part 5 tips for reading the court cards

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samantha234

part 5 tips for reading the court cards

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:07 am

Well thaqt is the court cards! :) See if they remind you of people you already know so you can picture them in your mind. it will help you remember.Write down any impressions you may recieve, even if they are totally different from the ones i wrote, because different readers tend to pick up differnt meanings.
This is only what i have found that worked for me, something else may work for you.This is a guide only.You may add more to this list through your own experiences.
I will watch for your posts and help anyway I can.This week I will go into the major arcana topics and add my own meanings for your future reference. Check them out when you have a chance.
Next week we'll start learning to read three cards and put them together as a story. Every week after that we will do the same until we have used the whole deck and most of the combinations. Study, but most of all have fun!! :)  Talk with your fellow classmates on the board and with me also :)
I look forward to hearing from you and learning a few things from you!
Bye til next week! :smt006

Samantha

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:48 pm

hi everyone, :smt006
Please read the topic" a guide for tarot readers" This will list the combinations and give you all a head start! Thanks!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:26 pm

Let us see..( I might have misunderstand I am not sure if we shall post or just put up our opinion in our mind, but I post anyway....it might sound like Samantha's :smt005 )

The most important thing about Court card is that it tells about real people that will make an influence in your life.
Just like Major arcana tells that fate and destiny will help you out, court cards say you must depend on friends, family yea even strangers, in some situations.
Often you use 1 of the court card to be the "questioner"
Pages or princesses are infants that brings you messages, they run around having fun
Knight or prince is those bussy teenager traveling around, winning a girls heart, for so run again:) they can bring messages from far away or from your neightbour:) Since they travel they are more educated then the pages.
Queens are your mother, the loving, always caring soul, that always want to help you, that throw you a party, that sits back and give you good advices, when you are down and believe no one loves you:) She might even try to marry you away:)
King is the father, more bussy keeping the chash flow coming, he is smart, well educated, will listen to you and give you good advices in how you shall  procede in life. He will point out that education and intelligence are the main factor in our travel true life.

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:30 am

lol! very true, rhutobello! you sound like me but your version is easier to understand. thanks!@posting would be better! :) can't read minds, (not all the time anyway wink, wink!)lol

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:00 am

thanks guys....that really helped.. u both r making it seem much simpler than i ever thought it wud b!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:52 am

one q.. do all court cards have similar meanings.. like the king of wands and king of cups...arent they somewhat similar?

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 am

Yes im starting to get there now too!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:58 am

swetha wrote:one q.. do all court cards have similar meanings.. like the king of wands and king of cups...arent they somewhat similar?
Nope, just like real people they have a diffrent meaning too, what i put up was the general meaning.

You must take into account their different "proffessions" their different element.

Just like you will do with your own family.

Do you have several aunts or uncle...do they behave like 1 uncle or 1 aunt...or do they have different qualitys. Do you have a brother or a sister?  do they behave like you...or do they have other qualityes:)

Try to figure it out that way and look at the disciption as what quality that particular uncle have:)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:55 am

ok,... i get it... each one has his/her special traits and some common traits rt?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 am

bulls eye.....now all you have to do is to learn how they behave, try to picture them up ageinst people you know who have almost the same qualities. Don't let the "royal family" scare you....you are a part of them :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:07 am

thanks rhutobello...and thnaks for the pun too:))

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”