I think the Tarot software is wonderful, and I will use it often as a backup to my Tarot explorations and readings. I have been wondering...what is the source of the card meanings in the software? And what would be the best hard copy source for meanings and instruction for an intermediate Tarot student to use?

I own Waite's Pictorial Key to the Tarot which I know is a classic, and also use an encyclopaedia of Tarot which is quite good and has useful information on Tarot origins and correspondences etc., and also some reasonable suggestions of meanings to consider alongside one's own intuitive interpretations, but I find it softens the card meanings too much and tends to try to make everything far too rosy. I do believe in being positive about things and looking for the opportunity suggested by the cards as well as the disasters that they can predict when relevant, but would like to have a more objective "this-is-what-the-card-essentially-represents" source on which to base my own interpretations--Waite's Key is already quite good at that but, I wonder, is there anything else?

I would appreciate any views on this anyone may have!

Thanks in advance,
DE  :)

Return to “Mystic Softwares”