A guide for tarot readers, interested?

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samantha234

A guide for tarot readers, interested?

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm

Hi, thought this might be interesting!

Combinations of Tarot Cards
 There are many interpretations for the Rider-Waite Tarot, but what builds the story and makes each reading unique for the client are the combinations. There are literally hundreds of them and sometimes they change the meanings slightly in the reading.
 There are the obvious ones, such as 4 Queens almost always mean a bridal or baby shower. 2 Queens usually mean gossip. $ Kings would be legal matters: the police, court depending on the cards complementing them. Two knights usually mean rivals. A child next to the empress card represents pregnancy and the sex of the child. Two pages are twins!
 The lovers next to the three of cups signifies a wedding, or next to the devil an illicit affair. It is up to the reader using both common sense and intuition to decide which is right for their client.
 With that said, I am considering posting a thread with tips on how to read the tarot, and was wondering if anyone was interested? If so, please post your replies here on the forum. I would also appreciate any thoughts and hints from other readers as I am always willing to learn new things! :)
Also, feel free to ask questions, and if I can answer them, I will, and if I can't, I will direct you to someone who can!
 If we can get enough people interested in this topic, I will begin posting July 3!  Remembewr, these are only tips and are not set in stone, every reader has a different way of doing things, it is only a guide to help you get started.
 If you are interested in a free reading, go to the psychic forum or the tarot forum and post under my name.If you would like a psychic reading, please visit Susanne in the psychic room forum. She is very good and has read for me!
                                                                     Love and light,
                                                                                   Samantha

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:59 am

Very much interested:)))
y dont u start a tutorial kind of thing on this topic. it will be a great help to amateurs as well as experts:)
moving ur thread to the rider waite deck forum

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi Swetha, :)
   Would love to! and will move it! I hope everyone can benefit from the tutorials and maybe we can find more readers out there on the board who didn't know they were gifted! :)  in fact, I'm sure we will!

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:33 pm

Hi Swetha,
Thank you for moving it for me!
                                        Samantha

Rhutobello

A great thing you do here Samantha:)

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:14 am

In order to learn Tarot, I have read several books that gives the basic understanding in Tarot. (but can be dull)
But that is just like a driving license, it is when we are together and put in our own thoughts an opinion in a group we are able to grow.
You have done that, and you are a very good writer, you are a good storyteller, and you tell it so simple that even I as an foreigner easy can understand you and have great pleasure from it:)
So I will just say: YES..give us the whole packet...and Thank You Very Much:)

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi Rhutobello, :smt006
Thank you so much for those encouraging words, they mean so much to me! :) I am glad you are enjoying the course! There is alot more coming, I promise! Have fun!!

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”