Preview for Tarot Class

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samantha234

Preview for Tarot Class

Post by samantha234 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:10 pm

Welcome everyone to our Tarot class! :smt006 We are so glad you are here! I wanted to post this before classes began to give you an idea how I plan to run this tutorial.
 First, has everyone downloaded the free software from the site? We will be using it in this course. Once you have downloaded the software look it over and try to get a feel for the cards .Look at each one seperataly  notice the picture, the colors,the numbers and the symbols. What feelings does the card give you, does it invoke feelings of happiness, sadness, anxiety?Don't worry if you don't feel much right now, you will when you begin to read for others!
 And it would be a good idea if you can get your hands on your own tarot deck, they must not belong to someone else, this is very important! They will help invoke the psychic part of your readings. Handle them frequently, sleep with them under your pillow, It is very important that you imprint your vibrations upon them.
 Most courses teach you to read one card at a time. (boring!) I want to run this course differently. When I do readings I mostly read them in sets of three. You can get a better picture that way of what is going on in their lives, for then it will tell you a story. The cards are read from left to right, past, present and future. Then put together they form a story. Every week I will give you three cards, chosen randomly from the deck. I will first explain each one in detail and then put them together for you. I suggest in the beginning you save  these lessons somewhere on your computer for easy access and future reference. :)  Here comes the fun part!  Then I will ask each of you to tell me what else you may see or feel from the cards. Everyone may pick up something different, or you may feel the same things as a collective consiousness. I would like each of you to post your feelings, thoughts, or even questions under the course topic for each lesson.This way we can help each other, you are all an important part of this class! I want to make this fun for all of us! :)
 Remember also, everyone has a different method of reading the cards,and you will see that as you read each other's post.  I am sure that you will discover yours! The idea is to learn from each other and help each other out.
 If any of you would like to know how to read the court cards,i.e. kings, queens, knights, and pages before class begins so you may study them, please let me know and I will post it ahead of time for you.
 Also, if you all feel that you would like the lessons more than once a week, tell me, and we will go from there. This is an interactive course, and your opinions are important to us!
 Once again, I welcome you all to this class, I have a good feeling that before long you will be joining the board with Susanne  and I as readers!
                                                                 See you in class!
                                                                        Samantha

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:07 am

that was a very interesting.

hey how about you chart out a week by week perview of things to come or something like a what will be taught each week.

also if you are ok with it we can send out a press release reading the same.

Thanks

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:09 am

also i just got this idea ... how about we start a forum specially for these classes.

Thanks.

samantha234

great ideas

Post by samantha234 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi Abhishek, :smt006
Great idea on both! I can do the chart also so everyone will be ready for the next lesson. I will try to have them ready over the weekend! And a press release sounds awesome! :) This is getting better and better!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:00 pm

wow! this loooks and feels great.. i mean a live tarot reading interactive tutorial:))
samantha..u r doing a great job..keep it up!!

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:35 pm

Thank you, Swetha! :smt006

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:58 am

I would like to thank you in advance Samantha for conducting these classes.
I definatley need help reading the court cards especially when they come up in the past tense. Also the way you have suggested reading the cards with a three card spread sounds just what I need.

I am looking forward to taking part!
many thanks
Carol

prasoon

hi

Post by prasoon » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:24 am

Sounds intresting!m waiting for the lessons.
with warm regards
Prasoon Chaturvedi

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:08 am

It is a very good thing samamntha, & Wish u guys all well. Best of luck guys.

samantha234

classes have begun

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi everyone! :smt006
Classes have begun and been moved to the learn tarot foru! This is where all the lessons will be posted! There is a link to the forum in the global announcement that abhishek posted! Don't be intimidated by the detail, go at your own pace.We are here to have fun! :)  Do help each other out and please share thoughts, questions and opinions by posting!

Your very welcome , Carol! I started out with the court cards because they are the hardest to read, but you can do it, i have faith in all of you! :) Thank you Vishwas for your kind words ,I'm hoping that any readers out there  would feel free to add their input and thoughts. Whether your in numerology, astrology, or whatever, it all folds in together!

Reading the cards in a sequence of three helps to build the story and confirms each others meanings. Much easier to read!
See you in class! :smt006
                                                              Love and light,
                                                                       Samantha

Yin Chang1

Post by Yin Chang1 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:55 pm

Great thinking everybody!!!!!!

dedec2000

Post by dedec2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:49 pm

I am so excited about this, but i do need the extra help about the kings and queens i have only been studing the cards for less than a year, and only now taken it truly serios and ordered my own decks to begin my true seach

DeDe
DeDe Crawford

dedec2000

Post by dedec2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm

Oh my, I'm sorry , forgive my typo's
DeDe Crawford

dionne

Post by dionne » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 pm

I look forward to your class.

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”