Samantha's Class 2006

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Shazia - George is right, you only get an email notification when there has been a new post.  To do the class you just have to go to the tarot class topic and review the previous messages.  There are 4, I think, posts on the card meanings and several on different excercises you can do.  Just post to the question topic if you need help.  It looks like our little group is growing so I think that together with Rhutobello's guidance we can all help each other out until the instructor gets back. (if she's coming back???)

Doris - Welcome to the group!  I second George's post (again :smt002 ) break out those cards!!

Doris

Post by Doris » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:05 am

Thank you Blouise and George for your response. I still find this forum principle a little confusing. I will take out the cards, however, they are not the same as the raiter cards, so the pictures are different. I have downloaded the free software, so I will use it until I get a new deck.
I am not sure how to get started, I have read most of the Entries posted, and they are very interesting. Can you please explain to me what I should do next.

Thanks. :)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:02 am

In my opinion is the best thing to do to learn "keywords" for each card :

http://mysticboard.org/ri ... m.php?f=70

Look for the "Keywords" and consentrate just on upright meaning.
Be aware that there are more keywords then those displayed for each card here, but you learn as you go.

When you shall do a reading....Look at the question...look at the quarrant (sex,age,and so on) use your intuation and make a story out from the spread where you use the keywords for each card to fullfill it.

If you try the same thing with finish interpreted card, you will have great difficulty, and you will be stuck with one interpretion for each card, which is not true.

Just post your questions...and we all will try to help as good as we can :)

Good luck :)

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Doris - If you have a book with your deck you don't have to get a new one.  My deck is not a rider waite either, but the meanings are similar.  I think it gives me more to use when I try to interpret a spread.  I will assume you have read through all the card meanings if you have read all the posts under the tarot class topic.  So what I would do next is try to do a reading. Take notes on it and post it here to get some feedback if you feel comfortable with that.  It takes some time to remember what all the cards mean so use what ever you need to help you.  I did what Rhutobello suggested and put little stickers on all my cards with the keywords for each card so I could remember what each card signifies.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

George

Post by George » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:08 pm

Doris wrote:Thank you Blouise and George for your response. I still find this forum principle a little confusing. I will take out the cards, however, they are not the same as the raiter cards, so the pictures are different. I have downloaded the free software, so I will use it until I get a new deck.
I am not sure how to get started, I have read most of the Entries posted, and they are very interesting. Can you please explain to me what I should do next.

Thanks. :)
look for the topic  "preview for the first lesson-the court cards" and read it over and then go to "first lesson:court cards-cups " and this will begin the class for you.  this will introduce you to the King of cups, his queen, knight and page.  Lesson one is set up into four parts of the tarot cards.  thus you will learn four cards at a time and you can move at your own pace when you feel comfortable to move on from the Cup Court CArds to the Pentacles court cards and so forth.  

ask questions and more question we all learn from asking and answers all question!   :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Doris

Post by Doris » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:35 am

Thanks george, I found my first lesson. I think I'm getting the hang of this forum business. I decided to buy myself a new deck of cards because I have never liked the ones I had. I was going to buy the standard rider-waite deck, when I saw the druid craft set. Listiening to my instinct I got the druid set and I think I made the right choice.

I did my my first reading, for my daughter who is currently in her final year at school, ready to do her final exams. The question she asked was: Will I do well in my Higher Scholl Certificate (final exam)?

I got her to shuffle and cut the cards, then i layed the 3 card spread past,present, future. The cards were
past: The fool (reversed from where I was sitting)
present: Ten of Penticles (reversed)
future: Knight of Swords (reversed)

I looked at all the keywords and found it quite difficult to come up with anything coherent, then I had a really close look at the cards and felt the cards, from the feeling I got I concluded the following:-

My daughter has come from a simple and carefree life - she seems secure and stable with the exam situation and has a very determined " I will achieve what I want " attitude for the future, which may include some travel.

I felt good. What do you think?

shazia

Post by shazia » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:39 am

Hey Doris! How did you manage to find the 1st lesson on this forum as I really have not got the hang of it or maybe not spent enough time on it.
Do help if you can!  Thank you
B. regards
Shazia

Doris

Post by Doris » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:39 am

Hi Shazia,

It took me a while as well, and I'm still not sure if I'm posting messages in the right place, but I found the first lesson by scrolling down the entries under topics. It's about the 12th entry from the top and is labelled ' first lesson: court cards-cups'.

Hope you find it and have fun
Doris

shazia

Post by shazia » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 am

Thanks Doris!  Did find the first lesson exactly in the same manner ahha! now i am searching for the rest and shall do some more scrolling and searching when i have little more time.......u take care and good luck with your tarot learning!

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi Doris,
I think we should move this to the topic for tarot questions.  I'll post my reply there.  Here is the link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=11686

Shazia - these are the links for lesson1 parts 2,3 & 4 respectively as well as a general discription of the four suits.  Hope this helps.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=11375
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=11376
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=11379
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=17577

George

Post by George » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:23 pm

Doris wrote:Thanks george, I found my first lesson. I think I'm getting the hang of this forum business. I decided to buy myself a new deck of cards because I have never liked the ones I had. I was going to buy the standard rider-waite deck, when I saw the druid craft set. Listiening to my instinct I got the druid set and I think I made the right choice.

I did my my first reading, for my daughter who is currently in her final year at school, ready to do her final exams. The question she asked was: Will I do well in my Higher Scholl Certificate (final exam)?

I got her to shuffle and cut the cards, then i layed the 3 card spread past,present, future. The cards were
past: The fool (reversed from where I was sitting)
present: Ten of Penticles (reversed)
future: Knight of Swords (reversed)

I looked at all the keywords and found it quite difficult to come up with anything coherent, then I had a really close look at the cards and felt the cards, from the feeling I got I concluded the following:-

My daughter has come from a simple and carefree life - she seems secure and stable with the exam situation and has a very determined " I will achieve what I want " attitude for the future, which may include some travel.

I felt good. What do you think?
You reading is good! It seems right on to me.  One can never go too much agaisnt what they feel from the cards especially when you know the person of course watch out and don't let your reading be affected by knowing the person.  i just did a reading that was kind of negative and because i knew the person it was hard to say what i feel, so it goes...

i took my hand at reading the cards and i read upright and reverse of the cards.  the reverse cards seem to work for me even though i rather not use them but they just seem to finish the story i am trying to tell in my readings.  

here it goes:

The Fool reversed in the past there has been absorption in mundane matters to the exclusion of subtle (spiritual) influences.  One requiring a prop to the ego, chained to material concepts and matters.  Maybe chain too much to her exams

Ten of Pentacles in the present says success and because it is by a sword card and no cups around one who concentrates too much on material possessions.  

The Knight of Swords in the future suggestest, because he is near Pentacle,  a young man that shows courage of his convictions.  a very dark young man with brown to black hair, brown or black eyes maybe someone she knows or will know and i wonder if he will play a part in her exams.  

let me know what you think about the cards!  :smt006

shazia

Post by shazia » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:41 am

Hey thanks so much!  Great help!  Really appreciate it! Take care!

niravcal

Signing Up

Post by niravcal » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:08 am

Dont know how late I am... but am willing to catch up... here I am, signing up

George

Re: Signing Up

Post by George » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:35 am

niravcal wrote:Dont know how late I am... but am willing to catch up... here I am, signing up
your not late at all.  these classes are done based on your own pace and how fast you need to go or how slow you need to go.  

welcome aboard  :smt006

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 pm

niravcal - welcome to the group, it is so much more fun and helpful with more people.  Just holler if you need help :smt006

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”