important notice for all tarot students

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samantha234

important notice for all tarot students

Post by samantha234 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi Everyone! :smt006
I have looked over the lessons I wrote and decided That I have given you guys alot to absorb in one week! Sorry! :)  So why don't we do it this way, Do the lessons at your own pace, answer the questions and help each other out, and when you all are ready for the next step let me know! When I have confirmation, then we'll go on. I want everyone to have fun with this course with no pressure, so I will follow your leads, ok?

Also, I would like to welcome 3 new students to the course:
Prasoon
Rhutobello
Johnny
all 3 signed up 7/4/06!
Welcome from all of us!
                                                                     Love and light,
                                                                          Samantha

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:59 am

rt Samantha ..thats a cool idea. maybe someone is caught up with work or something and cant get on with the class.
i am not very sure i will b able to read tarot:(((  but i have a feeling..by the time i am done with this class..u wud have turned me around.
swetha

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:22 am

Hi Samantha and to everyone else that is doing this course.

Not sure if this is the right forum to communicate in, please let me know if it's not.

I have copied your lessons to make for easy reference. I am soley concentration on these court cards and will be for the next couple of weeks before I move on to any of the other cards.

I have spread them out in thier little familes....I love the way you decribe them like that. I have also been noting my own interpretations of the cards which are not disimilar to yours. I myself would also like to take this course slowly as I like to absorb things first before moving on to the next stage.

I feel  like the Page of Swords with all these ideas in my mind and want to charge ahead like the Knight of Swords! However I am going to be like the Page and Knight of pentacles....be be able to watch my developments grow slowly but surely.

Before I learn how to read them in a spread, I want to get to really know the cards, their personalities etc.

Many thanks
Carol

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:23 am

I have been doing my own homework of sorts... thou i must admit i am not getting to sepnd as much time as i would like to becuase of my various commitments.

however, after reading Carol's post ... this idea just struck me. how about each participating student make a note of their own versions of intepretation on the rider-waite tarot forum  - http://mysticboard.org/rider_waite_tarot/  ( a ready index of each card can be found at http://mysticboard.org/ba ... ation.html )

that way other students also see can discuss the various meanings and why and why nots of the card.

say for example... today i choose the Ace of Pentacles (upright)

by reffering to the index ( http://mysticboard.org/ba ... ation.html ) and then by clicking on it i go directly to the ace of pentacles discussion thread and post my own meaning of it, along with why i feel that etc etc...

here is an example of it....

http://mysticboard.org/ri ... rcana.html

i added my own intepretation and hope to get better insigths and understanding of it with the help of all you good folks here.

Thanks,
Abhishek

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:56 am

Good work, Abhishek, thats the spirit!

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 am

thank you ... i am just trying to be a honest and good student.

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:12 pm

And you are a very good student! :smt006

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:29 am

Hi,

I am a little confused. The Knights....are classed as messangers. Does this mean that you will be receiving a message or that it is a message to be relayed?

Can you please help me on this one. Thanks

Rhutobello

I think

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:43 pm

you are right:)

From what I have read the Knight are the traveller.

The pages/princesses are more the messanger class, but I am sure Samantha enlighten us:)

What do the rest of class think....we might have a discussion....or is all clear?:)

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:08 pm

hi, :smt006  samantha here!
ok, knights make the offers, like the knight of cups is an offer of love or a wedding proposal, it is more vocal and one on one, personal.
The pages deliver the messages to you, you recieve them through letters, emails or phone calls, etc. i know its confusing, but think of the page as a mail man, and it will be easier to remember! :) hope this helps! :smt006

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:44 am

i think Knights are messengers... ones who relay a more personal message than the pages??? i dont this is what i felt when i saw this post.

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:59 am

Thanks for that Samantha, I will try to keep that in my mind when I am working on my cards.......

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:09 pm

hi, swetha, if that is what you feel from the knights then that is the way to read them for you :)  Everybody is different, and its been proven, look at the posts, different people see different things! My meanings only serve as a guide, you will know by your intuition, which one works for you! :) very good!
This is a great class! :)

rock

all about cards

Post by rock » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:04 am

i have seen readers on tv predicting correctly about world cup matches using tarot.i am facsinated and want to know more.pl help.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:09 am

sign up for class, then start to read diffrent topic here on the forum...interact with other student and teacher :)

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”